Author Topic: Interesting John, very, very interesting . . .  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting John, very, very interesting . . .
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2015, 01:38:51 PM »

OK ksuw

if he's genuine, he's lost it. It's fascinating to watch.

Good, substantive points, libtards.

there is nothing substantive to discuss ITT, beyond your descent into a bizarre paranoid state.

I present example after example of how radical Islam is a problem, made worse by importing huge blocks of Muslims that don't assimilate. You response "bizarre paranoid state." Gotcha. Can't make you think, Rusty. Just continue burying your head in the sand.

Even if radical islam was something Americans needed to be afraid of, the refugees are trying to get away from radical Islam! If they wanted to be terrorists they could just join ISIS.

First, by all means let the Christians in, who ISIS will kill.

Second, just because the Muslims want to get away from a war torn region doesn't mean they reject radical Islam. Any more than liberals who flee shitty liberal-run states stop being liberals.

Ah yes, the ole religious test, a tried and true American institution, something our Constitution looks very favorably upon.

The Constitution doesn't haven't anything to do with people who aren't citizens.

You're telling me the Constitution looks favorably on religious tests in the American political system?  I could have sworn I read otherwise.

Also the Constitution does apply to people in the US who are not citizens. Sooo.....those facts.....

Please show me exactly where I said that dumbass.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2015, 01:40:10 PM »

OK ksuw

there is nothing substantive to discuss ITT, beyond your descent into a bizarre paranoid state.

I present example after example of how radical Islam is a problem, made worse by importing huge blocks of Muslims that don't assimilate. You response "bizarre paranoid state." Gotcha. Can't make you think, Rusty. Just continue burying your head in the sand.

Even if radical islam was something Americans needed to be afraid of, the refugees are trying to get away from radical Islam! If they wanted to be terrorists they could just join ISIS.

Second, just because the Muslims want to get away from a war torn region doesn't mean they reject radical Islam. Any more than liberals who flee shitty liberal-run states stop being liberals.

Ah yes, the ole religious test, a tried and true American institution, something our Constitution looks very favorably upon.

The Constitution doesn't haven't anything to do with people who aren't citizens.

You're telling me the Constitution looks favorably on religious tests in the American political system?  I could have sworn I read otherwise.

Also the Constitution does apply to people in the US who are not citizens. Sooo.....those facts.....

Additionally, the Constitution does not apply to people outside of the US who aren't citizens.  Which is exactly who these refugees are. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2015, 01:41:41 PM »

OK ksuw

You're the one tossing out stuff that is on its face false.  I'm not sure where your scatter shot posting is heading.  But it's great your attacking me about whether or not religious tests for entry are un-American and not the people demanding they happen. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2015, 01:44:49 PM »

OK ksuw

You're the one tossing out stuff that is on its face false.  I'm not sure where your scatter shot posting is heading.  But it's great your attacking me about whether or not religious tests for entry are un-American and not the people demanding they happen.

Nothing I tossed out was false, and even if it were, that doesn't make it okay to say I said something I very clearly did not say, especially considering all one would have to do is look up and see exactly what I said. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2015, 01:52:28 PM »

OK ksuw

Nothing I tossed out was false, and even if it were, that doesn't make it okay to say I said something I very clearly did not say, especially considering all one would have to do is look up and see exactly what I said.

Well it's false on face that the Constitution doesn't apply to non-citizens.  You could have been more specific and said outside the US, which would be accurate.  But you didn't so by that omission you included in the US as well.  Now if you want to amend your statement that is fine.  The greater point here though is that religious tests of any sort for access to the body politic in America are inherently un-American.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2015, 05:51:55 PM »
Arrogant dumb bastard, Kerry.   People like to crap.  Justification why the  morons voted for your boss.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2015, 08:15:38 PM »
Woah, how did I miss this whole exchange where Edna plays Constitutional Scholar? Evidently, he is not aware that federal law on both asylum and refugee status explicitly takes religion into consideration. As well it should. Christians are in far greater danger of imminent harm from ISIS.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2015, 10:14:51 PM »
federal law on both asylum and refugee status explicitly takes religion into consideration. As well it should. Christians are in far greater danger of imminent harm from ISIS.

with a quota of just 100k, i doubt there'll be any room left for christians, if accepted on a gradient of most endangered by isis.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2015, 09:10:15 AM »
Woah, how did I miss this whole exchange where Edna plays Constitutional Scholar? Evidently, he is not aware that federal law on both asylum and refugee status explicitly takes religion into consideration. As well it should. Christians are in far greater danger of imminent harm from ISIS.

Total misrepresentation of how religion factors into status.  Which by your logic and misinterpretation we wouldn't need Jeb's plan of putting them at the front of the line. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2015, 11:33:06 AM »
does dax really read that quote and think Kerry was lauding the hebdo episode?

No. Ksuw does tho

"Lauding?" Of course not. Excusing? Yeah - he got about halfway there and then realized "oh eff, I better fix this."

John Kerry, just like the libtards in this thread, don't seem to understand that the attacks against Charlie Hebdo were no more or less random or justified than the Paris attacks. You think it's just drawing a cartoon of their warlord pedophile prophet that pisses off these radical Islamists? I've got news for you. Pretty much everything about "the west" pisses them off. It's all "targeted."
I think instead of "excusing" the word your looking for is "explaining."  Also notable is that (at least from my understanding), the Hebdo attack was mostly carried out by Al-Qaeda, whose "foreign policy" is different than that of ISIS. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2015, 11:57:29 AM »
I think instead of "excusing" the word your looking for is "explaining."  Also notable is that (at least from my understanding), the Hebdo attack was mostly carried out by Al-Qaeda, whose "foreign policy" is different than that of ISIS.

interestingly, yes, but one of the principals reputed to be involved was from the same group (10 years ago).

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/12/-sp-charlie-hebdo-attackers-kids-france-radicalised-paris
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2015, 01:43:50 PM »

federal law on both asylum and refugee status explicitly takes religion into consideration. As well it should. Christians are in far greater danger of imminent harm from ISIS.

with a quota of just 100k, i doubt there'll be any room left for christians, if accepted on a gradient of most endangered by isis.

Plus wasn't there something about the previous quota being 75k? So only 25k more?
:adios: