Author Topic: firebrucewebernow.com  (Read 102683 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: firebrucewebernow.com
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2016, 01:36:47 PM »
does brad pass the ever important personality test?  he looked hungover drunk most of the time he was on our bench. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2016, 01:37:01 PM »
Are we sure that Brad can win with his own players!?!?

Two of his starters and his leading scorer ARE holdovers.

However

He also starts a freshman and a sophomore (which I think is pretty rare for good teams at that level. Although I don't know this for sure because I have never paid attention to a team at that level)

I'm pretty sure that means he can only win with other coaches' players.

we may not know for another 4 years.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2016, 01:56:14 PM »
Brad may be an unknown as far as winning with his own players but we know oscar can't.  I don't think Brad is the incredible Huggs level hire I would dream of, but he provides a high floor if we go on a coaching search.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2016, 02:14:43 PM »
does brad pass the ever important personality test?  he looked hungover drunk most of the time he was on our bench.
That's a passing grade, imo
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2016, 02:20:52 PM »

i didn't say it was a bad thing  :cool:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline GBEMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2016, 02:22:26 PM »

i didn't say it was a bad thing  :cool:
agreed, that is a feature, not a bug.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #156 on: March 02, 2016, 02:23:07 PM »
He was 62-60 in 4 seasons at Dodge City.

additional data often tends to be complicating.  i wish i hadn't been made aware of this.

First season was horrible, second was meh, last couple seasons were pretty good and filled with a lot of MCMW.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 02, 2016, 03:02:19 PM »

I would question your data proving fans are increasingly disgruntled. The strong majority of feedback to the three things you mentioned has been positive. The intent behind all three would be pretty hard to argue with. Execution, esp in sportsmanship, could be better. But not sure why trying to get people to not chant eff is a fireable offense.
I think the decline in actual attendance at the same time new partial ticket packages and promotions have become available is a sign of gruntling.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 02, 2016, 03:21:50 PM »
K-State fb was ranked in the top 10 just over 14 months ago. They have been to six straight bowl games. I would disagree that they are irrelevant or a bottom feeder. They struggled last year by Snyder standards. Might struggle again this year, who knows. Not sure why this is Currie's fault.

K-State mbb has struggled last two years. No argument. BW is Currie's hire.

I would question your data proving fans are increasingly disgruntled. The strong majority of feedback to the three things you mentioned has been positive. The intent behind all three would be pretty hard to argue with. Execution, esp in sportsmanship, could be better. But not sure why trying to get people to not chant eff is a fireable offense.

Sorry to circle back to this, but I wonder if this speaks to a disconnect in the ADs office and what the fans are actually thinking. 

Sportsmanship initiatives are roundly hated by fans right now with the exception of "kids shouldn't chant the F-word."  But the vast majority are pissed that we kowtowed to no one, almost looking like we ran around with 5k trying to find someone to fine us, in particular about the Enterprise, nothing has been received well about that. To make that worse the admin then said it was because of displaying another school's mascot? People are pissed that we've taken such a hard stance on court storming, especially the multiple threats to students with legal consequences, and the poor PR stunts (video).  I mean random tool bags on GoPo started wild rumors about wanting to storm if they beat KU to stick it to the Admin because of how far things went. The best neutral you have is bag reaction which many are not happy with, especially people like North Endzoners who feel betrayed about the space claims who got so much less room.

The pulse the athletics department is wildly different than what is happening in local media, msg boards, social media outlets, and official social media outlet comments.  We all know you've been a great source of info and have often brought opinions others didn't want to hear.  I think people often miss that you are telling people the department's thought process and mistake that for your own opinion and unfairly attack you.  So I'm curious if you can shed some insight as to how the department is getting its feel of the community.  Do they believe they are getting support because of this coverage I'm not seeing?  Do they get crap loads of phone calls in support?  Are they only concerned with what big donors are telling them and they are happy?   
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2016, 04:14:01 PM »
oscar should only be fired when he is not meeting the AD's standards for a basketball program.  He is nowhere near that so he should stay, in fact in many way's he's exceeded expectations enough to earn an extension. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2016, 04:18:43 PM »
If he just had 2 of those 3, I wouldn't want to take a chance on him, but that given that combo I think he can have at least the same level of success as oscar can.

it's pretty amazing that you believe that.

