Author Topic: Gender Issues  (Read 23236 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Gender Issues
« Reply #675 on: April 03, 2021, 11:37:20 AM »
To Trim’s original question, there is at least some scholarship on the idea of being “transracial.”

Still far less accepted (and much rarer) than transgender identification.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/06/12/nyu-professor-naacp-rachel-dolezal/

But NYU sociology professor Ann Morning told CBS2’s Jiang that just like some people are transgender, others may be trans-racial – identifying more with a race other than their own.

Dolezal grew up with four adopted black siblings, and was briefly married to a black man.

“We’re getting more and more used to the idea that people’s racial affiliation and identity and sense of belonging can change, or can vary, with different circumstances,” Morning said.

Where's the "scholarship," it certainly isn't in that quote or article, that's a simple opinion, that's parsed with "may be."

Well I certainly didn’t mean to suggest there were peer reviewed studies if that’s your conception of scholarship. It’s the viewpoint of a sociology professor who has surveyed the landscape and thinks though these kinds of issues a lot more than you or I. Obviously it’s a very new concept in comparison to being transgender.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 04, 2021, 10:01:11 AM »
I don’t think people being furries or really in to anime is evidence of being trans-animal or trans-racial.
@bentren

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 04, 2021, 10:16:33 AM »
I don’t follow your point. I don’t think drag queens are evidence of people being transgender either.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 05, 2021, 03:10:11 PM »
 :surprised:

Offline memphis

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 05, 2021, 03:22:10 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 05, 2021, 03:31:39 PM »
Other stuff they passed and were signed, I do agree that the one he vetoed is worse.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/arkansas-governor-signs-bill-allowing-medical-workers-to-refuse-treatment-to-lgbtq-people

I was more shocked at the language he used.

The bill he did sign, allowing health care workers to refuse to treat someone they deem lgtbq, is abhorrent. However, it has zero chance in holding up in court. He mentioned the bill he vetoed having an adverse effect on the metal health of children but he signs this bill risking the physical and mental health of kids and adults. It's weird.