Author Topic: firebrucewebernow.com  (Read 60235 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
Re: firebrucewebernow.com
« Reply #1125 on: February 21, 2021, 08:08:35 AM »
If they keep these Freshman intact, they’ll be fine.

I love these guys, but you do know we aren't the only team with freshmen, right? These teams aren't loaded with seniors, we will be picked 9th to start next season. Either the roster needs to be addressed, the staff needs to go, or both. This current roster isn't and staff aren't going to just pass all of these other teams up just because. The 2021 class doesn't appear to be the answer. It's also going to be nearly an impossibly to keep the group together.
According to every mbb broadcast I’ve had to sit through this year, we have the most Freshman starts/minutes in the country with the likes of Kentucky and North Carolina. Biggest difference between us and them is their guys will jump to the league. I’m just remaining optimistic because it’s the only play I have at this point. There’s zero chance they fire oscar this year.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 21, 2021, 08:14:25 AM »
I think the ceiling is the bubble for this group.   Unless they land a few instant impact transfers this group has no chance at the tournament next year.  Might sniff a bid in 2022-23 and 2023-24.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 21, 2021, 08:25:45 AM »
I think the ceiling is the bubble for this group.   Unless they land a few instant impact transfers this group has no chance at the tournament next year.  Might sniff a bid in 2022-23 and 2023-24.
They didn’t have an offseason together because of the pandemic. This take seems a bit emotional.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 21, 2021, 10:25:48 AM »
They didn’t have an offseason together because of the pandemic. This take seems a bit emotional.

Yes, but we're 3 months into a 4 month season. We know where the deficiencies are. We don't have a point guard, either a starter or reserve. We don't have shooting, and we're the worst defensive team in the league. Again, either the roster will need to get better or the coaches will need to change, otherwise the goal for year two will have to be to get to .500 which as we sit is a tall task. Barry, Dean, and Kam had an NBA player on the roster with them. None of those guys were close to the best player on the roster until Wes left.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 21, 2021, 10:34:07 AM »
Triple facts

Offline kso_FWN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 21, 2021, 10:52:27 AM »
First, I think a change is unlikely, but we'll see. I don't think the biggest donor(s) are on board right now for whatever reason.

Second, I do like the young talent, but I do think we need another piece, specifically a combo guard that can really defend. Find a mid major transfer with experience that can bring some more dawg mentality.

Third, my biggest surprise with this year is that oscar didn't lose this team and if anything they've only come together stronger as the season progressed. In January I thought this team would fall apart.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 21, 2021, 10:58:24 AM »
First, I think a change is unlikely, but we'll see. I don't think the biggest donor(s) are on board right now for whatever reason.

Second, I do like the young talent, but I do think we need another piece, specifically a combo guard that can really defend. Find a mid major transfer with experience that can bring some more dawg mentality.

Third, my biggest surprise with this year is that oscar didn't lose this team and if anything they've only come together stronger as the season progressed. In January I thought this team would fall apart.

Would AJ Bramah move the needle for next year? 

Offline kso_FWN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 21, 2021, 11:13:38 AM »

Would AJ Bramah move the needle for next year? 

I like him, but we have a logjam of 4s and 5s. IMO this team needs another tough guard. Doesn't have to be The Flush, I'd take a Larry Reid/Elliot Hatcher type.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 21, 2021, 12:12:17 PM »
If they keep these Freshman intact, they’ll be fine.

I love these guys, but you do know we aren't the only team with freshmen, right? These teams aren't loaded with seniors, we will be picked 9th to start next season. Either the roster needs to be addressed, the staff needs to go, or both. This current roster isn't and staff aren't going to just pass all of these other teams up just because. The 2021 class doesn't appear to be the answer. It's also going to be nearly an impossibly to keep the group together.
According to every mbb broadcast I’ve had to sit through this year, we have the most Freshman starts/minutes in the country with the likes of Kentucky and North Carolina. Biggest difference between us and them is their guys will jump to the league. I’m just remaining optimistic because it’s the only play I have at this point. There’s zero chance they fire oscar this year.

And why do we find o ourselves in that position? Could it be the fault of the guy on the bench who after nine years with the  program has proven he is a sadly inconsistent recruiter? And we see the same thing playing out again as one solid but by no means great recruiting year is followed by another sad effort that doesn't address needs. Yes there's still time to change that, but the top 2021 high school talent is signed and Oscar has proven inept at signing transfers to the point you have to wonder if he is ever aware of the fifth-year senior transfer rule. And as I've pointed out before, he is worse than Asbury or Wooly at finding juco talent. In his years at K-State, he has not brought in one juco player who made a significant contribution to the team.

I'm resigned that it won't happen, but it's time to pull the scab. Why go through this another season or two when we could start fresh with someone with a clue about how to build and sustain a program?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 21, 2021, 12:40:07 PM »
I can’t remember a single impactful JUCO basketball player ever. Anywhere. It’s like Mitch Richmond and scene!

Offline EMAWzifried

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 21, 2021, 01:08:13 PM »
I can’t remember a single impactful JUCO basketball player ever. Anywhere. It’s like Mitch Richmond and scene!
Maybe if you got your head out of Oscar's ass your memory would improve.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 21, 2021, 01:08:49 PM »
JR Rider?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 21, 2021, 01:09:13 PM »
darren hancock

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 21, 2021, 01:16:01 PM »
Anthony Beane was incredibly impactful for us in that he single-handedly won like 8 games in two years for us in the last 20 seconds, and some really meaningful, big upsets. @KU in ‘94, in Bramlage over the #1 or #2 Sooners, and a win over a similarly ranked Mizzou. Dude was absolute nails in the clutch. In fact Mitch called him "Mr. Clutch".
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 03:42:08 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EMAWzifried

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 21, 2021, 01:21:08 PM »
Massey, Reid, Hatcher, Williams among the wooly/Asbury juco recruits who would be the best player on this squad.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: February 21, 2021, 01:38:49 PM »
mookie

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 21, 2021, 01:39:30 PM »
larry johnson

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 21, 2021, 01:51:45 PM »
Freddy Aspriiiiilllla

Offline Chingon

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1143 on: February 21, 2021, 01:53:03 PM »
Jimmy Butler

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 21, 2021, 05:03:13 PM »
Maybe if you got your head out of Oscar's ass your memory would improve.
Wut

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 21, 2021, 05:04:44 PM »
JUCO players have like a 5% success rate at the next level. It’s weird.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 21, 2021, 08:06:45 PM »
JUCO players have like a 5% success rate at the next level. It’s weird.
Did you pull that stat out the same ass you head is up in?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 21, 2021, 08:42:42 PM »
Bro, are you ok?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 21, 2021, 09:47:23 PM »
Massey, Reid, Hatcher, Williams among the wooly/Asbury juco recruits who would be the best player on this squad.

Justin Williams?  :ROFL: lol, knock that crap off. You've gone mad.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 21, 2021, 09:50:48 PM »
EMAWZIFRED PROBABLY THINKS HE WOULD BE THE BEST PLAYER ON THIS TEAM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Except, odds are, that child will have the chance to return to Disney World while K-State fans will most likely never, ever, ever see Underwood back in Bramlage wearing purple." -Timothy Everson