Author Topic: Bad fans thread- K-State Edition  (Read 5706 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bad fans thread- K-State Edition
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2015, 02:08:47 PM »
I mean, ISU has had two coaches in the last 20 years, and both have been absolutely terrible at their jobs. but they're going to support a crap product because that's the ISU thing to do. it's disgusting. they are really terrible people.

Its true, but the crazy thing is those 2 coaches still combined for the best stretch that Iowa State football has ever seen from 2000-2012. No Iowa State fan has literally ever seen a better decade+ of football than that.
That is god damn depressing.

To be fair, Earl oscar had three 8 wins seasons in a row in the 70s before leaving for Ohio State. Dan McCarney had one 9 win season in 2000 and Johnny Majors had an 8 win season in 1972. Before that to find 8 or more wins you have to go back to 1906. I suppose it could be argued that the stretch of four 8 wins seasons with 4 bowls over 9 seasons in the 70s was better than the McCarney/Rhoads run with 8 bowls with six 7 win seasons in the 00s, especially since there are many more bowl games now.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2015, 02:27:10 PM »
Wow. I still enjoy teams when they are bad, but part of that enjoyment comes from not having to share the experience with a bunch of other fans. Can't even do that at ISU.

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2015, 02:29:15 PM »
Happy fans are all alike; every unhappy fan is unhappy in its own way.

Fanna Karenina -- that there is some top-shelf posting.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2015, 02:37:34 PM »
DNR most of this thread but the absolute worst fans in all of sports are the ones that want everyone to show full support for losing programs. it takes some kind of incredible dumbass to not realize that doing that causes your team to suck forever. look at iowa state as an example. they are very good at supporting completely crap coaches and teams no matter what. and because of that paul rhoads is still their coach. if you want a good product you better be prepared to force the issue.

There was a unique version of this in Royals fans who came out of the woodwork to tell you how they went to every game from 2000-2012.  I was like "why? that's dumb.  You are the reason we kept Allard for so long.  Thanks jerkoff"

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2015, 03:01:54 PM »
The narrative I'm getting is that fair weather fans are responsible for a team's success.

Interesting, if true.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2015, 03:09:36 PM »
Partially, yes.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2015, 03:12:04 PM »
@winters should beat that dork up.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2015, 03:15:26 PM »
Fans jumping on a bandwagon (and buying tickets leading to a bunch of sellouts) are reflective of a team's success.

Fans not showing up for a Thursday night game (even though they already bought tickets) after a 4 game losing streak are also reflective of a team's success.

Its not that hard.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2015, 03:17:34 PM »
Fans jumping on a bandwagon (and buying tickets leading to a bunch of sellouts) are reflective of a team's success.

Fans not showing up for a Thursday night game (even though they already bought tickets) after a 4 game losing streak are also reflective of a team's success.

Its not that hard.

As recently as 2014 I could buy Royals tickets on stubhub in the lower level for under $8. Now I can't get postseason tickets for 2016 unless I upgrade to a 41 game ticket package. Its how it goes.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2015, 03:26:39 PM »
Wow. I still enjoy teams when they are bad, but part of that enjoyment comes from not having to share the experience with a bunch of other fans. Can't even do that at ISU.

This, part of the enjoyment of going to games when the Royals where bad was getting great seats for cheap, having no one around but friends/family and having no real care whether they won or not. I have a KU fan friend who says the same thing about going to the occasional KU football game and my dad talks about KState football games in the 70s that way.

Having a bunch of people around for a poor/mediocre team sucks.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2015, 06:39:35 PM »
Am I a bad fan if I quit reading Riley's article before I was half way thru?

Tom

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2015, 06:43:58 PM »

Tom

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2015, 07:04:24 PM »
All part of the agenda, start placing "family" above on field success.   Then you can guilt trip people.

I fully expect to see a slogan like:  "we don't win anything but we're the most fiscally responsible family in college athletics" in the next year or so at current pace.

You mean like the basketball ticket flyer/packet this year that had "family" all over it and said "it's not about wins and losses" on the cover?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2015, 07:21:54 PM »

Tom
gj to op for bolding the best part