Author Topic: wisdow teeth pulled  (Read 3892 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
wisdow teeth pulled
« on: April 29, 2010, 02:13:08 PM »
I'm getting my Wisdom teeth pulled here soon. What kind of hell on earth can i prepare for??  :frown:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: wisdow teeth pulled
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 02:16:03 PM »
Not so bad :dunno:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 02:19:22 PM »

besides being extremely good smelling, how is your pain tolerance??
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 02:19:54 PM »
I'm getting my Wisdom teeth pulled here soon. What kind of hell on earth can i prepare for??  :frown:

No biggie. 

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 02:22:36 PM »
Steves right. I had this done and healed in a week. Only went through half my Oxy too. Those babies came in handy later... :lick:

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 02:22:51 PM »
Maybe spend an hour a day hitting your teeth up against a curb? I don't know but that's probably the best way to be honest... :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 02:23:03 PM »

besides being extremely good smelling, how is your pain tolerance??

Pretty terrible.  I hate pain.  As long as you keep taking whatever pills they give you every 6 hours or so you won't even notice it when not eating.  

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 02:27:28 PM »
True story.

My guy mumped mine up.  I woke up in the middle of it to the feeling of him cracking my rough ridin' teeth and bone apart.

They put me back under.

Later, I had big tooth chips stuck in my gumbs and got dry socket.  Worst pain I have ever experienced.  Way, way worse than wrecking the scoot, way worse than a couple bad burns.  Bad, bad stuff.

Horrifies me to this day.

Best of luck to you.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 02:30:24 PM »
True story.

My guy mumped mine up.  I woke up in the middle of it to the feeling of him cracking my rough ridin' teeth and bone apart.

They put me back under.

Later, I had big tooth chips stuck in my gumbs and got dry socket.  Worst pain I have ever experienced.  Way, way worse than wrecking the scoot, way worse than a couple bad burns.  Bad, bad stuff.

Best of luck to you.

:runaway:

Had somebody tell me THEY woke up in the middle too.

I would worry about this, but i've had 3 prior surgeries(knee and neck),and haven't had any issues with anesthesia. 
- chunkles

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 02:34:16 PM »
I got my wisdom teeth removed before they even came in.  Seemed like a good idea.  Didn't get put under, just took a magic happy pill and got some nitrous, and the doc made a few cuts, popped the little teethlets out, and sewed me back up.

Hurt later that day, took some more drugs, pain went away.  It seemed like for a month or two, at around 3:00 pm they would hurt again for awhile but then that went away.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 02:35:04 PM »
I was awake for all 4 of mine.  The only people(other than goEMAW'ers, evidently) that I have heard of being put all the way under are those who had to have theirs cut out by an oral surgeon.

Mine were all pulled.  A couple shots of Novocaine and a few bitten fingers later, I was filling my Rx and driving home.

Ate pizza that night.  Only took pain meds for a couple days.

No biggie.

Now, if you are having yours cut out, you are pretty much F'ed.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 02:39:02 PM »
I was awake for all 4 of mine.  The only people(other than goEMAW'ers, evidently) that I have heard of being put all the way under are those who had to have theirs cut out by an oral surgeon.

Mine were all pulled.  A couple shots of Novocaine and a few bitten fingers later, I was filling my Rx and driving home.

Ate pizza that night.  Only took pain meds for a couple days.

No biggie.

Now, if you are having yours cut out, you are pretty much F'ed.

1 is half way out. The other 3 still haven't popped out. I was told its better to have them removed before they show than after :dunno:
- chunkles

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 02:42:16 PM »
they pulled mine out like regular teeth with local anesthesia.  got some good pain killers for no good reason so it was awesome

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 02:45:59 PM »
I woke up while they were crusing mine too.  Was pretty meh about it because of the nitrous though. 

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 03:08:04 PM »
Had mine pulled on my 22nd Birthday.  I was put under and was pretty loopy on nitros afterwards.  But pain wasn't bad.  I did get dry sockets but did not realize it untill they would not heal up the right way and went back and had to pack them with gauze which sucked.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 03:10:16 PM »
Yeah, I had the dry sockets with gauze and all that.  Not that bad really.  :dunno:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 03:48:06 PM »
I was put under.  Woke up in the middle of it but just said some four letter words and passed out again.  Woke up with gauze in my mouth and felt high as crap.  Went home. Took pills, slept, ate mashed potatoes and pudding.  Was 100% in 3 or 4 days.  Only retards get dry socket. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 03:54:14 PM »
What happens if you don't get your wisdom teeth pulled?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 03:55:32 PM »
True story.

My guy fracked mine up.  I woke up in the middle of it to the feeling of him cracking my fracking teeth and bone apart.

They put me back under.

Best of luck to you.

i didn't even get put under. was awake for the whole thing. then they didn't give me any pain med or anything from what i remember. i was only 18. for about three hours (time that it took me to get them to write a script and have it filled) it was by far the worst pain i've ever been in. by far. i easily understood how someone would be in so much pain that they would want to kill themselves. some of the teeth also got trapped under the gums and within the next week the gums started to swell/grow up and over my other molars. had to wash w/ 50/50 water hydrogen peroxide and take a tooth brush and physically try to push the gums back down every couple of hours for a week. worst experience of my entire life.  :frown:

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 04:22:59 PM »
I just took a codeine and nitrous and talked to the oral surgeon about Pink Floyd while he was digging around in my mouth (They were having a lazer light show at Manhattan Town Center that weekend and he was thinking about going, or just wanted to shazbot! with me. He also had a picture of himself holding a fish he had just caught while the sun set pinned up to the ceiling where you look up in the chair. He was a super cool dude and did great work. Don't remember his name but his office was by Claflin and College.)

I went to a party that same night, drank plenty of beer, smoked plenty of cigarettes, never got dry sockets or anything.

All and all a pretty pleasant experience (hydrocodone).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:24:30 PM by wELLsculptedbrows »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 04:23:50 PM »
What happens if you don't get your wisdom teeth pulled?

could get infected down the road...at least that was what i was told. I guess mine were coming in sideways or some crap. They weren't hurting or anything, but i figured i'd get it outta the way.
- chunkles

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 04:28:58 PM »
Awake the whole time, don't be a pussy.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 04:55:38 PM »
My wife had hers cut out at the oral surgeon's office.  She was put under, and was ridic high when she came to.

We had to sit in the recovery room for about 30min before they would let me take her home. 

She was so high, she started talking EXTREMELY dirty in the recovery room.  The recovery room had no less than 2 nurses, 3 other patients, and 3 people like me to drive the other patients home.  Very shortly after starting, the nurses and other drivers were laughing their asses off at the things she was saying.

It was funny as hell, because she thought she was whispering.  In reality, she was loud as hell.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 08:41:40 PM »
My wife had hers cut out at the oral surgeon's office.  She was put under, and was ridic high when she came to.

We had to sit in the recovery room for about 30min before they would let me take her home. 

She was so high, she started talking EXTREMELY dirty in the recovery room.  The recovery room had no less than 2 nurses, 3 other patients, and 3 people like me to drive the other patients home.  Very shortly after starting, the nurses and other drivers were laughing their asses off at the things she was saying.

It was funny as hell, because she thought she was whispering.  In reality, she was loud as hell.

I am legitimately worried about that.  :ohno:
- chunkles

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 08:57:42 PM »
Did not bother me at all.  Only medicine I took was Tylenol for the pain.  Worst part is not being able to eat solid foods.  No matter how much apple sauce, ice cream, pudding, and jello I ate I could never get rid of the hunger pains :frown: