Author Topic: firebrucewebernow.com  (Read 102687 times)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: firebrucewebernow.com
« Reply #1175 on: February 24, 2021, 01:10:17 PM »
Go ahead and lock this thread. FAN has spoken.

[tweet]1364455007043477504[/tweet]

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

:D

I became pretty sure oscar is going to be back last week regardless, so now I'm just going to enjoy it and find the positives. I don't do burn it down, so I'm hopping back on the oscar train (until I'm off again).
Yep. Removed my "FireBruceWeber" name from Twitter last week. Miht as well ride the rollercoaster.

I've resigned myself to the return of the mutant cockroach that feeds off the souls of purple fans. As much as I like Pack and Bradford, my expectations for next season are tempered because I think this team likes a The Flush type presence an Oscar squad needs to succeed, as well as its overall lack of shooting skill and Oscar's horrid offensive mind.

What should be the bar for next year? NCAA berth? I think AD also has to keep an eye on recruiting, especially with this year's meh class. Another so-so class and the program will bottom out again after 2024.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 24, 2021, 01:15:18 PM »
You might be the whiniest message boarder I’ve ever came a crossed. Good grief, get on some Zoloft.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 01:32:46 PM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 24, 2021, 01:31:29 PM »

https://twitter.com/ksu_FAN/status/1364455007043477504

I became pretty sure oscar is going to be back last week regardless, so now I'm just going to enjoy it and find the positives. I don't do burn it down, so I'm hopping back on the oscar train (until I'm off again).

I think you both have forgotten why we're in this place to begin with. Then realize that 2021 is likely to be another empty class.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 24, 2021, 03:10:44 PM »

https://twitter.com/ksu_FAN/status/1364455007043477504

I think you both have forgotten why we're in this place to begin with. Then realize that 2021 is likely to be another empty class.

Naw, the mess is oscar's. We'll see what happens, but I don't see the issues right now with any of these guys. I thought he'd lose this group when we absolutely sucked in January and early February, but they seem to have only bought in more as the season went along. That said, another issue could arise later this spring or this offseason and oscar could lose a key piece or two which would suck.

Also, the better play has helped, but I was gravitating back as I continued to hear more info that oscar was going to back regardless of the results this year. I can't do full burn it down anymore when it's clear that there is little chance a change is going to be made.

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 24, 2021, 03:12:36 PM »
This is what oscar does.  Just when you think it's time to burn it down and run him out of town, to quote Jason Witten, he pulls a rabbit out of his head, and you're left with a conundrum.
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 27, 2021, 11:09:08 PM »
The halftime score from the official Twitter account had no replies, the post game tweet had 3 K-State replies and 10 replies from idiotic gen z Coal Aggie kids with a different version of the really stupid " u just losed to..." meme. One of those 3 replies was from me pointing out just how apathetic the fan base has become. If they don't make a change and a really good one, next November in Bramlage will absolutely be the Octagon of Room like KU fans have been predicting for a decade now. It's stunning how few people even care enough to even give a meh.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 28, 2021, 11:53:25 AM »
Yeah, I texted a bro at half and asked if we might come in under that 39 point number and he replied he didn't know we were playing and asked who we were playing.

oscar's results are almost irrelevant at this point.  He has taken so many ass kickings and been so bad for 2 seasons that the fan base has just gotten up and walked away.  Nothing short of a phillips will bring them back.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 28, 2021, 12:18:31 PM »
This is what oscar does.  Just when you think it's time to burn it down and run him out of town, to quote Jason Witten, he pulls a rabbit out of his head, and you're left with a conundrum.

That's why I now call him the cockroach that feeds off fans' souls (TCTFOFS) for his amazing survival skills. The improvement in the last month is restricted to defense. I'll concede the staff can coach D, which made he ineptness of the first two months so puzzling. Offensely, we still suck. I had thought staff had addressed the season-long problem of sloppy ballhandling, but yesterday TOs doomed any chance of being competitive.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 28, 2021, 03:01:03 PM »
The halftime score from the official Twitter account had no replies, the post game tweet had 3 K-State replies and 10 replies from idiotic gen z Coal Aggie kids with a different version of the really stupid " u just losed to..." meme. One of those 3 replies was from me pointing out just how apathetic the fan base has become. If they don't make a change and a really good one, next November in Bramlage will absolutely be the Octagon of Room like KU fans have been predicting for a decade now. It's stunning how few people even care enough to even give a meh.

