Author Topic: Trevone Boykin - Arrested Development  (Read 2830 times)

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
Trevone Boykin - Arrested Development
« on: December 31, 2015, 08:54:17 AM »
TCU QB Trevone Boykin arrested after bar fight, charged with striking officer

TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin was arrested and charged with a felony in San Antonio early Thursday morning after fighting at a bar and then striking a bicycle patrol officer.

Boykin was formally charged with assaulting a public servant, a third-degree felony, and assigned a $5,000 bond.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14472105/tcu-quarterback-trevone-boykin-was-arrested-bar-fight

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Trevone Boykin - Arrested Development
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 09:04:49 AM »
Damn.  What a shitty way to end your career.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 09:13:36 AM »
Throw a Chipotle burrito at an officer?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 09:28:59 AM »
jason king is such an insufferable douchebag

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 09:37:21 AM »
jason king is such an insufferable douchebag

Loves him some Twin Peaks tho

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 09:52:58 AM »
it wasn't boykin that punched that officer! 

why, it was James McGill!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »
Nothing good ever comes from assaulting a cop....especially in Tejas.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 10:47:22 AM »

Indeed. A little off topic but Texas law actually allows a city or county to seize your vehicle and cash without even charging you.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »

Indeed. A little off topic but Texas law actually allows a city or county to seize your vehicle and cash without even charging you.

Seems odd.  The same state's laws would allow you to shoot them if they tried.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 11:00:22 AM »
yard dog: pretty good thread title!

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »

Sort of a war on drug things would be my guess.  Tons of leeway almost anywhere in this regard to seize assets that fit a profile to be gained via the drug trade (doesn't have to be from that, just fit the profile).  Then have fun proving you did not gain the assets from the trade (guilty until proven innocent).

If I recall, in a lot of states (Louisiana was one for sure a few years back) if they seized your stuff, accusing you of such trade, to get it back you had to put up its value in cash which would be held until actual court proceedings dealt with the issue (often months later).  And departments often incentivized such seizures by allowing a percentage of of the money gained from the seizures (selling the stuff later) to go back to officers as bonuses.

Sorry about the digression.  As to Boykin, do you think this will hurt his NFL stock much?  I mean, they are on this whole character kick, but then again winning matters in the end.  My guess is Boykin better hire a p.r. firm pronto and get to work on this.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 12:37:01 PM »

Sort of a war on drug things would be my guess.  Tons of leeway almost anywhere in this regard to seize assets that fit a profile to be gained via the drug trade (doesn't have to be from that, just fit the profile).  Then have fun proving you did not gain the assets from the trade (guilty until proven innocent).

If I recall, in a lot of states (Louisiana was one for sure a few years back) if they seized your stuff, accusing you of such trade, to get it back you had to put up its value in cash which would be held until actual court proceedings dealt with the issue (often months later).  And departments often incentivized such seizures by allowing a percentage of of the money gained from the seizures (selling the stuff later) to go back to officers as bonuses.

Sorry about the digression.  As to Boykin, do you think this will hurt his NFL stock much?  I mean, they are on this whole character kick, but then again winning matters in the end.  My guess is Boykin better hire a p.r. firm pronto and get to work on this.

Yes, that's my understanding. It is sold as a way to get stuff from the bad guys before it gets sold or handed off to other gangs or drug dealers. I know a guy whose $30,000 vehicle was seized and paperwork was filed to take ownership before he even made it home. Cops alleged he had road raged, but never charged him. He eventually got it back and was never charged with anything, though cops and a da tried to intimidate him into letting the truck go. He is a minority.