Author Topic: At anytime did Ron Prince ever make fans do a pledge?  (Read 20497 times)

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: At anytime did Ron Prince ever make fans do a pledge?
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »
I'll take a recent BCS Bowl victory and three out of the last four wins over one bowl in six years any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'll take 14 of the last 17 (kinda guessing on that) over 3 of 4.  I would also take a conference championship over a BCS win (provided its not the title game) and no conf championship appearances.  So I guess we're both happy with what we got.

Yeah, you guessed wrong.  KU won in '04, '06, '07, and '08.  KU also leads the all-time series 65-37. 

So 13 of 17?  Not bad

Why stop at 17?  How about 37 of 102?  Or maybe we could just shorten it to 2 out of 6? 

I think that we can all agree that when it comes to programs that aren't in the top 10 historically, "all time series" numbers are ridiculous.  It's about how well you have done during the lifetime of potential recruits and their parents.

KU basketball enjoys this exemption, because they are a top 10 basketball program historically.  So, even if KSU rattled off a series of MBB wins, KU would still recruit very well because they have quite a bit to hang their hat on.  Similarly, just because KU won a couple in football under a now infamously dirty coach, it doesn't really count for that much because over the course of recruits and their parents lives, KSU has been vastly better at football.

You'll see, it will play out that way (in football) over the next five years.  Trust me.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2010, 08:54:43 PM »
Bunch of assistants who got a better pay day today, and will be looking for a better opportunity tomorrow if they have an inkling of success at ku.  the ones with bcs experience aren't going to hang around and work for that guy.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2010, 09:29:03 PM »
I'll take a recent BCS Bowl victory and three out of the last four wins over one bowl in six years any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'll take 14 of the last 17 (kinda guessing on that) over 3 of 4.  I would also take a conference championship over a BCS win (provided its not the title game) and no conf championship appearances.  So I guess we're both happy with what we got.

Yeah, you guessed wrong.  KU won in '04, '06, '07, and '08.  KU also leads the all-time series 65-37. 

So 13 of 17?  Not bad

Why stop at 17?  How about 37 of 102?  Or maybe we could just shorten it to 2 out of 6? 

Because those favor you.  Therefore, I like my way better.  Also, mine exists within my lifetime, during a time period that I went to games and what not.

Curious as to KU's record against during the time period you want to games.  I'm guessing pretty close to 4-2.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2010, 12:20:03 AM »

So 13 of 17?  Not bad

Because those favor you.  Therefore, I like my way better.  Also, mine exists within my lifetime, during a time period that I went to games and what not.

Curious as to KU's record against during the time period you want to games.  I'm guessing pretty close to 4-2.

KU was 4-1 against K-State in football during my time at KU.  The only loss was in '05, in another low scoring fluke of a win for K-State.

:dunno:

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2010, 12:29:38 AM »
does, "dod" mean anything to you BMW
EMAW

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2010, 07:08:16 AM »
KU was 4-1 against K-State in football during my time at KU.  The only loss was in '05, in another low scoring fluke of a win for K-State.

That's very good timing Beems.  Congrats

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2010, 08:07:58 AM »

So 13 of 17?  Not bad

I guess being 0-4 vs K-State when I was at KU is why I am a k-state fan.   :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2010, 10:10:37 AM »
I don't think ku even crossed the 50 in my 4 years.

The asst coaches are decent.  Long is just filthy and dirty enough to offset Gill's over the top, bible in-your-faceness.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2010, 10:21:33 AM »
during my 4 years at kstate, Cats went 4-0 with a total score of 181-41.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2010, 11:24:37 AM »
Hiring Gill is the equivlant to taking Tebow in the first round.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2010, 03:17:05 PM »

So 13 of 17?  Not bad

I guess being 0-4 vs K-State when I was at KU is why I am a k-state fan.   :dunno:

KU lost to K-State twice in football and basketball combined during my time at KU.  I was also able to enjoy an Orange Bowl and a National Championship during that same time period. 

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2010, 04:51:58 PM »
cool
EMAW

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2010, 06:10:17 PM »
KU lost to K-State twice in football and basketball combined during my time at KU.  I was also able to enjoy an Orange Bowl and a National Championship during that same time period. 

Good resume builder.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2010, 06:11:38 PM »

Good resume builder.

Jealousy noted.

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2010, 06:25:15 PM »

Good resume builder.

Jealousy noted.

The 'jealousy noted' defense mechanism has been beaten to death.  Just give it up.

/in b4 'jealousy noted'

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2010, 06:29:51 PM »

Good resume builder.

Jealousy noted.

Fitz? 

Please respond to this by calling me a hater. 

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2010, 09:34:03 PM »

Good resume builder.

Jealousy noted.

Fitz? 

Please respond to this by calling me a hater. 

Somebody in the Creepster thread did mention that Fitz and BMW have never been seen in the same place at the same time. The evidence is mounting up.  :runaway:

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2010, 09:24:10 AM »
Turner Gill was an incredible reach and an incredible gamble hire.  I am not sure how anybody can debate it.  His resume is weak and unimpressive.  He does seem like a guy that can motivate and the players seem to "like him"  We will see which way works better.  I have always been under the belief system that football coaches are not your "friend" and with that many kids in one team, it goes from being a "friend" to walking all over somebody very quickly.  I think Turner's pledge is hokey.  I think his chants and acronyms are sophomoric and will not work long  term.   He does have some good assistants who have shown the ability to recruit at other places.  We will see if that translates to Lawrence.  I will tell you what I have told everybody.  I hope this experiment works.  My confidence level on it, however, is somewhere around 2 out of 10.   There are too many red flags already. 

I have never been so pissed to be right in my life.  T. Gill = abortion of a football coach.

Some good BMW quotes for you all to digest in this beauty.

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2010, 09:37:51 AM »
Turner Gill was an incredible reach and an incredible gamble hire.  I am not sure how anybody can debate it.  His resume is weak and unimpressive.  He does seem like a guy that can motivate and the players seem to "like him"  We will see which way works better.  I have always been under the belief system that football coaches are not your "friend" and with that many kids in one team, it goes from being a "friend" to walking all over somebody very quickly.  I think Turner's pledge is hokey.  I think his chants and acronyms are sophomoric and will not work long  term.   He does have some good assistants who have shown the ability to recruit at other places.  We will see if that translates to Lawrence.  I will tell you what I have told everybody.  I hope this experiment works.  My confidence level on it, however, is somewhere around 2 out of 10.   There are too many red flags already. 

I have never been so pissed to be right in my life.  T. Gill = abortion of a football coach.

Pretty sure the T. Gill pledge forbids you from thinking or talking about abortions of any sort.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2010, 09:41:41 AM »
When will moonbeams return:
• When Shelby is declared eligible.
• When the sqwawks are "more competitive" for three quarters  that K-State against a common opponent.
• When K-State loses.
• When BB season starts.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2010, 10:54:07 PM »

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2010, 11:06:25 PM »

Does less than one game count?