Author Topic: firebrucewebernow.com  (Read 102670 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: firebrucewebernow.com
« Reply #725 on: January 31, 2021, 09:11:18 PM »
I keep seeing this and it is my favorite out of all the contrived things to care about.

a losing conference record after nine years

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 31, 2021, 09:12:26 PM »
Conjecture. What is fact is a losing conference record after nine years and a loss to Fort rough ridin' State.
Who’s the next hire, rock star?

JFC, after nine years the team is in shambles and the dufus at the helm has no idea how to build and sustain a 50-50 program much less a winning one, and you're fearful we will do worse?

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 31, 2021, 09:18:55 PM »
I keep seeing this and it is my favorite out of all the contrived things to care about.

Contrived. BS word by an apologist for failure.
It's a legitimate benchmark, considering the pillow-soft non-conference schedules Oscar regularly treats us to.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 31, 2021, 09:20:18 PM »
So you have no idea. Go it. Also, holy crap, your anger is scary AF!

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 31, 2021, 09:24:18 PM »
Wacks you want oscar to coach the cats next year?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 31, 2021, 09:25:56 PM »
I’d bet oscar’s 2 big 12 conference championships and his elite 8 run that emawzifried has murdered someone in daylight.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 31, 2021, 09:27:31 PM »
I don’t care. Chiefs are about to win another super bowl. I’m just enjoying hypocrites right now.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 31, 2021, 09:33:12 PM »
I’d bet oszcar’s 2 big 12 conference championships and his elite 8 run that emawzifried has murdered someone in daylight.

I would try to change the subject, too, if I sucked as badly as you do at presently what is admittedly a worse argument.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 31, 2021, 09:34:38 PM »

It's a legitimate benchmark, considering the pillow-soft non-conference schedules Oscar regularly treats us to.

How many losing conference records did Snyder have once he'd been here for nine years? How many times did you think he should be fired for it?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #734 on: January 31, 2021, 09:35:44 PM »
Good old KState it's okay to suck attitude. We're just KState. We should expect back to back dumpster fire seasons. That's just who we are.

Apathy runs deep in our heritage.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: January 31, 2021, 09:37:25 PM »
I’d bet oszcar’s 2 big 12 conference championships and his elite 8 run that emawzifried has murdered someone in daylight.

I would try to change the subject, too, if I sucked as badly as you do at presently what is admittedly a worse argument.
:ROFL: Just admit you were losing your goddamn mind during those years. You don’t give a damn about K-State hoops.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 31, 2021, 09:38:08 PM »
Good old KState it's okay to suck attitude. We're just KState. We should expect back to back dumpster fire seasons. That's just who we are.

Apathy runs deep in our heritage.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
This isn’t happening here.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 31, 2021, 09:54:26 PM »

How many losing conference records did Snyder have once he'd been here for nine years? How many times did you think he should be fired for it?

3. And hot take here but the ‘88 football program Snyder took over was in much worse shape than the ‘11 basketball program oscar took over. Also after 9 years his teams were consistently improving. Chum I assume you’re being facetious and I’m just not picking up on it bc this is otherwise a monumentally stupid comparison

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 31, 2021, 10:05:09 PM »

3. And hot take here but the ‘88 football program Snyder took over was in much worse shape than the ‘11 basketball program oscar took over. Also after 9 years his teams were consistently improving. Chum I assume you’re being facetious and I’m just not picking up on it bc this is otherwise a monumentally stupid comparison
lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 31, 2021, 10:05:33 PM »
Why is gene talking?

I don't know but for the first time since he's been here I think he's behaving as if he's over his head. I thought he also talked too much about the Stanford game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 31, 2021, 10:07:04 PM »
The article was worse than the tweet. I'm not going to freak out about this yet, I'm going to wait until May 2 before I truly lose my crap. What I am pissed about is he using COVID as an excuse for oscar and himself from not doing his job. I will once again reiterate that he has the money to let oscar go, he has enough rubes to buy that excuse to buy him time.

Gene is going to retire oscar like he did Snyder.  No way he is back next year.

It blows my mind that people think Gene is afraid to can oscar after the way he took care of Bill

I think for the most part it's a defense mechanism to protect from another "KITN" as some of these people are fond of saying.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 31, 2021, 10:07:12 PM »

No, the idea that a coach shouldn't have a bad season after they've been around long enough to have things figured out is rough ridin' stupid.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 31, 2021, 10:12:00 PM »
People lose all rationale when it comes to oscar. 90% of the fan base never wanted him and never accepted him from day 1. History shows he’s the 3rd winningest coach in program history, so since they never wanted him, they just brake down his faults. I’m actually happy we have an administration that tries to think through things and not obey to social media dorks who can barely run their own daily head quarters.

