Author Topic: So there's a serial bomber in Austin (appears to be targeting minorities)  (Read 8577 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The fact that we built out vast powers of the state to bring to bear, predominantly targeting Muslims but affecting everyone, as part of our continuing "War On Terrorism" seems very relevant in how the term is used.  I don't think that expanding the use of the term is good and would actually prefer that we have a fundamental re-thinking of how effective our approach has been when counterbalancing the enormous privacy and due process rights that have been ceded to the government in the name of "terrorism."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
We're never getting the privacy rights back. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Depends on how outraged people get about Facebook et al.  But you are probably right.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

Depends on how outraged people get about Facebook et al.  But you are probably right.
Yeah facebook is one thing.  There may be some regs to stop that stuff from the private sector, but the NSA is here to stay (good slogan for the NSA btw)

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah facebook is one thing.  There may be some regs to stop that stuff from the private sector, but the NSA is here to stay (good slogan for the NSA btw)

Possible that Trump creates 25% of the population that hates it for dumb reasons to go with 25% that care about privacy and 4th amendment. Would take.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

Possible that Trump creates 25% of the population that hates it for dumb reasons to go with 25% that care about privacy and 4th amendment. Would take.
I think a good chunk (most?) of the population already doesn't like the NSA privacy overreaches.  I don't think they care enough to make a big enough issue of it to play on any kind of federal campaign trail though.  Representative democracy can be a huge pain in the ass sometimes.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick

Those are largely the same people. Need to convert the neocons (I think these are called RINOs now) and the big govt libtards (I think these are just regular democrats) and the neo-fascist democrats.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Those are largely the same people. Need to convert the neocons (I think these are called RINOs now) and the big govt libtards (I think these are just regular democrats) and the neo-fascist democrats.

Wyden and Paul are not the same ideologically, but they share a concern.  Someone like Dana Rohrbacher or Devin Nunes might get swept up in the deep state rhetoric though.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Wyden and Paul are not the same ideologically, but they share a concern.  Someone like Dana Rohrbacher or Devin Nunes might get swept up in the deep state rhetoric though.

Nunes has to be the biggest fucktard politician in congress right now. That guy is a total clown. The Lew (Liu?) guy is probably worse.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Who actually thought they had privacy on FB?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I would assume the type of person that uses FB  :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

I know plenty of bozos who are on FB that don't think they have privacy on there.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I know plenty of bozos who are on FB that don't think they have privacy on there.

Your typical simple-minded FB'er almost certainly thinks everything they designate as "private" is private. FB just so happens to have its own a unique definition of the word.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Your typical simple-minded FB'er almost certainly thinks everything they designate as "private" is private. FB just so happens to have its own a unique definition of the word.

Private from creepy weirdos who cruise FB looking for pics of girls sure, I assume everyone knows that FB itself sees everything and does whatever they want with it.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Private from creepy weirdos who cruise FB looking for pics of girls sure, I assume everyone knows that FB itself sees everything and does whatever they want with it.

The Cambridge Analytica news is a source of revenue for Facebook I had no idea of. I thought they manipulated what they knew about their users to promote advertisers not to give to advertisers to use on their platform.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Nice copy and paste, sys.  :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk