Author Topic: Good Eats  (Read 1376 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good Eats
« on: April 30, 2010, 10:36:43 PM »
Just watched the spaghetti episode and noticed it gave special thanks to KSU at the end.  Pretty sure the disclaimer also mentioned Hale-something.  Anyone else ever notice this?  Wonder if the library somehow aided in research or if it was the nutrition dept and the Hale thing referred to something unrelated?  Either way, pretty badass, at least to me!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Good Eats
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 10:48:30 PM »
kstate and some of the food researchers/professors/testers are mentioned pretty prominently in malcolm gladwells latest book. the book is nothing but a compilation of his new yorkers stuff, but it was still pretty cool to stumble across a page or two of nothing but kansas state university talk.   :cool:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:27:44 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 11:25:38 PM »
Might have been due to some of the grain science dudes. I've learned more about pastas then i ever thought possible  :users:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 05:11:17 PM »
I remember seeing KSU thanked on a Good Eats before, but I don't think I've ever seen the spaghetti episode.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 06:06:11 PM »
Research for the Food Network should be enough to have the AAU knocking on K-State's door. Get some people looking into what wristband/bowling shirt combo will look best on Guy Fieri for the next episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 09:08:33 PM »
Technically, it was the American Classics 5- Spaghetti and meat sauce.  Or something like that.  Guess Italians don't put sauce on spaghetti, just olive oil and parm.  The spaghetti we know is a bastardization that gained popularity in the 50's.  And that type of info is exactly why I love that damn show.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 11:14:31 PM »
Technically, it was the American Classics 5- Spaghetti and meat sauce.  Or something like that.  Guess Italians don't put sauce on spaghetti, just olive oil and parm.  The spaghetti we know is a bastardization that gained popularity in the 50's.  And that type of info is exactly why I love that damn show.
Holy crap, thats the only way I eat spaghetti. A bunch of people owe me a rough ridin' apology.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 12:47:38 AM »
<------------------------Would be willing to bet $1 that KSU researchers get their tips from 'Clams Cooking Board of goEMAW fame

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 01:07:23 AM »
JM-  Every noodle is specifically designed for a purpose bro.  A thin noodle like 'ghetti aint meant to hold sauce, thus the oil.  Hold your head high and make sure that parm is freshly ground.