That simply isn't true, not even a little bit. I will grant you that some people are irrational about oscar and the root of it is the overwhelming want to be right, even though that ship has sailed. However, your propensity to dismiss any oscar criticism at all is just as extreme. 99% of K-State basketball fans fall somewhere between the continuum of you and trim, but you treat everyone like they're a shitty fan for not wanting to deal with this catastrophe anymore.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 31, 2021, 10:14:59 PM »
Why is gene talking?

I don't know but for the first time since he's been here I think he's behaving as if he's over his head. I thought he also talked too much about the Stanford game.

I can't think of any good that could've come from him even being in a position to be asked things this weekend.  And nobody was even clamoring to hear from him anyway.  It's not like people are going to not buy tickets to the fOOD the rest of the season if they don't hear things they want to hear from him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 31, 2021, 10:16:46 PM »
I don’t care. Chiefs are about to win another super bowl. I’m just enjoying hypocrites right now.

No one, and I literally mean no one, other than that Illinois fan I cursed out, is being hypocritical about any of this, like nothing that can even be misinterpreted as hypocrisy..

This is the Alanis Morisette Ironic of all message board posts.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 31, 2021, 10:22:44 PM »

No one, and I literally mean no one, other than that Illinois fan I cursed out, is being hypocritical about any of this, like nothing that can even be misinterpreted as hypocrisy..

People lose all rationale when it comes to oscar. 90% of the fan base never wanted him and never accepted him from day 1. History shows he’s the 3rd winningest coach in program history, so since they never wanted him, they just brake down his faults. I’m actually happy we have an administration that tries to think through things and not obey to social media dorks who can barely run their own daily head quarters.

That simply isn't true, not even a little bit. I will grant you that some people are irrational about oscar and the root of it is the overwhelming want to be right, even though that ship has sailed. However, your propensity to dismiss any oscar criticism at all is just as extreme. 99% of K-State basketball fans fall somewhere between the continuum of you and trim, but you treat everyone like they're a shitty fan for not wanting to deal with this catastrophe anymore.
lol. Jesus Christ. That’s for proving my point. 😂

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 31, 2021, 10:23:30 PM »
Why is gene talking?

I can't think of any good that could've come from him even being in a position to be asked things this weekend.  And nobody was even clamoring to hear from him anyway.  It's not like people are going to not buy tickets to the fOOD the rest of the season if they don't hear things they want to hear from him.

I was stunned that he gave one on the record interviews, but two! Holy crap! He'll probably be on with John Kurtz tomorrow as well, so it will likely be 3 interviews in just over 24 hours.

There are only two reasons I can think of and they're both really bad reasons to go out stammering without solid talking points.

1. His boss asked him to try to lower the temperature. Of course this does the exact opposite.
2. Despite him saying most donors are not getting involved, which btw is literally the case everywhere, some are absolutely losing their crap behind the scenes and he panicked.

Like I said either way, it's a bad look and while I'll always take athletic directors going on the record, for his sake he needs to limit his visibility to his ask the ad videos for a long while.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 31, 2021, 10:24:55 PM »

lol. Jesus Christ. That’s for proving my point. 😂

If you think people are being hypocritical I'm not going to even pretend I have a solitary clue as to what your point is.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 31, 2021, 10:26:25 PM »
Go to bed, MIR, JFC! I honestly don’t care.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 08:13:00 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 31, 2021, 10:29:12 PM »
Why is gene talking?

I was stunned that he gave one on the record interviews, but two! Holy crap! He'll probably be on with John Kurtz tomorrow as well, so it will likely be 3 interviews in just over 24 hours.

There are only two reasons I can think of and they're both really bad reasons to go out stammering without solid talking points.

1. His boss asked him to try to lower the temperature. Of course this does the exact opposite.
2. Despite him saying most donors are not getting involved, which btw is literally the case everywhere, some are absolutely losing their crap behind the scenes and he panicked.

Like I said either way, it's a bad look and while I'll always take athletic directors going on the record, for his sake he needs to limit his visibility to his ask the ad videos for a long while.

Yup.