Author Topic: Are you boycotting Arizona?  (Read 14009 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Are you boycotting Arizona?
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »
Until we step up and create a decent way of life for those south of the border and give them an economy where they want to stay in their homeland anything we do is just pissing in the wind.   It's a real shame they don't have more oil and Muslims, we'd be all over the "helping".   

or create a legal framework that disincentivizes over-the-counter businesses hiring illegal immigrants.  you'd still get some, working black market labor, but the enormous number of illegals would recede.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Sugar Dick

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2010, 04:25:36 PM »
Until we step up and create a decent way of life for those south of the border and give them an economy where they want to stay in their homeland anything we do is just pissing in the wind.   It's a real shame they don't have more oil and Muslims, we'd be all over the "helping".   

or create a legal framework that disincentivizes over-the-counter businesses hiring illegal immigrants.  you'd still get some, working black market labor, but the enormous number of illegals would recede.

I did a project on this in college (writing in favor of the idea).  The more I read, the more I realized it was a complete horseshit idea.  Needs to be done, but won't do anything.  The Black Market and the Self Employed are the bulk of the illegals, and cheap labor is cheap labor its near impossible to enforce against.

Offline DILLIGAF

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2010, 04:30:53 PM »

I did a project on this in college (writing in favor of the idea).  The more I read, the more I realized it was a complete horseshit idea.  Needs to be done, but won't do anything.  The Black Market and the Self Employed are the bulk of the illegals, and cheap labor is cheap labor its near impossible to enforce against.

Just need some clarification, are the illegals working in industry, livestock slaughter for instance, not much compared to the total?  I'd think put severe penalties on any business found employing illegals could go a long way toward stopping the incentive to come to this country by eliminating jobs. 

Sugar Dick

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2010, 10:23:44 PM »

Just need some clarification, are the illegals working in industry, livestock slaughter for instance, not much compared to the total?  I'd think put severe penalties on any business found employing illegals could go a long way toward stopping the incentive to come to this country by eliminating jobs. 

You need to make the incentive to stay in Mexico better.  Making it harder for illegals ability to get sh*tty jobs doesn't make Mexico better than the US, it makes a Big Mac cost more.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2010, 10:50:38 PM »

You need to make the incentive to stay in Mexico better.  Making it harder for illegals ability to get sh*tty jobs doesn't make Mexico better than the US, it makes a Big Mac cost more.

Mexico can make the incentive to stay in Mexico better. Last I checked they were their own country. Why the hell would the USA spend a ton of money upgrading Mexico?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2010, 06:26:50 AM »

Mexico can make the incentive to stay in Mexico better. Last I checked they were their own country. Why the hell would the USA spend a ton of money upgrading Mexico?

To keep the Mexicans out.  That's is all we really want here, right?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2010, 09:29:35 AM »
I think we should put these gates all along our southern border.  That way only the most courageous and pure of heart immigrants would be able to enter the USA.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2010, 09:42:57 AM »

Didn't say the US should spend money there. 

Maybe they could make it so horrible to be poor, or an illegal alien in the U.S. that all the poor people and illegals go racing into Mexico.  Then it would be Mexico's problem.  The U.S. could start torturing drug runners, cancel all welfare programs, make prison an awful 6th century dungeon type place, shoot illegals on site, etc.  Go full on Draco.  [<--sarcasm] 

Basically, become 3/4 of the countries on the planet.  :dunno:

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2010, 11:05:51 AM »
My name is Haverhill, and my left-of-center political views will not keep me from boycotting Arizona. After last New Years Eve, I'd be "okay" with ISU going there every year for a bowl game.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2010, 12:43:19 PM »
My name is Haverhill, and my left-of-center political views will not keep me from boycotting Arizona. After last New Years Eve, I'd be "okay" with ISU going there every year for a bowl game.

Havs,

how does it feel holding the free world in the palm of your hand by living in the first primary state

are you aware that your state is directly responsible for voting a nazi communist pol pot kenyan malaysian into office

what are your thoughts on how worthless the ethanol lobby is

do iowans politely disagree with each other at political rallies or do they warm up the tractors and mow down their enemies

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »

Havs,

how does it feel holding the free world in the palm of your hand by living in the first primary state

are you aware that your state is directly responsible for voting a nazi communist pol pot kenyan malaysian into office

do iowans politely disagree with each other at political rallies or do they warm up the tractors and mow down their enemies

Hmmm, where do I start...

1) I really took advantage of the Iowa Caucuses, and met the following candidates at rallies and events: Hillary, Obama, Edwards, Richardson, Huckabee, McCain, Thompson,

2) I caucused for Obama, who you have called a Nazi, Communist, Pol Pot Kenyan/ Malaysian, who later reached the level of Presidency

3) All I know about ethanol is that my grandparents farm was sold when ethanol demand was rising; turns out to be a smart move.

4) There was shouting at my caucus site. However, everyone in the room knew they would vote Democrat regardless, so why mow down people who you would eventually be voting with??

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2010, 09:30:32 PM »

Havs,

Hmmm, where do I start...

1) I really took advantage of the Iowa Caucuses, and met the following candidates at rallies and events: Hillary, Obama, Edwards, Richardson, Huckabee, McCain, Thompson,

2) I caucused for Obama, who you have called a Nazi, Communist, Pol Pot Kenyan/ Malaysian, who later reached the level of Presidency

3) All I know about ethanol is that my grandparents farm was sold when ethanol demand was rising; turns out to be a smart move.

4) There was shouting at my caucus site. However, everyone in the room knew they would vote Democrat regardless, so why mow down people who you would eventually be voting with??

So. This is all your rough ridin' fault. How does it feel to soon be recognized as the person that destroyed the world?    :chainsaw: