Author Topic: At anytime did Ron Prince ever make fans do a pledge?  (Read 20491 times)

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: At anytime did Ron Prince ever make fans do a pledge?
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2010, 02:02:09 PM »
They would of been better off keeping Mangino, and letting him beat their players than hiring Turner Gill who could barely succeed at the MAC level.  :lol: :lol:
EMAW

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2010, 05:26:15 PM »
Wave just hasn't been the same since Mangino was fired.  Heaven forbid a program fire a coach who lost seven straight games to finish off the season, and a coach who had one winning conference season in eight years.  At least give Gill a chance before you start comparing him to Ron Prince.  IIRC, Prince had no head coaching experience, and never won three national championships as an assistant. 

Just a heads up BMW, a coach who had one winning season in four years at a MAC school got promoted to your head coach.

Just sayin  :dunno:

That program had five wins total in the six seasons before Gill took over.  He won the conference by his third year.  Get some perspective, or GTFO.

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 05:48:34 PM »
Wave just hasn't been the same since Mangino was fired.  Heaven forbid a program fire a coach who lost seven straight games to finish off the season, and a coach who had one winning conference season in eight years.  At least give Gill a chance before you start comparing him to Ron Prince.  IIRC, Prince had no head coaching experience, and never won three national championships as an assistant. 

Just a heads up BMW, a coach who had one winning season in four years at a MAC school got promoted to your head coach.

That program had five wins total in the six seasons before Gill took over.  He won the conference by his third year.  Get some perspective, or GTFO.

So what BCS game did the Buffalo Bulls go to for winning their conference? I dont remember seeing them

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2010, 06:13:37 PM »

So what BCS game did the Buffalo Bulls go to for winning their conference? I dont remember seeing them

They didn't.  It's a garbage hire, and gets funnier everyday.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »
Quad Heeds, that sort of thing....  :fatty:

Just drive by his house and see if the fratton is in the yard with a space heater and a fan on it.  

THEREBIG!   :pbj:

real gooch. moontower. omg. it's really him. :runaway:

Who is the "gooch" who was at OKCPak then?  Another 'clams imposter situation?  :runaway:

I have a fake clams now  :blush:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2010, 09:48:52 PM »

That year they had a record that was tied for fourth in the conference, even though they were in the much easier division. Then they pretty much got lucky with every break in the title game.

He was at a mid-major.  If you don't completely suck as a coach, you'll be decent about every 4 years whe you have a couple stud players with experience.

^Perspective^

Anyways, if you're seriously happy with him, then good for you I guess.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2010, 11:16:32 PM »

They're not in a BCS conference, dumbass.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »

They didn't.  It's a garbage hire, and gets funnier everyday.

The guy hasn't even had a chance to coach at a BCS program, yet.  STFU, hater.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2010, 12:33:00 AM »
BMW, i understand you want to defend your coach and all, but come on..... He's a terrible hire and you know it. We all knew ron prince blew male genitals. Just stop denying it.
EMAW

The42Yardstick

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2010, 01:03:51 AM »
We all knew ron prince blew male genitals.

This is about as ridiculous as beems yelling about hating on an unproven coach, given that 90% of KU fans widely panned the Ron Prince hire at the onset. Hell, I was one of them. It took until 2007 to get KSU fans really soured on Prince. Before then, Prince was on the way to resurrecting the program in the eyes of EMAWs, even on ksufans.

I don't think that Gill is as nearly as full of crap as Prince, but he does seem to be jumping the shark on this whole morality thing. Then again, maybe he did that at Buffalo, and nobody heard about it because nobody covers Buffalo football. He could still be a damn good hire, or he could send KU back to wandering in the wilderness again. For me, I'd like to see Gill's in-game coaching for a few games for KU before passing judgment.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2010, 02:19:12 AM »
This is about as ridiculous as beems yelling about hating on an unproven coach, given that 90% of KU fans widely panned the Ron Prince hire at the onset. Hell, I was one of them. It took until 2007 to get KSU fans really soured on Prince. Before then, Prince was on the way to resurrecting the program in the eyes of EMAWs, even on ksufans.

I don't think that Gill is as nearly as full of crap as Prince, but he does seem to be jumping the shark on this whole morality thing. Then again, maybe he did that at Buffalo, and nobody heard about it because nobody covers Buffalo football. He could still be a damn good hire, or he could send KU back to wandering in the wilderness again. For me, I'd like to see Gill's in-game coaching for a few games for KU before passing judgment.

the biggest difference that i can see so far is prince brought in FreEMAW and was inheriting a fairly experienced team while Gill is starting with a bare cupboard and no big recruits.   at this point it is pretty rediculous to completely throw Gill under the bus, but outside of putting together a decent coaching staff (which prince also did his first season) i don't see a whole lot to be optimistic about just yet, at least not compared to any optimism felt in prince's first yr.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2010, 09:30:34 AM »
It took until 2007 to get KSU fans really soured on Prince. Before then, Prince was on the way to resurrecting the program in the eyes of EMAWs, even on ksufans.

