Author Topic: Gary Johnson  (Read 23447 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Gary Johnson
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2016, 03:04:34 PM »
Protesting is leaving a.turd in the voting booth.  Voting is an honored civic privilege.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2016, 03:09:20 PM »
there is no such thing as a protest vote.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2016, 03:58:46 PM »
people voting for Johnson/stein don't actually expect either to become the next president i don't think.

No we don't. I'm voting for Jill Stein because her beliefs match most more closely with mine, and I'm in the GP.

The John Oliver thing was fine, all he was doing was exposing the flaws of Johnson and Stein. I am actually glad he did it, he treated them like anyone running a national campaign for president should be treated.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2016, 04:35:27 PM »
He's never treated HRC like that IIRC MIR.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2016, 04:41:31 PM »

He went after Clinton's scandals 2-3 weeks ago.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »
I believe that is correct.  Oliver has given Hillary some grief before, but he has never done a feature segment on her unelectability like he has the other candidates. It's obvious he wants Hillary to be elected, but I can't really blame him.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2016, 04:45:39 PM »

And I believe that segment ended with Oliver saying something like "but that is all NOTHING compared to Trump, so stop worrying about it." (with raisins)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 18, 2016, 04:46:40 PM »
John Oliver is controlling our electoral process!!!!!!   :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 18, 2016, 04:52:43 PM »
John Oliver is controlling our electoral process!!!!!!   :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

Just another cog in the media wheel, CNS.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Gary Johnson
« Reply #259 on: October 18, 2016, 04:52:43 PM »
I mean, he clearly wants to determine who wins. So do most people that discuss it, including myself. Oliver is probably just a little more effective at it than I am.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 18, 2016, 04:53:09 PM »

And I believe that segment ended with Oliver saying something like "but that is all NOTHING compared to Trump, so stop worrying about it." (with raisins)

Well, when you put them side by side, that is sort of the objective conclusion.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 18, 2016, 04:54:08 PM »
But notice when discussing Stein and Johnson, he did not compare their shortcomings to Trump's to explain them away.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 18, 2016, 04:55:42 PM »
But notice when discussing Stein and Johnson, he did not compare their shortcomings to Trump's to explain them away.

I haven't watched that one yet. I agree that it would be better to explain them away by comparing them to both Donald and Hillary. Neither has any chance to win, though, so it's whatever.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 18, 2016, 05:33:53 PM »
I mean, he clearly wants to determine who wins. So do most people that discuss it, including myself. Oliver is probably just a little more effective at it than I am.

Pretty much. I do really enjoy John Oliver. While he/the Last Week Tonight show team sometime reaches, and sometimes has to take a few easy outs both for the sake of time and entertainment (which is ultimately what it should be) he does a real good job at exposing many of the ills of society in a compact, funny, smart, and researched way.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 18, 2016, 05:39:03 PM »
people voting for Johnson/stein don't actually expect either to become the next president i don't think.

No we don't. I'm voting for Jill Stein because her beliefs match most more closely with mine, and I'm in the GP.

The John Oliver thing was fine, all he was doing was exposing the flaws of Johnson and Stein. I am actually glad he did it, he treated them like anyone running a national campaign for president should be treated.

Did you hear the part where he was making fun of those song lyrics?  When he said "silent thunder" is just silence I Lol'd. I love John Oliver. Even though our political leanings lean opposite ways.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 18, 2016, 07:24:20 PM »

Did you hear the part where he was making fun of those song lyrics?  When he said "silent thunder" is just silence I Lol'd. I love John Oliver. Even though our political leanings lean opposite ways.

Those lyrics were so incredibly awful.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile