Author Topic: The Death of Free Speech: Uber PC'ism-A further look  (Read 135811 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Death of Free Speech: Uber PC'ism-A further look
« Reply #1525 on: June 04, 2021, 08:20:23 AM »
I feel compelled to again state that the Federalist Society is not some shady, Q-anon-esque organization.

I thought they were republicans.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: June 04, 2021, 08:25:35 AM »
I feel compelled to again state that the Federalist Society is not some shady, Q-anon-esque organization.

I mean, they are certainly moving that direction though. but that's not unique to them unfortunately.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: June 04, 2021, 10:05:51 AM »

I mean, they are certainly moving that direction though. but that's not unique to them unfortunately.

When I was in school they were quite admirable and I was very good friend with several members, went to a few meetings and crushed brews.  ANYONE who says they aren't becoming whiney ass trumpers now versus then is a legit liar.   The shift to trumpism is very well illustrated in the stanford crying their asses off because they got teased situation

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: June 04, 2021, 11:16:07 AM »
Fun DQ law school fact:

I was a member of the Black Law Students Association, but not the Federalist Society!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: June 04, 2021, 11:17:48 AM »
https://thefederalist.com/author/joshhawley/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: June 04, 2021, 11:45:13 AM »
as I was saying

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: June 04, 2021, 11:58:47 AM »

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/12/sen-josh-hawley-the-left-wants-a-civil-war/

Perfectly normal, moderate stuff, not the least bit radical or intentionally inflammatory and divisive

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: June 04, 2021, 12:53:22 PM »
I feel like The Federalist Society is as close as you can get these days to a White Students Association.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: June 04, 2021, 04:31:33 PM »

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/12/sen-josh-hawley-the-left-wants-a-civil-war/

Perfectly normal, moderate stuff, not the least bit radical or intentionally inflammatory and divisive

my point gains momentum

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: June 06, 2021, 06:39:26 PM »
Really the only side I’ve seen with a consistent stance on free speech is probably the ACLU.

interesting article.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1401659159230267392
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Death of Free Speech: Uber PC'ism-A further look
« Reply #1535 on: June 06, 2021, 09:24:41 PM »
Well that would be a disappointment. Conceptually at least.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: June 25, 2021, 01:35:58 PM »
Yeah Peterson has a lot of good things to say but he's also says a bunch of weirdo stuff and does weirdo things and isn't exactly someone anyone should try to imitate. 

If you can filter out the batshit stuff, what's left is great.

Do as I say (well, the good stuff at least), not as I do is a real thing imo.
I think there are probably a lot of people that do and say good stuff worth listening to that also do or say bad stuff that isn't worth listening to.  I don't think the bad stuff wholly invalidates the value of the good stuff.
I was listening to a Peterson Bible Series lecture today (which are really fun tbh), and he was talking about Adam and Eve and going real in depth with all his crazy stuff, and I found one of his points really interesting.  Basically he's talking about when God talks to Adam after he eats the fruit.  This is why I think people who painted him as some incel apologist got him so wrong:

I love this part of the story. It’s so funny, and we could use a little humor at this point. "And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And Adam said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked." So, in case there was any doubt about that, that's why. "And God said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Did you eat of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that you should not eat?" This is where Adam shows himself in all his post-fall, heroic glory: "And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat."

So that's man. Again, there's a modern feminist interpretation of the story of Adam and Eve that makes the claim that Eve was portrayed as the universal bad guy of humanity for disobeying God and eating the apple. It’s like, fair enough. It looks like she slipped up, and then she tempted her husband, and that makes her even worse—although, he was foolish enough to immediately eat, so it just means that she was a little more courageous than him and got there first.

It’s Adam who comes across as really one sad creature in this story, as far as I'm concerned. Look at what he manages in one sentence: First of all, it wasn’t him; it was the woman. Second, he even blames God! It wasn’t just the woman— "and you gave her to me! And she gave me of the tree, and I did eat." It’s like, hey, Adam’s all innocent—except now, not only is he naked, disobedient, cowardly, and ashamed, he’s also a snivelling, backbiting fink. He rats her out like the second he gets the opportunity, and then he blames God. That’s exactly right. You go online, and you read the commentary that men write about women when they're resentful and bitter about women. It’s so interesting. It’s like, it’s not me: it’s those bitches. It’s not me: it’s them—and not only that, but what a bloody world this is in which they exist. It’s exactly the same thing. It’s exactly the same thing, and it is absolutely pathetic.
I think that's a pretty brutal takedown of incels tbh.  Anyway, his lecture series on the old testament is really good.  He makes some pretty out-there claims, but he really makes you appreciate these paragraphs-long stories that are the bedrock of a lot of our civilization and offer a lot of universal truths thousands of years later.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: June 25, 2021, 04:57:56 PM »
STUPID AIRLINE TERMS ARE CANCELLED!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: June 25, 2021, 05:36:58 PM »
Is that graphic from 1987? Haven't those terms been used for decades?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: June 25, 2021, 07:11:02 PM »

My planes will only be driven by airmen, none of this "pilot" bullshit.

Kind of surprised they didn't lament the end of "stewardess" tbh

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: June 26, 2021, 06:13:38 AM »

My planes will only be driven by airmen, none of this "pilot" bullshit.

Kind of surprised they didn't lament the end of "stewardess" tbh
Mr. Belding’s brother, Rod, LOVES stewardesses.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 16, 2021, 11:45:00 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 16, 2021, 12:11:37 PM »
How to say you've never heard of Google Fiber without saying it or typing it (Or understand the ubiquity of Google Cloud Services for that matter)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: September 16, 2021, 12:50:05 PM »
How to say you've never heard of Google Fiber without saying it or typing it (Or understand the ubiquity of Google Cloud Services for that matter)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: September 16, 2021, 03:22:12 PM »

How to say you don't understand regulated public utilities and common carrier status in one post.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: September 16, 2021, 07:10:25 PM »

How to say you don't understand regulated public utilities and common carrier status in one post.

How to show you didn't read the original tweet in two posts (and no doubt more to come)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 02, 2021, 07:56:42 PM »
this board has me scrounging linkedin for more content but did not see this one coming today

BIG NEWS: Yesterday, the one and only Dr. Jordan Peterson stopped by my house to record an episode of The Diary Of A CEO 🤯 one of the most emotional moving episodes in our history.

We discussed everything from business, life, remote working, the metaverse, how to set better goals, how to become self aware, how to build confidence, purpose, meaning, how he would have handled the last two years if he was in charge, the importance of avoiding the temptation to label yourself anything and much much much more… at the very end, Jordan broke down in tears when I asked him the simple question “How are you doing?”… his answer to that quaestuon was “Brilliant and Terribly” I asked him why, and his answer was not what I was expecting 🤯 😔

Hit the subscribe button to get notified when this one drops 👉🏽 https://lnkd.in/ea-9AqPb 🙏🏽

:frown:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 02, 2021, 08:12:31 PM »
is he still drugged up?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 02, 2021, 08:17:03 PM »
is he still drugged up?
I did not click the link and am not taking on additional Jordan Peterson research

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 02, 2021, 08:45:42 PM »
max cringe guy