Author Topic: Cars.... How far have you went before getting a new one?  (Read 97911 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Cars.... How far have you went before getting a new one?
« Reply #1551 on: March 01, 2024, 09:26:09 AM »
I have a 2019 Tesla that has under 30k miles on it. Working from home so I drive like 1 mile per day mostly. I'm hoping it last another 5 or so and it will be my kids first car, but we will see. I was hoping it would just be driving them around itself by the time my kids could drive but Elon went bonkers and bought twitter instead.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: March 01, 2024, 10:22:02 AM »
Do any of you auto aficionados have any experience with the Chevy Traverse?  Mrs Schreds is looking at buying one.
My sister in law has one and she likes it. I had one as a rental last year and it drove nice. I’d probably buy one if I needed that kind of sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know a couple people who lease the Buick version every couple years religiously.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 01, 2024, 10:46:16 AM »
I have a 2019 Tesla that has under 30k miles on it. Working from home so I drive like 1 mile per day mostly. I'm hoping it last another 5 or so and it will be my kids first car, but we will see. I was hoping it would just be driving them around itself by the time my kids could drive but Elon went bonkers and bought twitter instead.

Yeah, I have a 2018 and while I finally got the heat replaced here in Canadia, having it go out really soured me even more beyond just ol Musk. I really want to see what the Ford T3 is, or if they'll make like an electric Maverick. Or I'll go with a Kia EV6/similar. With Tesla opening up their supercharger network/winning the NACS vs CCS, while a great move for everyone, also to me takes the last sort of advantage they had. And that is with their Highland Model 3 getting actually good reviews on build quality/drive quality improvements. I'll almost certainly be going elsewhere when I make the change (2025 or 2026).
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: March 01, 2024, 10:48:33 AM »

Yeah, I have a 2018 and while I finally got the heat replaced here in Canadia, having it go out really soured me even more beyond just ol Musk. I really want to see what the Ford T3 is, or if they'll make like an electric Maverick. Or I'll go with a Kia EV6/similar. With Tesla opening up their supercharger network/winning the NACS vs CCS, while a great move for everyone, also to me takes the last sort of advantage they had. And that is with their Highland Model 3 getting actually good reviews on build quality/drive quality improvements. I'll almost certainly be going elsewhere when I make the change (2025 or 2026).

I will also say though, their service center in Saskatoon kicked ass on helping me with getting the heat fixed, I am very appreciative of them.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 01, 2024, 10:50:50 AM »
This is timely.  Oldest just turned 16.  He’s busy enough with practices and work that we’re sick of driving him around.  What do we get?  Preferably something good enough to last him through college or to pass down to two other kids.  But he’s probably going to wreck the thing so nothing super nice.  Just an old Toyota I guess.  He’ll hate it.

Just get a used camry or corolla and it will last him through college. A bonus is that you don't have to worry about him trying to race his classmates or driving like a fool because.... well he's driving a camry or corolla.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: March 01, 2024, 11:33:43 AM »
if I was going to buy an EV it would be a Lucid, tesla doesn’t have the luxury feel that my ass desires

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 01, 2024, 11:40:43 AM »
if I was going to buy an EV it would be a Lucid, tesla doesn’t have the luxury feel that my ass desires

Were ... Were ...

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 01, 2024, 12:07:15 PM »

I will also say though, their service center in Saskatoon kicked ass on helping me with getting the heat fixed, I am very appreciative of them.

I'll prob look elsewhere as well, but I don't have any complaints with my car outside of the jinx I just gave myself. I'd love to go Rivian, but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a vehicle. I'm def staying EV so it will just depend on what else is out there. The main appeal to Tesla for me was that they built a normal/good looking car as opposed to the other companies that think an EV needs to look like my kid designed it from a lego set or a sci fi movie. I'm convinced none of the other companies want to sell them so they put out these shitty looking things only to say they tried. Just make a normal looking EV you dumbasses!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 01, 2024, 01:09:39 PM »

Were ... Were ...

