Author Topic: firebrucewebernow.com  (Read 103321 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: firebrucewebernow.com
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2016, 12:43:10 PM »
I don't like how our basketball program has changed...Makes me sad.
:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2016, 12:44:57 PM »
Bad personality doesn't trump good performance (if we had good performance), but having a personality that encourages people to like you or even be just OK with you is a good quality to have when you're the face of something that requires fans.

Sure. If you're talking about currie, his continual success with all types of donors would indicate his personality isn't an issue.

What are the donor "type" categories?

http://www.ahearnfund.com/giving/levels/

Ha.  For evaluating purposes, you'd have to add a category of people who could/might donate but don't.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2016, 12:45:31 PM »
Let's list some reasons why we think oscar Weber will be able to turn around the basketball program.  I can't think of anything at the moment, but I'm sure some of you will be able to.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2016, 12:46:16 PM »
having a personality that encourages people to like you or even be just OK with you is a good quality to have when you're the face of something that requires fans.

and recruiting/coaching/managing other people

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2016, 12:46:40 PM »
diaper bag-carry'n moms

When KU announces that they are joining the long list of teams adopting the clear bag policy, I wonder if their diaper bag-carry'n moms will be as vocal...

Probably not, because Cheyenne Zulu - if he even needed to see how lol it would play out - will have watched how KSU mumped it up and roll it out correctly.

I don't think KSU rolled out the clear bag policy incorrectly. People don't like change. When KU announces it, people will complain.

For fans like Hofer and Moore who have questions about diaper bags, K-State offered the following response: “Diapers and other baby supplies can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, would be allowed to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse into the venue.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article62263627.html#storylink=cpy

:lol:

You guys should have Vulture engineer up a special EMAW clear bag that attaches to the baby itself.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2016, 12:48:41 PM »
I don't like how our basketball program has changed...Makes me sad.
Yep

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2016, 12:49:25 PM »
Bad personality doesn't trump good performance (if we had good performance), but having a personality that encourages people to like you or even be just OK with you is a good quality to have when you're the face of something that requires fans.

Sure. If you're talking about currie, his continual success with all types of donors would indicate his personality isn't an issue.

Ha.  For evaluating purposes, you'd have to add a category of people who could/might donate but don't.

Do you think that category is larger or more significant than those that do?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2016, 12:54:07 PM »

Do you think that category is larger or more significant than those that do?

I think it's necessary to determine how many people KSU would like to give them money actually give them money.  Not entirely sure that's indicative of whether people support Currie.  The last time I donated was to complete a credit card spend.

Of course, I agree with you that Currie is 100% successful in the statistic of actual donors to K-State donating to K-State.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2016, 01:04:47 PM »
I'm fine with Currie.  BBTF and the BSFS expansions make me feel very good about him -- the Frank issue and Weber hiring were bad, but I'm willing to give him a shot at not screwing up what should be two slam dunk, common sense hires in the next 2-3 years (Venables and Underwood).  Assuming he's capable of hiring them, I think basketball and football are in great shape for the foreseeable future, especially coupled with his fundraising acumen.

I take more issue with Schulz (notably "EMAW").

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2016, 01:08:14 PM »
My concern with currie would be if coaches would take issue working under him given the frank run off.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2016, 01:09:17 PM »
My concern with currie would be if coaches would take issue working under him given the frank run off.

Or Snyder talking bad to anybody that doesn't Pinkel him.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2016, 01:12:39 PM »
I'm willing to go after Brad because he has been really successful where he's at (I fully realize its in a low major conference), he has been here as an assistant recently while we were winning at a high level, AND he's got K-State ties. If he just had 2 of those 3, I wouldn't want to take a chance on him, but that given that combo I think he can have at least the same level of success as oscar can.

he was also very successful as a juco hc in florida.  he's been successful in three different levels of bball in three different geographic areas.  he has never not been successful.  in his current position he's been successful to a degree that is very close to unprecedented on any level of college basketball.

underwood is not just my first choice.  he's my only choice.  if kstate is too stupid to hire him, kstate can die in a house fire with all of its fans in it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2016, 01:15:38 PM »
I'm willing to go after Brad because he has been really successful where he's at (I fully realize its in a low major conference), he has been here as an assistant recently while we were winning at a high level, AND he's got K-State ties. If he just had 2 of those 3, I wouldn't want to take a chance on him, but that given that combo I think he can have at least the same level of success as oscar can.

he was also very successful as a juco hc in florida.  he's been successful in three different levels of bball in three different geographic areas.  he has never not been successful.  in his current position he's been successful to a degree that is very close to unprecedented on any level of college basketball.

underwood is not just my first choice.  he's my only choice.  if kstate is too stupid to hire him, kstate can die in a house fire with all of its fans in it.
I doubt he would come here if Currie is still running the squad.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2016, 01:17:08 PM »

He was 62-60 in 4 seasons at Dodge City. But you are right what he is doing at SFA is pretty much unprecedented. I mean, losing one conference game over three seasons is ridiculous.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2016, 01:17:34 PM »
i don't give a crap if currie is here or not.  if he won't, or can't, hire underwood, then fire him.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2016, 01:17:47 PM »

I doubt he would come here if Currie is still running the squad.

I don't think there's any way he would turn down a huge raise at his alma mater if we're hiring him from SFA. Not a chance.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2016, 01:18:49 PM »
He was 62-60 in 4 seasons at Dodge City.

additional data often tends to be complicating.  i wish i hadn't been made aware of this.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2016, 01:19:12 PM »
I don't think there's any way he would turn down a huge raise at his alma mater if we're hiring him from SFA. Not a chance.

Yeah I'm pretty sure time (and $2 Mil per) heals all (or at least most) wounds.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2016, 01:20:44 PM »
Brad was 62-60 at Dodge City, but yes sys, he's been successful everywhere else.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2016, 01:21:56 PM »
Dodge City is a notoriously easy place to win.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2016, 01:26:26 PM »
Are we sure that Brad can win with his own players!?!?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2016, 01:27:50 PM »
BU was in his 20s at DCCC. He went 70-24 at Daytona Beach CC.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2016, 01:28:24 PM »

Two of his starters and his leading scorer ARE holdovers.

However

He also starts a freshman and a sophomore (which I think is pretty rare for good teams at that level. Although I don't know this for sure because I have never paid attention to a team at that level)

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2016, 01:29:07 PM »
I have enjoyed this thread so far and would like to thank all participants.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2016, 01:35:09 PM »

Two of his starters and his leading scorer ARE holdovers.

However

He also starts a freshman and a sophomore (which I think is pretty rare for good teams at that level. Although I don't know this for sure because I have never paid attention to a team at that level)

I'm pretty sure that means he can only win with other coaches' players.