Covid has been a blessing to the AD in this respect. At least they have plausible deniability as to why there are only a small handful of people at games this year. In an alternate universe without Covid where the team’s results are the same, I doubt attendance for this season would be much different. And hoo boy would that look bad.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 02, 2021, 09:51:35 AM »
ok imho Lon is being a real d-bag right now. Like, oscar is trying to save his job and a great way to do that is with a signature win over a top 10 program and ever since the good guys took down the mighty sooners, Lon has just been like "you're not special, we're going to lose every game the rest of the way". at the end of the season OU might not even be in the top25 anymore so why does Lon hate oscar so much? i don't get it

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: March 02, 2021, 10:50:23 AM »
Because Lon’s always been a Frankite
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 02, 2021, 11:26:42 AM »
Maybe oscar had a mock funeral for Lon that we just haven't heard about.

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 03, 2021, 07:40:39 AM »
Did you guys see what Illinois did to Michigan at Ann Arbor last night? Jesus H. Christ.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 03, 2021, 08:37:28 AM »
Did you guys see what Illinois did to Michigan at Ann Arbor last night? Jesus H. Christ.

Jobu i know you're relatively new here so just to catch you up on some gE.c canon...brad underwood is an unconfident loser and its a good thing we didn't make him our head coach when we had several opportunities b/c oscar is hands down the better coach and its not close.

Offline rob mccolley

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 03, 2021, 10:17:55 AM »
Jobu has been lost in the wilderness, never having learned that the new home for profanity-laced, Illini-oriented sh¡tposting is IlliniHQ2.com.

Don't worry, I'll take him with me on my way out.

Anyway, I popped by to update you Emaws on the Brooth recovery process. People have debated, for years, how long it takes to dig a program out of a Wéber-shaped hole. Turns out it's 14 years (by one demonstrable metric). It might also be nine years after he's sh¡tcanned.

So don't fret. Brighter days are ahead.

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 03, 2021, 10:23:10 AM »

Jobu i know you're relatively new here so just to catch you up on some gE.c canon...brad underwood is an unconfident loser and its a good thing we didn't make him our head coach when we had several opportunities b/c oscar is hands down the better coach and its not close.

Haha, ok.  Works for me, I guess.

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 03, 2021, 10:27:14 AM »
Jobu has been lost in the wilderness, never having learned that the new home for profanity-laced, Illini-oriented sh¡tposting is IlliniHQ2.com.

Anyway, I popped by to update you Emaws on the Brooth recovery process. People have debated, for years, how long it takes to dig a program out of a Wéber-shaped hole. Turns out it's 14 years (by one demonstrable metric). It might also be nine years after he's sh¡tcanned.

Oh boy.  Without further cluttering up this thread, I may pop in there.  Although I'm guessing Spark is still mad at me.  I hurt him deeply.  Sensitive little bitch that he is.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 03, 2021, 09:14:03 PM »

I can't imagine how insufferable Illinois fans are when they actually accomplish something. Maybe they'll win the Big 10 tournament and act like Iowa State fans do and pretend that it's more than a three day championship.

Offline rob mccolley

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 04, 2021, 05:32:21 AM »
Why can't we be friends, Rain?

Why?

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 04, 2021, 07:49:17 AM »

I can't imagine how insufferable Illinois fans are when they actually accomplish something. Maybe they'll win the Big 10 tournament and act like Iowa State fans do and pretend that it's more than a three day championship.

I pretty much despise like 99% of Illinois fans. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 04, 2021, 10:05:50 AM »
whoa Jobu is an illini guy?  i was wondering who he was. 

oskeemawmaw my bros.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 04, 2021, 10:18:03 AM »

oskeemawmaw my bros.

I am, but I didn't come here to talk Illini.  Just here to shoot the crap and have some fun.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: March 04, 2021, 12:24:58 PM »

You certainly don't act like the ones who post here periodically after Illinois has a big win, as if anyone here cares. Don't y'all have a rival with a message board?

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: March 04, 2021, 01:12:24 PM »

You certainly don't act like the ones who post here periodically after Illinois has a big win, as if anyone here cares. Don't y'all have a rival with a message board?

Haha, I don't expect anyone here to care.  I just mentioned the win against Michigan mostly because I was shocked about it. 

As far as rivals with message boards, I suppose so.  I don't get off on going to a rival board to talk crap.  I know a lot of people do, but I'm not one of them. 

I discovered this place when oscar was making his historic transition to emaw greatness.  I have enjoyed reading over the years, and found it to be a place for interesting, if not hilarious conversation.

You will not get Illini shittalk from me on this board.  That is a promise.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1199 on: March 04, 2021, 01:14:21 PM »

oskeemawmaw my bros.
ILL
EMAW