Author Topic: Cars.... How far have you went before getting a new one?  (Read 95204 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Cars.... How far have you went before getting a new one?
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2017, 09:59:10 AM »
ain't no kickback :thumbs:
You got that right!  :cheers:

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2017, 09:59:48 AM »
I once owned a 93 Honda civic hatch back and I made a dumb choice and drove drunk and ended up racing down vattier and jumped the round about. Car sruvived. I also used to take my prelude out into my mom's field and jump the hill and whip kitties. Prelude survived. What I'm saying is that Honda makes a great product that does more than its designed to. Hating on Honda just shows you know nothing about cars. I've also owned a passport and now drive a civic. Only thing that ever happens is that the drain cap leaks.
who was hating on Hondas?  :dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2017, 10:00:31 AM »
I've went close to 300,000 miles on an old GMC truck that I drove in high school. Never had another vehicle that I felt like driving much past 100k.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »
Currently driving an 03 Impala (~200k miles) and am looking to upgrade in April. Narrowed it down to:

2017 - GMC Acadia
2017 - Cadillac XT5
2017 - Buick Enclave

I'm leaning toward the XT5 currently, but the wife is worried about the reduced seating capacity between it and the Buick/GMC.

Thoughts? Experiences?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2017, 10:02:17 AM »
Currently driving an 03 Impala (~200k miles) and am looking to upgrade in April. Narrowed it down to:

2017 - GMC Acadia
2017 - Cadillac XT5
2017 - Buick Enclave

I'm leaning toward the XT5 currently, but the wife is worried about the reduced seating capacity between it and the Buick/GMC.

Thoughts? Experiences?

How many kids are you hauling around?

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2017, 10:10:40 AM »

2017 - GMC Acadia
2017 - Cadillac XT5
2017 - Buick Enclave

Thoughts? Experiences?

How many kids are you hauling around?

None...yet

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 27, 2017, 10:11:28 AM »
I would get the Cadillac XT5, ShellShock.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:29 AM »

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 27, 2017, 10:15:30 AM »
pretty soon i'm going to trade in my M3 for an M2, very excited.  the feisty thing about it is that when i purchase the M2 i will never even have test driven one and chances are i will not have seen the vehicle i'm buying in person.  #internetofthings

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 27, 2017, 10:26:38 AM »
Someone must have scared away that Bigfoot
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 27, 2017, 11:03:28 AM »
pretty soon i'm going to trade in my M3 for an M2, very excited.  the feisty thing about it is that when i purchase the M2 i will never even have test driven one and chances are i will not have seen the vehicle i'm buying in person.  #internetofthings
how much different is the M2 vs a 335 anyways?  Isn't your M3 a V8?   I would keep that and by a daily, my neighbor just bought an off lease '14 335ix for $29k that supposedly has some dealer performance tune that puts over 400hp and doesn't effect the warranty at all. 

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2017, 11:28:58 AM »
the m2 is a very different vehicle than the e9x m3, it's basically the next generation m3.  not really comparable to the 335 in any way .  it's time to get out of the m3 while i can still get max value and before 1st round of repairs start, which on an m vehicle are $$$.  tires alone are $2k

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »
how much different is the M2 vs a 335 anyways?  Isn't your M3 a V8?   I would keep that and by a daily, my neighbor just bought an off lease '14 335ix for $29k that supposedly has some dealer performance tune that puts over 400hp and doesn't effect the warranty at all.

Dinan use to be warranty covered.  Much more effective tunes for way less money out there though. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2017, 11:34:26 AM »

If you are all :kstategrad: have you considered euro delivery?
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2017, 11:35:17 AM »
I remember watching a dude hop that roundabout but he was being chased by cops.
I was going to drive to Wamego to see a girl but chose not too and turned around. I was being an idiot.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2017, 11:37:11 AM »
I think this is the 3rd time this has been said. Congrats Wacky. :D
:thumbs: Thanks! 'Clams complimented me on my car the other day too. Feels good to get on the highway and not have to worry if your car is going to stalle during traffic or not.  :D
Yes. I drove a Mercury Zephyr for a while that didn't have reverse. It felt good to not have to deal with pushing my car out of parking spots at times. Hondas are good cars. And you're white Accord is super sweet.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2017, 11:39:01 AM »
I once owned a 93 Honda civic hatch back and I made a dumb choice and drove drunk and ended up racing down vattier and jumped the round about. Car sruvived. I also used to take my prelude out into my mom's field and jump the hill and whip kitties. Prelude survived. What I'm saying is that Honda makes a great product that does more than its designed to. Hating on Honda just shows you know nothing about cars. I've also owned a passport and now drive a civic. Only thing that ever happens is that the drain cap leaks.
who was hating on Hondas?  :dunno:
Probably no one. It was probably all in my mind. I just wanted to tell those stories. I'm trying to stop being mean to people on here when I'm unhappy. I think it was an attempt to get some anger out and also not be the bad person I've been on here lately.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2017, 11:47:49 AM »

do not want

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2017, 11:51:18 AM »

do not want

¿Por qué?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2017, 12:04:56 PM »

do not want

¿Por qué?

it's really not an option.  the model is sold out and i'm going to end up buying from a dealer with in stock inventory.  euro delivery is set up during the ordering process.  also, i'm just not that big of a car dork.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2017, 12:25:11 PM »
Let's talk about why the Q7 is the current front runner for the steve dave shitloads of kids hauler around'er and sd daily driver also.

A) three rows. I only have 2 kids (and only ever will) but sometimes have like a babysitter or family member to drive around as well.
B) 2nd row is big. less kicking my seat from this 3 year old that's the size of a massive 5 year old with long kicking legs.
C) looks cool. not like a jumbo SUV that looks like a pickup truck. more like an embiggen'd station wagon
D) has like technology out the ass and a good stereo and crap
E) feels fancy AF when you sit in it
F) built in sun shades in the second row

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2017, 12:33:43 PM »
F seems like a deal sealer to me
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2017, 12:35:50 PM »
The other day I picked up Lil Emo and we hit some sun and he very dramatically shoved his hands in his face and screamed I'M BLIND.  So ya F seems cool. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2017, 12:36:48 PM »
yep, and the after market ones suck complete ass and always fall off or something.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2017, 12:48:43 PM »
it's stuff like this that gives me a parent boner these days

Q7 and Car Seats
The Q7 gets rave reviews for its capability to hold car seats. There are complete LATCH connections on all five of the Q7's rear seats. All of the anchor attachment points are easy to locate and use. There is also plenty of room for the car seats in any seating position, without the need to slide other seats forward and take away legroom from adults sitting up front.

:love:  :drool: