Author Topic: firebrucewebernow.com  (Read 102647 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: firebrucewebernow.com
« Reply #975 on: February 07, 2021, 11:20:01 PM »
hey guys turns out weber sucks like we all knew all along
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 09, 2021, 09:36:15 AM »
i think if anything happens it will be a "he decided to retire" situation like snyder

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 09, 2021, 10:42:11 AM »
i think if anything happens it will be a "he decided to retire" situation like snyder

That's the only option after Gene's weird media spree recently.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 09, 2021, 11:20:53 AM »
kstateo: too rough ridin' polite to fire anyone

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 09, 2021, 11:21:08 AM »
I think Gene is leaving the door open to crap-can him.  "I plan for him to be back and we'll evaluate after the season" gives him plenty of opportunity to change his mind after the season.

I still think KU needs to embarrass us worse to make it happen though.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 09, 2021, 12:32:10 PM »
Isn't his contract kind of set up to fire him in the last year of it (2022)? Basically let him make a miracle this or next year, wait out some of the shortfalls in revenue then get your coach.

It's set up for him to be fired by an Athletic Department that isn't poor AF, but yes, it gets better each year like other contracts.

Also, after next season I believe Brad's buyout drops to like 4 or 5 million (LOFL)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 09, 2021, 12:36:59 PM »
I don't think the buyout is a real concern.  There is a cost associated with firing any coach and, with the exception of the first couple of years of a new contract, it's what a school can afford to pay.  I guess the variable in that is the unexpected revenue shortfalls from the pandemic.  Still, a new coach could bring a lot more excitement to next year's ticket sales.

Typically you wouldn't let a coach get into the last year of his deal because it's tough to recruit.  In our situation, we're entering into oscar's cyclical 2 year recruiting hiatus so maybe that's not a concern.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 09, 2021, 12:42:39 PM »
i think the AD would make up for his buyout with increased tickets/donations that a new coach excitement would bring

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 09, 2021, 08:19:48 PM »
kstateo: too rough ridin' polite to fire anyone

LHC Bill Snyder was clearly fired, the same will apply with oscar if he isn't the coach next year. The biggest difference is that the media will actually acknowledge that oscar was fired when they didn't work Bill because people outside of the program didn't know or care about the internal issues with the football program, all anyone knew was LHC Bill Snyder and 8 straight bowls.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 10, 2021, 10:01:17 AM »
I dunno guys, maybe we need another deep dive into Jack Hartman's coaching stats to determine if oscar sucks or not.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 10, 2021, 10:05:10 AM »
Yeah, guys. No one talk basketball or K-State basketball history so the boards can sit idle for days, please.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 10, 2021, 10:25:54 AM »
Yeah, guys. No one talk basketball or K-State basketball history so the boards can sit idle for days, please.

I'm looking ahead, not backwards.  #FightFor15

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: February 10, 2021, 01:44:27 PM »
Look at the replies to this tweet. WTF? What a world where _FAN and I seem like extremists for just acknowledging reality. Crazy how many extreme sunshine pumpers exist out there. I know I have mentioned this before but @kstateman is a plague, he's not only an extreme sunshine pumper, but he's very aggressive in his pumping.

https://twitter.com/KStateMBB/status/1359339300953985030

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 10, 2021, 02:03:28 PM »
Look at the replies to this tweet. WTF? What a world where _FAN and I seem like extremists for just acknowledging reality. Crazy how many extreme sunshine pumpers exist out there. I know I have mentioned this before but @kstateman is a plague, he's not only an extreme sunshine pumper, but he's very aggressive in his pumping.

I think most people who respond to tweets like that are going to skew toward sunshine pumping

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: February 10, 2021, 02:12:41 PM »
Where do you get the sense that there are “many” people that think he can do it again?

Go read what MIR just posted.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 10, 2021, 03:33:18 PM »
Where do you get the sense that there are “many” people that think he can do it again?

Go read what MIR just posted.

Trump and Oscar get an endless victim card with the same base.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: February 10, 2021, 03:35:01 PM »

I think Rusty is right, tweets like that tend to get extreme responses on both sides, but probably more positive. I was encouraged that the offense was good, but at the end of the day it's the 11th straight loss. Only the 3rd time that has ever happened at K-State during a season.

And LOL at Gip with the call out.

https://twitter.com/42gipsonn/status/1359377263326822400?s=20

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 10, 2021, 03:35:41 PM »

I think most people who respond to tweets like that are going to skew toward sunshine pumping

Oh for sure, but go back and look at the replies to the other game final tweets even the games we won. It's very clear that for an undefined percentage of the fan base the standard has been way lowered. People acting like we are Gallaudet playing Gonzaga, we used to beat these dudes like they stole something, SMDH.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 10, 2021, 03:38:00 PM »

I think Rusty is right, tweets like that tend to get extreme responses on both sides, but probably more positive. I was encouraged that the offense was good, but at the end of the day it's the 11th straight loss. Only the 3rd time that has ever happened at K-State during a season.

And LOL at Gip with the call out.

https://twitter.com/42gipsonn/status/1359377263326822400?s=20

Yeah, that was absolutely a clown reply. I didn't love the tweet either, but Gip's reply was idiotic. Gip has really showed his ass the last few months on twitter and I would say he has been a disappointment, but I didn't expect much of him anyway.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 10, 2021, 03:40:36 PM »

We were close at home against a team on a 3 game losing streak, what more do you want?  Sheesh.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 10, 2021, 03:55:53 PM »
We're officially the one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 10, 2021, 04:14:54 PM »
can anyone remember the weird christian basketball movie gip starred in?  (or appeared in)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: February 10, 2021, 06:05:01 PM »
can anyone remember the weird christian basketball movie gip starred in?  (or appeared in)

What now???

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: February 10, 2021, 06:08:21 PM »
We're officially the one legged man in an ass kicking contest.
K-State can’t finish its dinner. The 10 games before was like trying to jump in a car to drive for 50 miles with 4 flat tires. We stink so hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023