Author Topic: Official Black Lives Matter Thread  (Read 25096 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Official Black Lives Matter Thread
« on: December 24, 2015, 10:50:38 AM »
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Missouri football thread or any of the dozens of others on racial issues, so I thought it might be best to finally give the BL Movement an official thread.

Black Lives Matter recently succeeded in convincing people that Black Lives Matter by temporarily shutting down the Minneapolis airport. That, or they just pissed a bunch of people off.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_KILLINGS_BY_POLICE_MINNEAPOLIS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-24-02-32-59

"The mall was a decoy," said Black Lives Matter organizer Miski Noor, who protested at the airport. "I think it was really effective."

He thinks it was really effective, guys.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Black Lives Matter Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 10:55:20 AM »
You're talking about it, so yeah, it was effective.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 01:24:05 PM »
You're talking about it, so yeah, it was effective.

If the "talking about it" consists of talking about what a bunch of assholes they are, I'm not sure that's very effective. I can pretty much guarantee you that none of the folks whose flights were delayed were thinking "gosh, these guys have a point."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 01:31:05 PM »
Why can't they just behave?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »
Why can't they just behave?

If by "behave," you mean understand that freedom of speech does not give them the right to shut down traffic, then yes, why can't they?

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 01:54:49 PM »
the obvious thing is they should worry more about black people killing other blacks, but it's so obvious, that i'm not sure of anything anymore.

we should make a blacks killing blacks thread, whites killing blacks thread, cops killing blacks thread, and see who wins  :excited:

i think it would clear things up for myself and others

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 02:52:42 PM »
the obvious thing is they should worry more about black people killing other blacks, but it's so obvious, that i'm not sure of anything anymore.

we should make a blacks killing blacks thread, whites killing blacks thread, cops killing blacks thread, and see who wins  :excited:

I know this is waaaaayyyyy to much to ask of you but you should probably read about what black lives matter is.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 03:25:49 PM »
I read through Wikipedia, and the sites 11 misconceptions. I get where you are coming from, but that doesn't make it right. Plus a lot of reasoning is made from questionable stats.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 03:32:12 PM »
I could not care less, what now mother rough-rider?
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 03:42:49 PM »
I was just trying to eat lunch at a local diner, but those people were taking up all the seats and protesting something.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 03:49:58 PM »
I was just trying to eat lunch at a local diner, but those people were taking up all the seats and protesting something.

Were they eating, or just trying to hurt the restaurants business?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 03:54:25 PM »

I know this is waaaaayyyyy to much to ask of you but you should probably read about what black lives matter is.

Apparently, part of it is about shutting down travel and otherwise inconveniencing people to teach them that black lives matter. I don't think that's actually written but it's implied.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 08:23:48 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 05:41:02 PM »
Those people need to figure out the appropriate time and place to inconvenience others with their 'issues'

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 01:32:55 PM »
I don't care what the campaign stands for, those people are lunatics and, as a result, nobody gives a eff about what they have to say. May as well be pushing a shopping cart full of plastic bags and cans around downtown
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2015, 11:30:31 PM »
These people are getting to be kind of like the Westboro Baptist Church.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 05:26:18 PM »
Which tenet of the BL Movement involves harassing people and hurting businesses?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-black-lives-matter-20151225-story.html

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 10:30:18 AM »
Black Lives Matter is ultimately necessary because, as I've pointed out before, the entirety of our society doesn't value the lives of black people the way we value others. I'm baffled by those of you who continue to whine about black-on-black crime, as if you actually care, like black people don't know it's a problem. Black lives mattering like that of livestock is deeply rooted in this country, the BLM movement is a noble one but I'm not sure how it will reverse 400 years of history. And it seems like on the whole white America refuses to acknowledge this so it seems this is all futile.

Here is the most egregious case of black life being marginalized that I've ever seen. I don't know if I'm more pissed that it happened or that no one seems to care that it did, business as usual.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/autopsy-results-expected-woman-removed-hospital-35922002

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 12:06:41 PM »
Black Lives Matter is ultimately necessary because, as I've pointed out before, the entirety of our society doesn't value the lives of black people the way we value others. I'm baffled by those of you who continue to whine about black-on-black crime, as if you actually care, like black people don't know it's a problem. Black lives mattering like that of livestock is deeply rooted in this country, the BLM movement is a noble one but I'm not sure how it will reverse 400 years of history. And it seems like on the whole white America refuses to acknowledge this so it seems this is all futile.