Spring 2006 for some of us.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2010, 11:13:30 AM »
It took until 2007 to get KSU fans really soured on Prince. Before then, Prince was on the way to resurrecting the program in the eyes of EMAWs, even on ksufans.

I was all about giving him a chance until the first game.  Then he called a hail mary deep ball on his first play and I hated him.  Over the next year and a half I tried to talk my self back into liking him a few times, with varying success.  The lst year and a half I hated him...I hated him hard.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2010, 12:02:11 PM »

I was all about giving him a chance until the first game.  Then he called a hail mary deep ball on his first play and I hated him.  Over the next year and a half I tried to talk my self back into liking him a few times, with varying success.  The lst year and a half I hated him...I hated him hard.
I couldnt of said it better.
EMAW

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2010, 01:00:14 PM »

the biggest difference that i can see so far is prince brought in FreEMAW and was inheriting a fairly experienced team while Gill is starting with a bare cupboard and no big recruits.   at this point it is pretty rediculous to completely throw Gill under the bus, but outside of putting together a decent coaching staff (which prince also did his first season) i don't see a whole lot to be optimistic about just yet, at least not compared to any optimism felt in prince's first yr.

Gill isn't starting with a bare cupboard.  Mangino brought in some pretty good recruiting classes in his last couple years, with guys like McDougald, Opurum, Kande, etc.  KU returns most of its defense and its starting offensive line from last season.  If Kale Pick can add another dimension to the offense with his ability to scramble, I could see KU being pretty decent next season (anywhere from 6-6 to 8-4).  Keep in mind also that the schedule gets much easier next year with KU going back to the South rotation of Baylor, Oklahoma State, and Texas A&M.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2010, 01:06:38 PM »
Beems talent evaluation also led him to believe last year's ku second team could beat KSU.

Lols at Ben evaluating football talent.  The cupboard is bare in Lawrence.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2010, 01:23:48 PM »
Beems talent evaluation also led him to believe last year's ku second team could beat KSU.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/01/19/coaching.reportcard/index.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

Kansas (Turner Gill, Buffalo head coach): A

The former Nebraska star returns to the Big 12, where he will now go head-to-head with the Huskers. What Gill pulled off at Buffalo -- taking over the worst program in Division I-A, bar none, and leading it to a MAC title three years later -- is one of the most remarkable accomplishments of the past decade. And his ties to the Heartland should help elevate Kansas' recruiting profile.

------------

The cupboard is not bare, hater.  Think whatever you want, though.  No one is stopping you from looking like a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2010, 01:40:40 PM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/01/19/coaching.reportcard/index.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

The former Nebraska star returns to the Big 12, where he will now go head-to-head with the Huskers. What Gill pulled off at Buffalo -- taking over the worst program in Division I-A, bar none, and leading it to a MAC title three years later -- is one of the most remarkable accomplishments of the past decade. And his ties to the Heartland should help elevate Kansas' recruiting profile.

------------

The cupboard is not bare, hater.  Think whatever you want, though.  No one is stopping you from looking like a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
A MAC TITLE!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :runaway: :runaway:
EMAW

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2010, 01:48:02 PM »
Wave just hasn't been the same since Mangino was fired.  Heaven forbid a program fire a coach who lost seven straight games to finish off the season, and a coach who had one winning conference season in eight years.  At least give Gill a chance before you start comparing him to Ron Prince.  IIRC, Prince had no head coaching experience, and never won three national championships as an assistant.  

Just sayin  :dunno:

That program had five wins total in the six seasons before Gill took over.  He won the conference by his third year.  Get some perspective, or GTFO.

They're not in a BCS conference, dumbass.

That's my point you a$$ clown, let's get excited about a coach who won a title in some noname conference- I'd be excited too!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:54:28 PM by pc5k »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2010, 02:34:07 PM »

------------

Notre Dame's new head coach started in the MAC.  So did Urban Meyer.  Keep trying to diminish what Gill did at Buffalo, though.  I've come to expect nothing less from powerespect nation.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2010, 02:42:29 PM »
I see an account cancellation on the horizon.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »
I like how Beems calls us "haters" like we should be offended by it. I don't anyone here has denied hating UK.

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2010, 02:54:01 PM »

------------

Notre Dame's new head coach started in the MAC.  So did Urban Meyer.  Keep trying to diminish what Gill did at Buffalo, though.  I've come to expect nothing less from powerespect nation.

Urban Meyer coached and won a BCS game while he was at Utah- kinda like Mark Mangino did at KU, but I gues Gill will be better than Mangino- right?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2010, 02:58:14 PM »

------------

Many good coaches have come from being assistants in the ACC too, but Ron Prince still sucked...

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2010, 03:45:44 PM »
Turner Gill....... :lol:
EMAW