guess what? sometimes english is wrong, and this is one of those times. no judgement from me.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: March 01, 2024, 02:44:04 PM »
1990 Thunderbird Super Coupe

mopar's answer to the legendary 1990 Thunderbird Super Coupe is the 1990 Chrysler's TC by Maserati (it's important to say it that way)

check out the mileage on this hot rod

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1131452074649396/

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: March 01, 2024, 03:18:33 PM »

I'll prob look elsewhere as well, but I don't have any complaints with my car outside of the jinx I just gave myself. I'd love to go Rivian, but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a vehicle. I'm def staying EV so it will just depend on what else is out there. The main appeal to Tesla for me was that they built a normal/good looking car as opposed to the other companies that think an EV needs to look like my kid designed it from a lego set or a sci fi movie. I'm convinced none of the other companies want to sell them so they put out these shitty looking things only to say they tried. Just make a normal looking EV you dumbasses!

cosigned

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: March 01, 2024, 04:46:26 PM »

cosigned

Always going to look a little wonky, because they lack a traditional grill

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: March 01, 2024, 08:10:58 PM »
I plan to buy lil sd a wrangler when he turns 16. because I deserved one at that age and got completely mumped out of it by my bad person parents. Golden rule like the Bible says.

The Wrangler kid is both loved and hated.

Reminds me that I bought my son an '88 Jeep Comanche in 1999 and he loved it.  I bought my daughter a '02 Kia Sportage in 2004 and she thought it was something gays drove. LOL
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: March 01, 2024, 08:19:57 PM »

Words to the wise...don't let your ass decide what your mind will fight you over as time passes.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: March 01, 2024, 09:51:56 PM »
I plan to buy lil sd a wrangler when he turns 16. because I deserved one at that age and got completely mumped out of it by my bad person parents. Golden rule like the Bible says.

The Wrangler kid is both loved and hated.

Reminds me that I bought my son an '88 Jeep Comanche in 1999 and he loved it.  I bought my daughter a '02 Kia Sportage in 2004 and she thought it was something gays drove. LOL
Katdaddy…..I’ll allow it

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: March 02, 2024, 09:28:59 AM »
1990 Thunderbird Super Coupe

mopar's answer to the legendary 1990 Thunderbird Super Coupe is the 1990 Chrysler's TC by Maserati (it's important to say it that way)

check out the mileage on this hot rod

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1131452074649396/

That interior is amazing.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: March 02, 2024, 10:10:19 AM »

cosigned

I'm going to pretend we're not counting cybertruck in all of this.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: March 08, 2024, 09:02:51 AM »
Rivian R2 just announced for 2026. I might put an order in. 2 more years on my 2019 Tesla and closer to battery warranty. I'll most likely still have very low mileage so who knows if i'll pull the trigger. They look pretty sweet though.

https://rivian.com/r2

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: March 08, 2024, 09:22:59 AM »
Rivian R2 just announced for 2026. I might put an order in. 2 more years on my 2019 Tesla and closer to battery warranty. I'll most likely still have very low mileage so who knows if i'll pull the trigger. They look pretty sweet though.

can’t get past the headlights

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: March 08, 2024, 09:30:28 AM »
Looks like they use the same marketing and design team as Apple. Just put a lower case i in front of Rivian

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: March 08, 2024, 09:49:35 AM »
Very cool tech. Still likely going to buy a hybrid until they can give me 5 minute charging and 800 mile range.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: March 08, 2024, 09:52:59 AM »

The R3 is perfect for me

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: March 08, 2024, 10:36:41 AM »
Very cool tech. Still likely going to buy a hybrid until they can give me 5 minute charging and 800 mile range.

We will just have an electric and gas until this happens. The charging isn't a big deal as I just plug in at home. Its a minor annoyance when traveling, but the superchargers are pretty fast. I've only done a couple longer trips that required supercharging and its never been much of an issue. A couple of times it has worked out where the hotel had free charging which absolutely rough ridin' rules.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: March 08, 2024, 10:54:04 AM »

We will just have an electric and gas until this happens. The charging isn't a big deal as I just plug in at home. Its a minor annoyance when traveling, but the superchargers are pretty fast. I've only done a couple longer trips that required supercharging and its never been much of an issue. A couple of times it has worked out where the hotel had free charging which absolutely rough ridin' rules.
It’s definitely the right thing for the planet.