Here is the most egregious case of black life being marginalized that I've ever seen. I don't know if I'm more pissed that it happened or that no one seems to care that it did, business as usual.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/autopsy-results-expected-woman-removed-hospital-35922002

I think this post might explain how crazy you are better than any other, I have some questions.....
Do you have more information surrounding this woman's death that was not provided?
Do you think what happened to her happened because she was black?
There really isn't much to go on with the lack of details in this story, how did you become so pissed?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 12:28:46 PM »
Spike Lee has a new film about guns making blacks shoot each other. On NBC this morning he told Toddchuck baby that he does not know why white people.are not outraged.  Really?????? Let's educate as to why.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2015, 01:10:57 PM »

I think this post might explain how crazy you are better than any other, I have some questions.....
Do you have more information surrounding this woman's death that was not provided?
There really isn't much to go on with the lack of details in this story, how did you become so pissed?

You need to do some serious introspection if someone dies in the course of being arrested for refusing to leave a hospital because she couldn't breathe and they wouldn't treat her; and that doesn't make you angry, race aside. And of course this happened to this woman because she was black. The hospital staff didn't/couldn't humanize this woman. If anyone could have seen this woman as their mother, grandmother, sister, aunt she wouldn't have died in handcuffs. In addition to not treating her, having her arrested just shows that they treated this woman like an animal, and why in the hell did the PD actually arrest her? She was a 57 year old woman with a blood clot in her lungs, how in the world could anyone feel threatened by her. It was disgusting that the hospital called the cops on her, it should be criminal that they put that woman in cuffs.

Of course this happened because this woman was black, I have no idea how anyone could logically think otherwise. You calling me crazy is hilarious, you should try to figure out what made you so intolerant and fix it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2015, 02:44:25 PM »
Black lives should matter just as much as any other lives. But, uh, harassing people and hurting businesses doesn't seem like a very effective way to get that message across. It appears that the BL Movement has been infiltrated by the same commie/fascist/anarchist elements that glom onto so many "progressive" causes.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2015, 02:54:39 PM »

You need to do some serious introspection if someone dies in the course of being arrested for refusing to leave a hospital because she couldn't breathe and they wouldn't treat her; and that doesn't make you angry, race aside. And of course this happened to this woman because she was black. The hospital staff didn't/couldn't humanize this woman. If anyone could have seen this woman as their mother, grandmother, sister, aunt she wouldn't have died in handcuffs. In addition to not treating her, having her arrested just shows that they treated this woman like an animal, and why in the hell did the PD actually arrest her? She was a 57 year old woman with a blood clot in her lungs, how in the world could anyone feel threatened by her. It was disgusting that the hospital called the cops on her, it should be criminal that they put that woman in cuffs.

Of course this happened because this woman was black, I have no idea how anyone could logically think otherwise. You calling me crazy is hilarious, you should try to figure out what made you so intolerant and fix it.

What is crazy is how many conclusions you jump to.
She died of a blood clot, they did not disclose why they called the cops on her (guessing it wasn't because she was black), we don't know if she was treated or not, did she have insurance? We don't know.  Does this facility treat the uninsured?  What kind of behavior got her in handcuffs?  I'm pretty sure nobody knew she had a blood clot in her lungs.  I don't know what happened here but calling the cops and arresting someone who is exhibitting irrational behavior is pretty normal regardless of skin pigment levels.

I'm not intolerant, and it is possible that there was something wrong here, but we certainly don't get enough info from the link unless you are crazy or somethin'

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2015, 03:12:12 PM »
Mir your inability to look at race impartially is similar to what we saw play out in Ferguson and it is sad because people that can't be impartial in their judgement expose themselves as not credible all too often.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 03:29:04 PM by gatoveintisiete »

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2015, 04:03:29 PM »

:lol:  If black people know black on black crime is a problem then why don't they stop it instead of just blaming and white people for their problems?  "Hey bro, did you know our lives matter?  Yes bro, now let's shoot each other"  I'm baffled you refuse to accept any accountability, but youre a racist and an idiot so I guess I shouldn't be surprised
@lopakman

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2015, 04:22:33 PM »

Black lives should matter just as much as any other lives. But, uh, harassing people and hurting businesses doesn't seem like a very effective way to get that message across.

What makes what they've done ineffective? Shutting down Michigan Avenue seems extremely effective. Something like a candlelight vigil somewhere on the south side seems incredibly ineffective.

They need to inconvenience people, otherwise no one will listen.