Author Topic: Official Black Lives Matter Thread  (Read 24641 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official Black Lives Matter Thread
« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2020, 01:59:19 PM »
deblasio actually sucks, but LOL at implying Trump is leading the fight against racist thug cops

Your guy had 8 years:  Hope and (nothing) changed

yeah obama sucked at fixing police, he did absolutely nothing. (I'm 100% serious)

Republicans are spearheading a police reform bill in the Senate and your POS Congress woman might as well just put on the mini-stache, arm band and jack boots in her attempts to stop it.

She was also a total POS about the executive order on police reform, so it appears this another situation where Dems are demanding dictatorial mechanisms out of the executive branch.   LOL, it just writes itself.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2020, 01:50:11 PM »
Kanye West: “Planned Parenthoods have been placed inside cities by white supremacists to do the Devil’s work."

Feels good to be on the right side of history.   :gocho:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2020, 01:51:26 PM »
Also slavery was a choice
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 21, 2020, 11:18:33 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2020, 11:20:37 PM »
also most of our racist fans are replying to that tweet mad at gene because he let them have "BLM" on the jersey in the first place. :frown:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 22, 2020, 12:50:28 AM »
Our fans are terrible for the most part.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 22, 2020, 08:40:23 AM »
also most of our racist fans are replying to that tweet mad at gene because he let them have "BLM" on the jersey in the first place. :frown:

Are all KSU fans who don't back the BLM movement 100% racist? 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 22, 2020, 08:44:42 AM »
I think taking personal offense to the statement "black lives matter" is a pretty good indicator that you might have some sort of racism problem.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2020, 08:54:16 AM »
I think taking personal offense to the statement "black lives matter" is a pretty good indicator that you might have some sort of racism problem.

Yes

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2020, 09:01:58 AM »
yeah when the athletes who are playing the sport decide to put a small patch on and you, who sit on the couch and watch it, lose your crap over that decision it's a decent indicator

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2020, 09:07:03 AM »
The racist idea I kept coming up against was the idea that the athletes owe something to the university and are lucky to have their fair market value artificially capped.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2020, 09:11:36 AM »
The racist idea I kept coming up against was the idea that the athletes owe something to the university and are lucky to have their fair market value artificially capped.

But how does wearing a patch interact with that?  It hurts literally no one (except super stupid racists).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2020, 09:24:39 AM »
I think the worst part of the interview is gene trying to win back the racists and seemed to be looking forward to not having the patch because it makes racists so mad.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2020, 10:17:06 AM »

Lot of people have chimed in but I will too — yes, you are racist.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2020, 10:46:45 AM »

Yes. Also anyone who has ever said All Lives Matter as a qualifier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 22, 2020, 10:49:22 AM »
Maybe purpwood has a perfectly valid reason for thinking black lives don't matter?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2020, 10:56:25 AM »
i am willing to listen...

unless it turns into one of thos "what if we had a "White History Month" kind of things.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2020, 11:06:05 AM »
Gene acting all surprised at the blowback is the most frustrating part.  The patch was obviously going to be controversial and receive blowback. 

The people ITT who can't understand why people might not like the patch, unrelated to racism, are being disingenuous IMO.

IDGAF about the patch, but I at least understand that people can disapprove of it while also believing that disproportionate violence against black people exists and is unjust.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2020, 11:08:05 AM »
Gene acting all surprised at the blowback is the most frustrating part.  The patch was obviously going to be controversial and receive blowback. 

The people ITT who can't understand why people might not like the patch, unrelated to racism, are being disingenuous IMO.

IDGAF about the patch, but I at least understand that people can disapprove of it while also believing that disproportionate violence against black people exists and is unjust.

Yeah, about 10 people just posted the reason those people can disapprove of the patch.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2020, 11:13:14 AM »

Yeah, about 10 people just posted the reason those people can disapprove of the patch.
No, they just piled on calling people who don't approve of it racist (which they may or may not be!).

This is the problem, when you have a high profile social/political movement share a name with an otherwise unobjectionable statement.  Yes, black lives matter.  In a vacuum, that phrase is obviously unobjectionable.  But that phrase is also associated with a political/social movement whose tenets some people find pretty objectionable. 

Gene having to clarify "whoa whoa whoa we weren't referencing the organization!" is why the nomenclature of Black Lives Matter is complicated (also another testament to the braintrust that runs K-State's PR).  Pretending that the phrase doesn't carry any meaning other than the literal one is obtuse. IMO!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2020, 11:13:56 AM »
disliking the patch is not "unrelated to racism"

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 22, 2020, 11:15:33 AM »
disliking the patch is not "unrelated to racism"
It certainly can be when the patch is associated with a movement whose positions exceed what can be reasonably described as anti-racism/anti-discrimination.

Not for nothing, but it can also be "unrelated to racism" if you just don't want political/social values promoted on K-State's uniforms in general.  Though I think that's probably way more rare -- I'm not sure I heard a ton of people complain about the Ft. Riley patches, for example.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 11:21:11 AM by DQ12 »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2020, 11:24:23 AM »
FWIW i also think people pulling season tickets is a titch overdramatic.

But my point is, the patch is legitimately controversial.  I think there are valid reasons for wanting it on there, and valid (and also some other, racist) reasons for not wanting it on there.  Given the obvious and predictable blowback that such a controversial decision would cause at a time when the AD is in a bad spot financially, I thought it was a pretty courageous move by the AD to include that patch (i haven't seen it on any other unis this CFB season).  But then Gene gets back and acts like "gee I was little surprised we got some blowback" and then it made me think that maybe it wasn't such a courageous decision after all, and maybe instead Gene is just an idiot.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 11:27:44 AM by DQ12 »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2020, 11:26:46 AM »
I'm confused by people who aren't able to distinguish any of the many organizations (very loosely defined, and some grifts themselves!) that have Black Lives Matter in their name from the words "Black Lives Matter."

There's also a lot of people who can distinguish it but choose not to.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2020, 11:28:59 AM »
I'm confused by people who aren't able to distinguish any of the many organizations (very loosely defined, and some grifts themselves!) that have Black Lives Matter in their name from the words "Black Lives Matter."

There's also a lot of people who can distinguish it but choose not to.
I wonder if the confusion has anything to do with the words being exactly the same.