Author Topic: firebrucewebernow.com  (Read 102685 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: firebrucewebernow.com
« Reply #675 on: January 29, 2021, 01:15:57 PM »
Buyouts are often reflective of what a school can afford and they are almost always done in installments.

Before Gene up'd Bill's buyout a year before buying him out. Bill's was 28 quarterly payments of $72k and I found that hilarious.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 29, 2021, 02:05:49 PM »
if brents or yeast find anything out about this, do they re-enter the portal?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 29, 2021, 02:08:22 PM »
If those dudes are smart, they already have one foot out the portal.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 29, 2021, 02:10:20 PM »
i’m pretty sure that they have both feet in the portal and outside of the portal as we speak but i’ll talk to some people about it who would know and report back

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 29, 2021, 02:35:35 PM »
It had occurred to me the cockroach Oscar was stinking it up so bad this year with the goal of lowering expectations next year, but this disaster of a season seems to have moved the ball into new territory. I can't imagine anyone supporting keeping the cockroach around if either Pack or Bradford transfers. Bradford transferring to Missouri or Illinois makes so much sense I can't imagine him not taking advantage of one of the opportunities.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 29, 2021, 02:39:49 PM »
It had occurred to me the cockroach Oscar was stinking it up so bad this year with the goal of lowering expectations next year, but this disaster of a season seems to have moved the ball into new territory. I can't imagine anyone supporting keeping the cockroach around if either Pack or Bradford transfers. Bradford transferring to Missouri or Illinois makes so much sense I can't imagine him not taking advantage of one of the opportunities.
Yeah, Bradford has potential for a professional career at the next level. I'm sure he'd all be for sitting out a year during that process. Makes sense.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 29, 2021, 10:13:21 PM »
Yeah, Bradford has potential for a professional career at the next level. I'm sure he'd all be for sitting out a year during that process. Makes sense.

No one is sitting out anymore. Something, something, something, Covid, you're eligible.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 29, 2021, 10:41:50 PM »

No one is sitting out anymore. Something, something, something, Covid, you're eligible.

Correct. This year there are no transfer penalties. As for beyond this year, there is legislation in the works at the NCAA to permanently get rid of the transfer penalty. There are only like 4 or 5 sports that have the penalty anyway. Also very few schools contest the waivers anymore, anyway.

Losing any of those freshmen would be devastating.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #684 on: January 30, 2021, 05:10:36 AM »
Ya. We're stuck.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 30, 2021, 11:17:48 AM »
I thought the transfer rule was just for fall sports so far.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 30, 2021, 12:50:25 PM »

Correct. This year there are no transfer penalties. As for beyond this year, there is legislation in the works at the NCAA to permanently get rid of the transfer penalty. There are only like 4 or 5 sports that have the penalty anyway. Also very few schools contest the waivers anymore, anyway.

Players still have to sit out a year. Grad transfers and those with extenuating circumstances being the exception.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 30, 2021, 01:13:59 PM »

Players still have to sit out a year. Grad transfers and those with extenuating circumstances being the exception.

How did Caleb Grill go from Iowa State to UNLV and not sit out a year?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 30, 2021, 01:50:07 PM »
The same way Yor Anei is now playing for SMU after leaving OKST last spring. The NCAA isn't going to play slave master to young adults anymore.

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 30, 2021, 02:22:33 PM »

Pretty sure that was a one time deal. Allowing players currently sitting out to play immediately, primarily impacting hoops.

"In order to qualify, players will have needed to be enrolled in their new school by the fall semester and this has to be their first time transferring to a four-year institution."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2922781-ncaa-grants-waiver-to-provide-transfers-with-immediate-eligibility-amid-covid-19

To MIRs point, the NCAA met this month but ultimately punted the decision on both player compensation and 1 time transfer. Both are probably inevitable though.

"They also delayed a vote that would loosen restrictions on transfer rules for athletes in some of the association's most popular sports -- including football and basketball."

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/30694073/sources-ncaa-delays-vote-change-college-athlete-compensation-rules

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: January 30, 2021, 02:33:53 PM »

He received a waiver from the NCAA.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 30, 2021, 03:59:22 PM »

Which everyone gets. Long story short is that none of these freshmen will have to sit out if they transfer.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 30, 2021, 04:14:09 PM »
That game was discouraging. Nijel was a stud, and I'm happy to see that I might have been wrong about Antonio, he's been really good. That Texas A&M team was hot garbage, total trash. Mike continues to be terrible and there are a lot of things you can point to that shows coaching is holding this team back. One possession game, less than a minute left, K-State breaks aggy's token pressure, Selton gets the ball at the top of the key on a 3-on-2 situation and he doesn't even look to drive to get a score, he pulls it out, allows the defense to recover and we miss a shot. Game Over.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #693 on: January 30, 2021, 04:15:40 PM »
Is oscar fired yet?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 30, 2021, 04:23:50 PM »
Is oscar fired yet?

Yes but it won’t be announced until end of season

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 30, 2021, 04:27:46 PM »

Which everyone gets. Long story short is that none of these freshmen will have to sit out if they transfer.

Based on what I've read about football transfers, that shouldn't be assumed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 30, 2021, 05:45:51 PM »

Based on what I've read about football transfers, that shouldn't be assumed.

I don't know who said it didn't but the one time waiver rule definitely passed.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-grants-waiver-allow-transfer-student-athletes-compete-immediately

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 30, 2021, 05:47:49 PM »
Is oscar fired yet?

I think waiting to let him go is a mistake. They need to find a coach asap so the new coach can get to work recruiting the freshmen to stay.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 30, 2021, 05:48:36 PM »
The same way Yor Anei is now playing for SMU after leaving OKST last spring. The NCAA isn't going to play slave master to young adults anymore.
It has to be ok’d by the previous team. It has nothing to do with the NCAA. It’s still a year to sit out as of right now.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 06:22:04 PM by 420seriouscat69 »

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 30, 2021, 05:57:24 PM »
Is oscar fired yet?

I think waiting to let him go is a mistake. They need to find a coach asap so the new coach can get to work recruiting the freshmen to stay.

I hope that is happening behind the scenes in conjunction with the forced retirement negotiations