Author Topic: Scalia  (Read 56487 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Scalia
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2016, 11:04:38 PM »
Also :lol: at the fanningbrag

Meeting a Justice is a fanningbrag? Mmmmkay. I've actually met three. It's not that unusual for law students to meet Justices.

I think it would be very interesting  :thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2016, 11:09:24 PM »
Fanningbrags are unprovoked bragging about things that nobody gives a crap about, like meeting some old guy who is a noted awful human being

Ok. If you believe someone is an awful human being just because they didn't think the Constitution granted "rights" to things like sodomy and abortion, you're just not worth engaging.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2016, 11:10:42 PM »

Fanningbrags are unprovoked bragging about things that nobody gives a crap about, like meeting some old guy who is a noted awful human being

Ok. If you believe someone is an awful human being just because they didn't think the Constitution granted "rights" to things like sodomy and abortion, you're just not worth engaging.

Chant only goes missionary because the constitution

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2016, 11:28:42 PM »
I guess this only matters when it's a Pub nominee:
There should be a full debate and a final Senate decision. In deciding on this course, I harbor no illusions. But a crucial principle is at stake. That principle is the way we select the men and women who guard the liberties of all the American people. That should not be done through public campaigns of distortion. If I withdraw now, that campaign would be seen as a success, and it would be mounted against future nominees. For the sake of the Federal judiciary and the American people, that must not happen. The deliberative process must be restored.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2016, 11:39:11 PM »
Antonin scalia is probably the most activist judge that ever activisted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2016, 11:53:58 PM »
If history is any indicator Obama is going to get his.  Also when was big homie Anthony Kennedy appointed to the court?  Was it in the last year of a 2nd term president?

He was nominated Nov 30, 1987 and appointed Feb 18,1988.  He was the 3rd nominatation in a process that started with Bork being nominated July 1, 1987.

Before someone jumps on this, I have no problem with Obama nominating someone.  Just giving the history of what wetwillie asked.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2016, 12:04:28 AM »
The Pubtard butthurt is great. "Obama should do the right thing by neglecting one of the major duties of his job for basically an entire year because if he goes through with this, we won't like the outcome."  lolllllllll
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:39:13 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2016, 12:09:57 AM »
Senate will not confirm an Obama appointee. SCOTUS selection is actually a pretty big deal, so if you think republicans will get crap for not confirming an Obama appointee then you are either a democrat or an idiot.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2016, 12:12:40 AM »
They will absolutely get crap if they obstruct for a year

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2016, 12:15:11 AM »

From dems, not from anyone else.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2016, 12:15:34 AM »
Lol ok

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2016, 12:19:54 AM »
One of the biggest reasons for push back against pubs and not getting the white house in 12 was because they deadlocked 2/3 of the government.  Now the court is roughly 4/4 split deadlocking the last functioning arm of government.  Yeah the America people totally won't care.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Scalia
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2016, 12:26:44 AM »
The American people will absolutely care. Republicans will be outraged Obama nominated someone, Democrats will be outraged he isn't confirmed. Everyone else will be dead inside and will hate Democrats and Republicans.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2016, 12:41:10 AM »
hardcore pub voters will punish any senator (this year, they won't remember in two years) who votes to confirm.  moderate independents may punish the pub presidential candidate for their party being obstructionist, especially if the justice nominee is well-qualified, likable and moderate.  it's an open question if having the open position looming for the next president would more motivate confirmed crats or pubs to turnout.

in a close election it might make a difference, but is the coming election likely to be close?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2016, 12:46:11 AM »
History will give 0 fucks about any of this.

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2016, 12:55:47 AM »
You millenial kid libs have NO idea what you are in store for. Search Robert Bork.

The chickens have come home to roost.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2016, 01:04:21 AM »
If you don't agree with everything we want, then you're an obstructionist!!! 

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2016, 01:12:42 AM »
If tables were turned,: Hairyass Ried would do the same.  These sumsabiches are getting a taste of medicine.  Lying bunch of.horsecrapers

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2016, 01:40:00 AM »
Guys. None of this matters.

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2016, 02:27:40 AM »
How long until Trump publicly says Obama had Scalia murdered? Did it already happen and is waiting for me in the Trump thread?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2016, 07:14:22 AM »
That would really be something puni.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2016, 07:33:18 AM »
If history is any indicator Obama is going to get his.  Also when was big homie Anthony Kennedy appointed to the court?  Was it in the last year of a 2nd term president?

He was nominated Nov 30, 1987 and appointed Feb 18,1988.  He was the 3rd nominatation in a process that started with Bork being nominated July 1, 1987.

Before someone jumps on this, I have no problem with Obama nominating someone.  Just giving the history of what wetwillie asked.

But the libtards said blocking an appointee was completely unprecedented? ????
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2016, 07:40:06 AM »
Who won the fight to get a nominee into the court?  Was it the president or the senate?  I'm thinking the senate held out and the next president got to appoint the judge right?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2016, 07:45:13 AM »
History will give 0 fucks about any of this.

#TheWesIsTheFuture

This. Also, the American public has no idea how the scotus works or the politics surrounding it. This thread is demonstrative of that (see Scalia hates civil rights - while being the most "anti-cop" on search and seizure stuff).

Really, any discussion on this topic is premature. Obama first has to nominate someone reasonably qualified (he's 1 for 2 on that front), then, and only then, can the pubs decide what to do.

Lol at the "unprecedented action", which is purely conjectural. The dems tried to block reagan for 2 entire years.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd