Author Topic: It's Venables  (Read 52440 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: It's Venables
« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2018, 06:41:42 AM »
Bill knows that Venables is the #1 choice for next HC, not Sean. He's waiting for Venables to take HC job before he retires. It's not working out for Bill or Sean.

I'd be willing to bet at least half of K-State fans actually believe this. Bill is coaching because Bill wants to coach. It's pretty easy did him to set Sean up for the job without waiting for anyone else.

One of the worst strategies Bill could take if he wanted Sean to take over would be to keep coaching as his health continues to deteriorate and he loses influence because he's close to death.  An 80+ year old weak from cancer isn't going to have much influence over anything.

lol wut?  Do you think Bill is like a Klingon and has to constantly fight off physical challenges to his head coaching position?

As Bill gets older & weaker, he'll have less influence because it will be known he won't be around.  If he wanted to make a power play to install Sean, waiting isn't his best choice.  Not to be too insensitive, but one of these off seasons the cancer, treatment he went through and age are going to catch up to him and before he knows it he'll be the quite, weak old guy shuffling around or in a wheel chair.  When that happens, the amount people that are going to care about his opinion and worry about his influence is going to drastically drop.  Right or wrong, the optics matter when someone in their 80s suddenly has their age catch up to them.  If Bill truly wants Sean, he still has a lot of campaiging for it & people with influence to convince.  Or retire in 6 weeks and pray Sean get the interim with 2 new coordinators & the team goes 8-4 or better.

I don't think it's about Sean anyway.  It's not some grand plan.  He's coaching because it's what he enjoys.

Yeah “LHC Bill Snyder’s Dying Wish” media coverage wont be persuasive at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk