Author Topic: firebrucewebernow.com  (Read 102738 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: firebrucewebernow.com
« Reply #800 on: February 01, 2021, 05:16:18 PM »
Firing a coach two years after a conference championship seems highly unusual.

And I haven't seen signs of some obvious big push from boosters or anything.

It's not as unusual as finishing dead last 2 consecutive years after winning a conference championship. I will be shocked if oscar doesn't get fired. Gene has balls of steel if he doesn't fire him.

If he didn't prove he had balls when he fired Snyder, he'll never prove that. I don't think being ballsy is an issue for him.

hiring CK was ballsy, too. a lot of folks think it was the easy hire for him, but I think they just have insecurities about feeling small timey

Agreed. Not to go all wackycat here but :ROFL: at everyone who wanted to hire that dumb reddirt hick Seth LittreLL, then got mad that we hired Klieman.

Yes and yes.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 01, 2021, 07:54:32 PM »
Hey so uh.... Nigel Pack liked Ryan Blacks article tweet. I hope he doesn’t leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 01, 2021, 08:25:46 PM »
Guys!

:Chirp: :Chirp: :Chirp:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 01, 2021, 10:40:29 PM »
When it’s all said and done, oscar will go down as a below average KSU b-ball coach.

I'm sorry, but what? There is no way possible you believe that, simply no way.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 02, 2021, 12:15:15 AM »
Leaving out a bunch of pre Post-War coaches:
Gardner, Tex, Fitzsimmons, Hartman, Huggy, Frank - above average

Altman, Oscar -- average 

Wooly, Asbury - below average

If Oscar is allowed to stick around another year and things don't drastically change, you could make an argument for below average, especially when you consider where the program would be at his departure, which would be the lowest point since Asbury's firing.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 02, 2021, 02:03:19 AM »
When it’s all said and done, oscar will go down as a below average KSU b-ball coach.

I'm sorry, but what? There is no way possible you believe that, simply no way.

Who is worse than oscar? Who is better? Where does oscar tank on the list? It is closer to the bottom than to the top.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 02, 2021, 03:20:09 AM »
This is another really stupid conversation. He's 3rd in program history in wins, 6th in winning percentage, 1 of 6 with a conference championship, and 1 of 7 to be named conference coach of the year.

He and Frank are undoubtedly K-State Hall of Famers.

I don't know why some of you insist on acting like this dude's accomplishments doesn't mean anything. I mean I get it from @EMAWzifried, he's been watching K-State basketball since the Korean War. However, the rest of you dudes have been watching this program since essentially Dana Altman at the latest, we have all watched more bad basketball than good. KU football fans hold Charlie Weiss in higher regard than y'all do with oscar.

I promise that Gene isn't going to keep the dude if we're honest about his legacy on a message board.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 02, 2021, 07:36:46 AM »
He's last where it matters, in my heart.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 02, 2021, 08:01:03 AM »
This is another really stupid conversation. He's 3rd in program history in wins, 6th in winning percentage, 1 of 6 with a conference championship, and 1 of 7 to be named conference coach of the year.

He and Frank are undoubtedly K-State Hall of Famers.

I don't know why some of you insist on acting like this dude's accomplishments doesn't mean anything. I mean I get it from @EMAWzifried, he's been watching K-State basketball since the Korean War. However, the rest of you dudes have been watching this program since essentially Dana Altman at the latest, we have all watched more bad basketball than good. KU football fans hold Charlie Weiss in higher regard than y'all do with oscar.

I promise that Gene isn't going to keep the dude if we're honest about his legacy on a message board.

We suck now at a historical level, but thanks for this post MIR.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 02, 2021, 08:06:19 AM »

Lol
:adios:

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: February 02, 2021, 09:13:57 AM »
Total wins isn’t a good metric; it’s just a reflection of his longevity.  Winning percentage will probably be tied with Altman by the end of this season.  But his highs are so much higher.  He’s so hard to pin down in a ranking because of the rollercoaster of success and failure.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 02, 2021, 09:17:40 AM »
Cliff Rock is such a cool name

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 02, 2021, 09:46:33 AM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 02, 2021, 09:47:19 AM »
The game has passed him by, sad to see him refuse to adjust.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 02, 2021, 09:59:24 AM »
He just might be the best and worst coach we have ever had.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 02, 2021, 10:00:58 AM »
A Tale of Two Bruces

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 02, 2021, 10:12:05 AM »
Dr oscar and Mr oscar
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 02, 2021, 10:12:54 AM »
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't tell you off the top of my head either the winning percentage, number of conference championships, or number of good tournament runs of any K-State "greats". It's more like, "yeah, that dude won some championships and had some good tournament runs." That's all I know about any of them. And oscar absolutely fits those criteria.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 02, 2021, 10:22:15 AM »
Yep, but you could also say “yeah, that dude was awful and we sucked so bad”.  And oscar absolutely fits those criteria as well.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 02, 2021, 10:24:43 AM »
Yep, but you could also say “yeah, that dude was awful and we sucked so bad”.  And oscar absolutely fits those criteria as well.

you could do the same for Jack Hartman but no one ever does

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 02, 2021, 10:41:55 AM »

you could do the same for Jack Hartman but no one ever does

Yeah, I'm saying I would not do that. As many wouldn't.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 02, 2021, 11:06:10 AM »
Hartman had more highs and higher lows than oscar.  Was Hartman fired?  Also, I had no idea he randomly coached the women for 7 games in the 90s.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 02, 2021, 11:14:33 AM »
Hartman had more highs and higher lows than oscar.  Was Hartman fired?  Also, I had no idea he randomly coached the women for 7 games in the 90s.

He has three conference titles compared to two for oscar. Jack's elite eights were all in 32 team tournaments and just one was in his last 12 seasons. Hard to compare "lowest low" but oscar never had a 4 year stinker run like Jack had at the end.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 02, 2021, 11:24:46 AM »

He has three conference titles compared to two for oscar. Jack's elite eights were all in 32 team tournaments and just one was in his last 12 seasons. Hard to compare "lowest low" but oscar never had a 4 year stinker run like Jack had at the end.

Give him another year and oscar will lose more games in a 3 year stretch than Hartman lost in 4.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 02, 2021, 11:44:10 AM »

Hartman didn't have a conference or overall record at any point that is comparable to the last two seasons for oscar.  Hartman's longer run of down years was more like oscar's 14/15 and 15/16 seasons. 

I also don't know how much the 32 team tournament discredits the elite 8 as the difficulty of making the tournament offsets the difficulty of winning another game, imo.  As a 9 seed, oscar wouldn't have an elite 8 here or even a tournament appearance that year if it were still a 32 team tournament.