Author Topic: Paging Dax, Paging Dr. Dax  (Read 7537 times)

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Paging Dax, Paging Dr. Dax
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 01:01:39 PM »
How much of this money ends up embezzled by the KU higher ups?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 01:02:44 PM »

:surprised:

Are all four of those others out of the Federal Pen yet?

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 01:26:10 PM »

:dunno: maybe? Maybe that is why they took the bug loan so they could swindle KU out of some more money to retire. Kind of like those bank robbery movies where they were all out of the game and one guy was like "let's go back for on final showdown for the biggest pay day of our lives, then we're out for good".

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »

:dunno: maybe? Maybe that is why they took the bug loan so they could swindle KU out of some more money to retire. Kind of like those bank robbery movies where they were all out of the game and one guy was like "let's go back for on final showdown for the biggest pay day of our lives, then we're out for good".

So we can't expect senior KU officials in a firefight using automatic weapons and laden with body armor sometime in the future?

Fantastic

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 01:45:16 PM »

So we can't expect senior KU officials in a firefight using automatic weapons and laden with body armor sometime in the future?

Fantastic

I mean, I'd watch it

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2016, 01:46:14 PM »

Fantastic

I mean, I'd watch it

Oh yeah!

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2016, 02:18:24 PM »
this just isn't the same without beems  :frown:
Yes no tit all tat

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »
What if this private corporation that KU has set up defaults? 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2016, 04:19:27 PM »
3rdGenerationHawk
Re: Anyone here seen any stadium plans or know someone who has?
3:24 AM
The morans in the state house(I am looking at you Stillwell as the head moran) told KU to "act more like a private business". KU goes out and gets capital from the best possible source, legally avoiding a ton of hassle from said state house (just like a private business). KSU sympathizers in said state house act all butt hurt that KU acted in KU's interests (just like a private business). Do I understand the situation properly?

Man we must have agents everywhere.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2016, 04:20:50 PM »
Frankenhawk

No doubt, the anti KU legislators will be proposing a change that makes this sort of thing not possible moving forward, at least for KU. KU needs to work towards going pseudo independent a la Penn State. They are "state-related" meaning they do receive some state funding in exchange for lower tuition for in-state students, but they are governed independently and have their own board of trustees.

Edit to add: Actually opened the LJW article. Sure enough, one Mark Hutton of Wichita says he will propose a bill that puts this to an end. A quick google search reveals a not so surprising BS, Construction Science and Management, Kansas State University, 1977.
Last edited 02/03/2016 6:50 AMby Frankenhawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2016, 04:35:06 PM »
 :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 05:38:55 PM »
If they walked into the State House wanting approval on bonding for a dorm that would benefit KU athletics (again) and with another department at KU responsible for the debt (where have I seen this movie before?) service, then what the hell did they expect?      They walked into the legislature wanting to float $300 million in debt and didn't expect or want any questions?

I see some of them are bitching about the bond approval for Seaton Hall.   K-State is on the hook for that debt, and that project has been 4 years in the making.   

Hilarious coming from KU given all the progress they've stopped and all the bitching they've done about other schools over the years inside the State House walls.    What a bunch of pussies.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2016, 04:16:30 PM »
Further fuel to "this is a KSU conspiracy against KU" fire in Butthurtistan. . . the K-State administration wants no part of this, and I would be stunned based on reading between the lines of what the K-State administration thinks of KSLeg and Gub that K-State would attempt to fight what KU wants to do on any conceivable level.   It wouldn't be blowing off your own foot, but it would certainly be lopping off several toes.   This is just a couple of typical KSleg knuckleheads who sadly just happen to be K-State alums.    K-State's admin has taken a grudging go along to get along stance with the KSLeg and until the idiot voters of Kansas do something about it, that's the way it's going to have to stay. 

There seems to be some sort of belief in Butthurtistan that the K-State administration is full of hardcore conservatives.    :lol:

On the flip side still  :lol: at KU's belief that the advice of thinking more like a business meant go do whatever you want no questions asked.    This is a project to seal a likely soon to be retiring chancellors somewhat milquetoast legacy and they wanted it done sooner rather than later.   Part of this also prevents Zulu from having to mount an actual capital campaign of substance on his own, he's straight out of the Weiser/Urick school.   Capital campaigns of substance are hard, even at schools with alums with millions in their couches.   

Offline EMAWforever

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2016, 04:51:10 PM »
SO, they can't have a good football team because of KState, they can't build because of Kstate, what's next? Can't wipe their own ass because of KState?  This is what's wrong with people these days.  Take some initiative and raise some damn money yourself.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2016, 04:58:36 PM »
If K-State runs this much crap, who is the real little brother?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2016, 06:09:42 PM »
Starting to sound more like a father - son relationship.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2016, 06:44:51 PM »
This is our fault. We have failed as mentors. Get a little better everyday tho and we just might reach these troubled kids
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MIZMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2016, 08:21:31 PM »
Starting to sound more like a father - son relationship.
Stepson, maybe.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 10:11:07 AM »
I don't want Universities (especially state ones) run like private businesses.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 10:32:22 AM »
Excellent question Chi. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2016, 10:48:17 AM »
Pretty sure i read on the phog.net that they may as well go private.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »
Pretty sure i read on the phog.net that they may as well go private.
their endowment puts them on pretty much the same footing as Apple.