Author Topic: Secret Societies  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Societies
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 02:31:32 PM »
I'm a member of the most secret society ever made.  We never meet in the same place twice, if you stop coming to meetings you are killed and if you forget a single word of the pledge we cut off a toe with a rusty pocket knife.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010, 10:35:53 AM »
I'm in an organization called The Oddfellows which gave me a small scholarship for each year of college.

It's pretty much a bunch of old guys about to croak that still try to make a difference. They forgot to recruit young people for about 20 years so it's all dying away now.

Is that the IOOF?

We have one in my home town.  Always wondered WTF they were all about. 

Also, are they technically secret, or is it that nobody really gives a crap about them?

Yeah, you'd be correct. That's the Independent Order of the Oddfellows. It's old school like the Masons. It's secretive in the fact that you have to have secret codes, and hand signals and stuff to get into any of the buildings, but it all varies by location. So needless to say, I don't even know the codes to get into the lodge that initiated me back home in South Dakota. Some lodges could give a crap about that, some are old school crazy about it. Just depends on the area.

But yes, basically no one really gives a crap about them because they have so many old people that they never do anything in the public anymore.
[

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010, 10:41:52 AM »
Bohemian Grove.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

The42Yardstick

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2010, 10:45:22 AM »
Our society mandates that you sing Denmark's Royal Anthem every time you stand up and sit down.