Author Topic: firebrucewebernow.com  (Read 102651 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: firebrucewebernow.com
« Reply #275 on: March 11, 2016, 09:12:20 PM »
:horrorsurprise:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2016, 10:25:06 PM »
What's the scoop?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 11, 2016, 10:47:24 PM »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 11, 2016, 10:49:05 PM »
:pray:
:adios:

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 12, 2016, 12:14:45 AM »
 :crossfingers:

Offline gE_Temp

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 12, 2016, 12:18:37 AM »
:bwpopcorn:

Can I help you? What can I pass along that the site creator hasn't already created, that the map proprietor hasn't begun in 4+ years?

Inside knowledge confirms everything before this minor update was created in a night after leaving the bars. What map progress do we have?

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 12, 2016, 02:22:08 AM »
kick his ass gE_Temp

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 12, 2016, 08:47:46 AM »
Classic The Big Temp

The Big Train

« Reply #283 on: March 12, 2016, 09:01:03 AM »
 :confused:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 12, 2016, 10:36:03 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 12, 2016, 10:39:26 AM »
Road, neutral, and overall wins on the upswing! :ksu:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 12, 2016, 10:41:41 AM »
Road, neutral, and overall wins on the upswing! :ksu:

Doubled last year's totals in a couple of those categories!

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 12, 2016, 12:15:57 PM »
This page http://www.firebrucewebernow.com/about.html is very strange. "WHAT THEY WANT IS FAILURE, AND NOTHING WILL STAND IN THEIR WAY"

Hiring a coach you thought could win but doesn't -- it happens at least once to virtually every AD in America. Currie has fired staff/coaches before, he will do so with oscar if/when needed. Keeping a losing coach looks worse than firing one you hired. Why on earth would an AD want failure?

Personal opinion: assuming Weber returns in 2016-17, if he doesn't make ncaa tourney, Weber will be gone.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 12, 2016, 12:21:20 PM »
Personal opinion: assuming Weber returns in 2016-17, if he doesn't make ncaa tourney, Weber will be gone.

Why would he be gone? What if he makes the NIT? Why is 5 years the magic number?

You know now that he cannot recruit to the level of a P5 conference and he cannot manage talent and he makes ridiculous excuses when he loses.

Just do it now.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 12, 2016, 12:26:28 PM »
This page http://www.firebrucewebernow.com/about.html is very strange. "WHAT THEY WANT IS FAILURE, AND NOTHING WILL STAND IN THEIR WAY"

Hiring a coach you thought could win but doesn't -- it happens at least once to virtually every AD in America. Currie has fired staff/coaches before, he will do so with oscar if/when needed. Keeping a losing coach looks worse than firing one you hired. Why on earth would an AD want failure?

Personal opinion:  Currie knew Weber would not win long term here.  Didn't think he would be around to deal with it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 12, 2016, 12:26:38 PM »

I don't think keeping oscar would mean Currie is "wanting failure" to him, it means oscar has met his expectations. Nothing about oscar's performance thus far should be a surprise to anyone, ESPECIALLY Currie.

Of course, to a fan, Currie's expectations could be considered "failure".

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 12, 2016, 12:44:23 PM »

I don't think keeping oscar would mean Currie is "wanting failure" to him, it means oscar has met his expectations. Nothing about oscar's performance thus far should be a surprise to anyone, ESPECIALLY Currie.

I don't agree that retaining weber for next year means he has met Currie's expectations. And I also disagree with your underlying premise that Currie is ok with mediocre basketball. If that was so, weber would return after next season regardless of postseason -- and I don't think that's the case.

I think Currie expected weber to win. You can argue whether that was wise. I don't think it's reasonable to believe that he expected mediocrity or is ok with it. Every AD wants to win. The best thing for Currie's image would be to have a coach he hired do well. To think he wants anything other than that doesn't really fit into the other narrative that he's an egomaniac.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 12, 2016, 12:52:01 PM »

I don't agree that retaining weber for next year means he has met Currie's expectations. And I also disagree with your underlying premise that Currie is ok with mediocre basketball. If that was so, weber would return after next season regardless of postseason -- and I don't think that's the case.

I think Currie expected weber to win. You can argue whether that was wise. I don't think it's reasonable to believe that he expected mediocrity or is ok with it. Every AD wants to win. The best thing for Currie's image would be to have a coach he hired do well. To think he wants anything other than that doesn't really fit into the other narrative that he's an egomaniac.

I don't think he WANTS to fail, but when we had Frank, and he tried to dismiss Curtis Kelly, then the whole Jamar thing, then running off Frank, it became clear to the fans winning is not what is valued most in a coach. What K-State has sold the past few years is "Family" and "The K-State Way" and "Doing thing THE RIGHT WAY" etc. I'm sure a win is viewed more positively than a loss, but the message I received as a fan is we'd rather lose the oscar way than win the Frank way.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 12, 2016, 12:52:23 PM »
But there is an agenda to which gE must adhere.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 12, 2016, 12:55:07 PM »
New KSU coaches will be hired by a guy that wants to win and thus he hired oscar weber and expected oscar weber to win.  Good luck with all that.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 12, 2016, 01:01:54 PM »
:bwpopcorn:

Can I help you? What can I pass along that the site creator hasn't already created, that the map proprietor hasn't begun in 4+ years?

Inside knowledge confirms everything before this minor update was created in a night after leaving the bars. What map progress do we have?

this was awfully rude

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2016, 01:08:43 PM »
the message I received as a fan is we'd rather lose the oscar way than win the Frank way.

Currie's order of preference in my mind:

1. Win weber way
2. Win Frank way
3. Lose weber way
4. Lose frank way

I think Currie would rather win the "right" way, whatever that means to him -- he'd rather win and play by the rules. He thought he could get that with Weber, and I suppose it is still possible. But if/when it doesn't work out he'll find another guy.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2016, 01:16:35 PM »
Wow. Some common sense.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 12, 2016, 01:17:03 PM »
CF3 sees things similarly to how I do.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 12, 2016, 01:19:43 PM »
CF3 sees things similarly to how I do.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)
Yep.  Trying to be some squeaky clean program on a pedestal seems very unreasonable given what college sports appear to be.