scott drew, 14 years, 5 ncaa appearances, 36%, 0 b12 champys
bill self, 23 years, 17 ncaa appearances, 77%, 12 big 12 champys
shaka, 6 years, 5 ncaa appearances, 83%, 0 b12 champys
lon, 29 years, 16 ncaa appearances, 55%, 0 b12 champys
travis ford, 16 years, 6 ncaa appearances, 38%, 0 b12 champys
prohm, 4 years, 1 ncaa appearance, 25%, 0 b12 champys
tubby, 25 years, 17 ncaa appearances, 68%, 0 b12 champys
trent johnson, 17 years, 5 ncaa appearances, 29%, 0 b12 champys
huggs, 31 years, 21 ncaa appearances, 68%, 0 b12 champys

Interestingly, Tom Asbury at the same point in his career at KSU as oscar had 4 NCAA tourney's in 9 years. oscar is like, 11% better!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 02, 2016, 04:36:05 PM »
it gets tough when you try to compare p5 accomplishments to guys who were getting ncaa births by winning their shitty auto-qualifier conferences like tom, and brad.  and oscar!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #164 on: March 02, 2016, 04:37:12 PM »
Yes.   Brad could be the ksu version of oscar.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 02, 2016, 04:40:05 PM »
Bad personality doesn't trump good performance (if we had good performance), but having a personality that encourages people to like you or even be just OK with you is a good quality to have when you're the face of something that requires fans.

Sure. If you're talking about currie, his continual success with all types of donors would indicate his personality isn't an issue.

What are the donor "type" categories?

http://www.ahearnfund.com/giving/levels/

Ha.  For evaluating purposes, you'd have to add a category of people who could/might donate but don't.

You could also add the category of people who used to donate but in light of recent events told the University to shove their Ahearn Fund up their ass.
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 02, 2016, 04:53:39 PM »
Bad personality doesn't trump good performance (if we had good performance), but having a personality that encourages people to like you or even be just OK with you is a good quality to have when you're the face of something that requires fans.

Sure. If you're talking about currie, his continual success with all types of donors would indicate his personality isn't an issue.

Ha.  For evaluating purposes, you'd have to add a category of people who could/might donate but don't.

You could also add the category of people who used to donate but in light of recent events told the University to shove their Ahearn Fund up their ass.

That's a subset ("angrily don't") of the category I posted.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2016, 08:38:28 PM »
I hate currie because he is a liar and a rough ridin' hypocritical bad person.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #168 on: March 02, 2016, 08:46:02 PM »
I honestly hope oscar is at KSU for a very long time. He's the coach our fans want and deserve.  There is no reason or justification at all to fire the man.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 02, 2016, 08:48:23 PM »
What has he lied about?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #170 on: March 02, 2016, 08:50:53 PM »
What has he lied about?
nothing, some "fans" simply can't handle the real truth

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 02, 2016, 08:54:50 PM »
What has he lied about?
i assume you are trying to troll me but it was pretty well documented how many time he lied in the case with the womens bball transfer

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2016, 08:56:35 PM »

Kind of connected - yesterday when I called to pay the Ahearn Fund for football tickets but not basketball for next year there was no reaction at all.  No question about if I was certain I would not be renewing basketball. Just seemed like they have heard that a few times.  And when I got an email telling me there was a high demand for season tickets for next year, I wondered if that was true.  Is there still a huge demand for basketball tickets?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2016, 08:57:50 PM »
I honestly hope oscar is at KSU for a very long time. He's the coach our fans want and deserve.  There is no reason or justification at all to fire the man.

weird meltydown type of post.  k-state fans don't want a coach, they want to win.  i have more confidence in our current ad to make appropriate changes if/when oscar shows he's not getting the job done, than any ad we've had in either of our lifetimes. 

it seems like the collective group think that is goEMAW has once again bonded their heads into believing that now is the time for oscar to go.  as much as we all hate him, truthfully, he gets another year.  he won the conference 3 years ago, coy 3 years ago, and has take our team to the tournament 2x out of 4 chances.  let him prove the tired talking point that he can't win with his own players, next year is his chance. 

the idea of firing him now and hiring brad underwood is ludicrous

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2016, 08:59:33 PM »
I kinda consider oscar's second year as winning with his own players. That season was all Marcus Foster.