Author Topic: Why Garland is a good choice  (Read 5619 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Why Garland is a good choice
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 01:04:20 PM »
What is crazy is assuming that having 9 people on the supreme court for the better part of 230 years was a coincidence and unintentional.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2016, 01:15:12 PM »
What is crazy is assuming that having 9 people on the supreme court for the better part of 230 years was a coincidence and unintentional.

You should get on wiki
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 01:19:00 PM »

You should get on wiki

Excuse me, 147 years.  Seems like an act was passed about that being the number too.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 01:41:48 PM »

You should get on wiki

Excuse me, 147 years.  Seems like an act was passed about that being the number too.
yeah when people stopped dying at 60 it kinda screwed things up.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 02:21:41 PM »
 :lol: 

Facts and Sedition should be the new name of this board.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 02:26:52 PM »

what's it feel like to know, that deep down inside, everything you hold dear politically is a rough ridin' lie?
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 02:29:41 PM »
Charging everyone who disagrees with you and anyone who advocates on behalf of their constituency against the presidents whims with Sedition, makes McCarthyism seem reasonable.

It's very clear that Congress sets the number of judges and must consent to anone appointed. Your improper use of the word precedent doesn't change that, nor does you utter ignorance of history.

You people are rough ridin' crazy

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 02:30:12 PM »

what's it feel like to know, that deep down inside, everything you hold dear politically is a rough ridin' lie?

Rhetorical?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 02:34:09 PM »
I haven't even taken a political position here. Just pointed out that the Senate has no obligation to do anything it doesn't want to.

You're the one accusing people of sedition.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 03:18:15 PM »
Charging everyone who disagrees with you and anyone who advocates on behalf of their constituency against the presidents whims with Sedition, makes McCarthyism seem reasonable.

It's very clear that Congress sets the number of judges and must consent to anone appointed. Your improper use of the word precedent doesn't change that, nor does you utter ignorance of history.

Except this isn't occurring in your fantasy vacuum.  This is a concerted effort on your party's part to destroy the basic moorings of the NLRB.  It's your party damaging the district courts to an unprecedented level.  It's your party objecting to their constitutional duties under a bullshit excuse to prevent Obama from moving this country forward.  You have ZERO historical examples of this occurring before but the logical side has many examples of a nominee being put through.  Once again, everything you're spewing, is an utter lie.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 03:18:56 PM »
4-4 vote today by the SCOTUS.  an extra justice would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 03:19:31 PM »
I haven't even taken a political position here. Just pointed out that the Senate has no obligation to do anything it doesn't want to.

Wrong again.  It has an obligation to consider the nominee, it has no obligation to rubber stamp said nominee.  They are refusing to do that basic responsibility for the only purpose of hurting the good functioning of the government.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 03:39:22 PM »

I dunno. A tie means the lower court's decision stands. Kind of makes sense to lean that way and doesn't really harm the legitimacy of the decision IMO.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 03:49:09 PM »

I dunno. A tie means the lower court's decision stands. Kind of makes sense to lean that way and doesn't really harm the legitimacy of the decision IMO.

Irony is that it helps the unions and this guy could have probably been the 5th to hurt the unions.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 05:38:29 PM »

Except this isn't occurring in your fantasy vacuum.  This is a concerted effort on your party's part to destroy the basic moorings of the NLRB.  It's your party damaging the district courts to an unprecedented level.  It's your party objecting to their constitutional duties under a bullshit excuse to prevent Obama from moving this country forward.  You have ZERO historical examples of this occurring before but the logical side has many examples of a nominee being put through.  Once again, everything you're spewing, is an utter lie.

What is your foundation for these accusations? This is so crazy

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 05:39:29 PM »

Wrong again.  It has an obligation to consider the nominee, it has no obligation to rubber stamp said nominee.  They are refusing to do that basic responsibility for the only purpose of hurting the good functioning of the government.

Okay, edna.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 05:43:51 PM »

Irony is that it helps the unions and this guy could have probably been the 5th to hurt the unions.

FYI, the outcome is that people who don't want to be a part of a labor union and disagree with everything the union does are required to donate money to the union so the money can be donated to Democrat interests. This is the "justice" of Edna's "logical" party. Pathetic

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2016, 05:45:10 PM »
Let's talk about what a horrible concerted and partisan effort that embarrassment of a case is. In any other context it's racqueteering

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2016, 06:08:41 PM »
The partisan part is if unions supported republicans your feelings on them would be completely opposite
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2016, 06:19:20 PM »

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2016, 06:32:17 PM »
President Oballah is using Ali's old rope the dopes move.  He has had a long talk with Garland and knows he is an obamawater drinker.  Now dumbass Senators from the inbred dcpublicians are falling for the rope a.dope.  Wang.  Obama will hit them in the chops.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2016, 07:49:38 PM »
I'm a little confused what the libtards like about this guy, other than the Senate hasn't taken him up for consideration. The article posted basically says he has no known views on social issues, which you'd think would make him a bigot until he officially toes the crazy line with them

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2016, 01:21:07 AM »

if you don't know about any of these examples you're a low information voter and it's a shame your vote counts the same as mine.  I mean these examples have spurred recent Supreme Court decisions.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2016, 01:22:48 AM »

FYI, the outcome is that people who don't want to be a part of a labor union and disagree with everything the union does are required to donate money to the union so the money can be donated to Democrat interests. This is the "justice" of Edna's "logical" party. Pathetic
quote me where I said anything voicing support for the party or unions pertaining to this case.  On wait, you can't because it's another one of your strawman lies.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »

if you don't know about any of these examples you're a low information voter and it's a shame your vote counts the same as mine.  I mean these examples have spurred recent Supreme Court decisions.

You've accused me of numerous things without any foundation. I'm not sure what specific supreme Court rulings have to do with confirming this garland guy (probably a "strawman"), but you are so "incoherent" it's difficult to see the trees through your streaming flow of consciousness.