Author Topic: Better or not?  (Read 20137 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Better or not?
« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2017, 09:18:14 AM »
Wow.  Our least turnover prone offense ever.  Would not have guessed that for a first year starter.  Hats off to Ertz for doing his job.

Also, it's pretty interesting that K-State's 7 best seasons at avoiding turnovers have come in this era of high pace offenses.  The QB carousel of 2013 is an outlier.  Credit to Dimel for consistently putting out fairly efficient offenses that don't turn the ball over.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 09, 2017, 11:05:45 AM »
Wow.  Our least turnover prone offense ever.  Would not have guessed that for a first year starter.  Hats off to Ertz for doing his job.

Also, it's pretty interesting that K-State's 7 best seasons at avoiding turnovers have come in this era of high pace offenses.  The QB carousel of 2013 is an outlier.  Credit to Dimel for consistently putting out fairly efficient offenses that don't turn the ball over.

Dimel put up a very solid offense with freshman and sophomores all over the field.

Hayes put up a solid defense with lots of juniors and seniors, including two guys who will definitely get drafted (Willis, Lee) this year and two more who might (Moore, Barnett).

I think our offensive coaches are awesome.  I think Hayes is just OK, and would welcome his retirement considering the viable candidates we could get for defensive coordinator.  Even with what we lose on defense next year, Leavitt or Venebles would field a better unit than what we had this year.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »

Dimel put up a very solid offense with freshman and sophomores all over the field.

Hayes put up a solid defense with lots of juniors and seniors, including two guys who will definitely get drafted (Willis, Lee) this year and two more who might (Moore, Barnett).

I think our offensive coaches are awesome.  I think Hayes is just OK, and would welcome his retirement considering the viable candidates we could get for defensive coordinator.  Even with what we lose on defense next year, Leavitt or Venebles would field a better unit than what we had this year.

Two of the best DCs in the country could do better? Likely story pal

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 09, 2017, 02:52:38 PM »

Yes, that is what I am saying, even though we lose key guys next year.  Even when Hayes has great talent, we only have the 3/4 best defense in the Big 12.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 09, 2017, 05:09:58 PM »

Yes, that is what I am saying, even though we lose key guys next year.  Even when Hayes has great talent, we only have the 3/4 best defense in the Big 12.

I don't disagree about Hayes, just had to take the chance to be a smartass

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2017, 08:39:06 AM »
After watching the game last night, our offense is incredibly complex compared to what clemson and bama threw out there.

LHC Bill Snyder would just dominate with that level of athlete.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2017, 08:39:51 AM »
opposite is true on defense, especially venebles defense, but they also go burned a bunch.