Author Topic: Why so sad Cats?  (Read 53452 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Why so sad Cats?
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2016, 03:25:28 PM »
The BV stuff is all nonsense.  It provides the smokescreen needed to force feed us a mediocre HCIW in Leavitt.

Then it's a well coordinated smokescreen, and you'll have an AD who has basically built his career on finding capital to build stuff actively burning bridges with the folks most likely and able to provide him with said capital.

Enough people believe it's going to happen where it's safe to say something is happening.  Either conversations, or a handshake, or whatever, but Currie and Venables are talking or have talked.  JL may be plan B, so it may happen, but Currie isn't stupid enough to alienate the most important part of his constituency for some ruse that leads to the hiring of a 60 year old to take over his football program.

That is all reasonable, but if bill is truly being wishy washy about timeline, then it would severely undercut Currie's doing of anything other than running hypotheticals by ppl like Venzy.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2016, 03:37:13 PM »
The BV stuff is all nonsense.  It provides the smokescreen needed to force feed us a mediocre HCIW in Leavitt.

Then it's a well coordinated smokescreen, and you'll have an AD who has basically built his career on finding capital to build stuff actively burning bridges with the folks most likely and able to provide him with said capital.

Enough people believe it's going to happen where it's safe to say something is happening.  Either conversations, or a handshake, or whatever, but Currie and Venables are talking or have talked.  JL may be plan B, so it may happen, but Currie isn't stupid enough to alienate the most important part of his constituency for some ruse that leads to the hiring of a 60 year old to take over his football program.
It won't alienate his constituency.   He'll look like a hero.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2016, 03:40:07 PM »
Reminds me of Cheyenne Zulu going out to find the best HC and returning with Charlie.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2016, 04:19:18 PM »

If the donors are all going around saying they're getting Venables, and they want Venables, and you're telling them you have a deal with Venables, you'll be a hero by giving them Jim Leavitt?

That makes complete sense.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2016, 04:32:17 PM »
Guys, LNCAAACCIQ (Low National Collegiate Athletic Association Assistant Coach Contract IQ), but is there any significance (financially, reputation wise) to the date if a coach signed his current contract on January 19th (BV) or February 5th (JL)?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2016, 04:41:13 PM »

If the donors are all going around saying they're getting Venables, and they want Venables, and you're telling them you have a deal with Venables, you'll be a hero by giving them Jim Leavitt?

That makes complete sense.

Yes.  By the time JL is head coach BV will be seen as a unreliable traitor who probably wouldn't have been a good fit anyway and Jim will be there to save the day.  Our AD is great at hush-hush smear campaigns against coaches and players it.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2016, 05:23:58 PM »
That would be be stupidest smokescreen ever, the reasonable smoke screen is Dana.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2016, 05:33:19 PM »
our fanbase loves the-coach/recruit-that-got-away stories.  probably most fanbases do.

i agree that kstate fans will give more credit to an a.d. that they think had a sexy hire lined up until some perfidious rival stole him or some fickle female in his life refused to let him take the job than they would an a.d. that locked down a slth right out of the gate.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2016, 05:46:58 PM »

our fanbase loves the-coach/recruit-that-got-away stories.  probably most fanbases do.

i agree that kstate fans will give more credit to an a.d. that they think had a sexy hire lined up until some perfidious rival stole him or some fickle female in his life refused to let him take the job than they would an a.d. that locked down a slth right out of the gate.

Come on, we've got a few plane on the Tarmac stories, but from that perspective we are utterly outclassed by many other fanbases. 

I'd also like too encourage Blackcats to continue posting everything from the laughably insane to the chiseled in limestone tidbits, rumors and hearsay.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2016, 05:59:42 PM »

I hope nobody is happy that we "almost" hired Eddie Sutton. I would like to fight them.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2016, 06:17:58 PM »
Is Blackcats like, really ITK? Just asking, as I don't know who I can trust :dunno:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2016, 07:02:29 PM »
Is Blackcats like, really ITK? Just asking, as I don't know who I can trust :dunno:

Yes.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2016, 07:07:19 PM »

Yes.

No.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2016, 07:34:19 PM »
I can't tell you that, but I can tell you who asks the stupidness questions on this thread.  :whistle1:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2016, 07:38:33 PM »

Then it's a well coordinated smokescreen, and you'll have an AD who has basically built his career on finding capital to build  actively burning bridges with the folks most likely and able to provide him with said capital.
You do know that's seventeen Snyder years of happiness!   :Woot:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2016, 09:25:25 PM »
blackcats is a poster that I always read when I see he's posted.

_FAN I hope you realize that you are this for me and all non-dodo birds on this blog.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2016, 09:46:16 PM »
i read everyone's posts because i'm not some kind of classist bad person. but hey, you guys do you.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2016, 09:49:43 PM »
i read everyone's posts because i'm not some kind of classist bad person. but hey, you guys do you.

related: can we add a spot under our names to put our degrees?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2016, 10:02:36 PM »

related: can we add a spot under our names to put our degrees?

i'll assume dlew is already working this with bsac or whatever. get with him. strength in numbers and all.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2016, 10:03:18 PM »
^ did not read :lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2016, 10:04:18 PM »
HEY LOOK AT ME AND ALL MY DEGREES! WHERE DID EVERYONE GO TO UNDERGRAD AND GRAD AND GET THEIR POST GRAD AT? WOW AREN'T WE ALL GREAT!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:08:06 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2016, 10:05:36 PM »
it really is the gift that keeps on giving

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2016, 10:07:51 PM »
The other night I was drinking with a friend and some of his coworkers (i hadn't met any of them before).  This guy and I talked Purdue football for about 15 minutes.  He was at the holy buckeye game!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2016, 10:20:11 PM »
The other night I was drinking with a friend and some of his coworkers (i hadn't met any of them before).  This guy and I talked Purdue football for about 15 minutes.  He was at the holy buckeye game!

that's cool. talking college sports is always fun. i talked texas a&m sports with a guy last week.  :thumbs:

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2016, 10:40:06 PM »

Yes.

Yes.  Blackcats' insight is top notch.  The only reason I read bringonthecats is to look for his comments.