Author Topic: Liberty Bowl  (Read 21291 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty Bowl
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2016, 06:02:36 PM »
Best 6-7 team in the country though.   

I'm afraid we're Not.

:frown:

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2016, 06:03:53 PM »

Hopefully the pigaggie fans leave now. This board has been unbearable.

Nah - we'll stick around for a bit to relish...
yeah, I've never been to a board where they try to minimize the game by calling it an exhibtion game...tell that to all those people in purple who paid good money for the seats in the Liberty Bowl....an exhibition game ?   Pfffft   :billdance:

Oh sorry, a glorified exhibition game. Doesn't mean crap, and you know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline The Hipster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2016, 06:09:13 PM »

yeah, I've never been to a board where they try to minimize the game by calling it an exhibtion game...tell that to all those people in purple who paid good money for the seats in the Liberty Bowl....an exhibition game ?   Pfffft   :billdance:

sounds like a 17 year old girl who doesn't get an invite to the prom...."oh it doesn't matter to me, anyway"   well, it apparently meant a lot to a man who is 76 years old...see, he's dancing to get the opportunity to play an SEC team   :billdance:

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2016, 06:11:51 PM »

sounds like a 17 year old girl who doesn't get an invite to the prom...."oh it doesn't matter to me, anyway"   well, it apparently meant a lot to a man who is 76 years old...see, he's dancing to get the opportunity to play an SEC team   :billdance:

Since you are an Arkansas fan, it shouldn't surprise me you're hanging out with 17 year old girls... rough ridin' weirdo.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2016, 06:16:56 PM »

People pay money to watch exhibition games in every sport...how does that not make it an exhibition?

Offline The Hipster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2016, 06:18:33 PM »
Since you are an Arkansas fan, it shouldn't surprise me you're hanging out with 17 year old girls... rough ridin' weirdo.

[/quote]I'm the weirdo, I have a daughter who is just out of high school in her first year at Fayetteville yet it is you who speak about "hanging out with 17 year olds"...that's the last I'll dignify that 'weak as water' pedophile smack because it was on your mind, not mine....maybe you should do a little introspection....oh belay all of the pedophile talk, the age of consent in Kansas is 16 years....my God, you people like them young up there, even passing laws to make what most people consider pedophilia, legal...niiiiiiiice

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2016, 06:20:13 PM »

I'm the weirdo, I have a daughter who is just out of high school in her first year at Fayetteville yet it is you who speak about "hanging out with 17 year olds"...that's the last I'll dignify that 'weak as water' pedophile smack because it was on your mind, not mine....maybe you should do a little introspection....oh belay all of the pedophile talk, the age of consent in Kansas is 16 years....my God, you people like them young up there, even passing laws to make what most people consider pedophilia, legal...niiiiiiiice
[/quote]

He's getting angry, guys.

Offline We Are Better Than You

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2016, 06:27:46 PM »

Right? That's all we've heard since the game was announced.

EMAW mods fold like the K-State D-Line...welcome back, Jack!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2016, 06:55:47 PM »
K-State football in footballoutsiders.com combined ratings since Snyder returned.

Year   Rating
2009   81
2010   47
2011   30
2012   5
2013   24
2014   26
2015   77

I can handle the past two years when a down season still makes us a top 30 program. We finished at 77, but will probably finish outside the top 80 after this game.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2016, 06:58:04 PM »
Hey guys.  Did anyone tell pigaggy we won?

Offline sleepy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2016, 07:55:48 PM »
When the Big XII blows up, you and Iowa State will be the newest members of the AAC.  Iowa State for the basketball, and KState for . . . . . . the Manhattan KS tv market I guess.
Sam Brownback--bringing Kansas values to the nation

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2016, 08:12:26 PM »

Right? That's all we've heard since the game was announced.

Considering Arkie should have been playing WVU, not KSU had the Liberty Bowl not locked onto KSU (would have taken even if the cats 5-7) and how badly matched KSU vs Ark. was yeah, it was an exhibition game.

Its been said it a few times - you all care far more about this game than we do but apparently you keep choosing to believe otherwise.   :dunno:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2016, 10:24:32 PM »

Ha Ha Ha, money!

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2016, 07:21:30 AM »
Unfortunately, this was about what I thought this game would be.

Arkansas was a top 20 team in most advanced metrics and we weren't even top 50, so no meltdown from me.

The disappointment is taking a fantastic 2 year run, Big 12 title, competing for a national title, and fantastic facility upgrades and turning it into a season where we finish outside the top 75 of college football in advanced metrics just 3 years later.

Should be a crime

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2016, 08:50:00 AM »
This is looking like one of those feel like a comeback moments. Cats get the ball to start the 2nd, and with this possession and that one probably score 10 points to cut it to 4.

Then lose by 18.

:runaway:
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.