Author Topic: turning 21 in vegas???  (Read 3343 times)

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
turning 21 in vegas???
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:36:35 PM »
so my cousin planned out a trip to vegas at the end of may and we will be getting there the day before she turns 21. The problem is, that after making all of the reservations she found out that none of the 21 year old places will accept an invalid id. she wont be able to get her license renewed before her birthday and vegas doesn't accept paper copies.... Im sure that she isnt the first one to turn 21 in vegas and face this problem. advice? TIA

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: turning 21 in vegas???
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
Circus Circus

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 09:03:17 PM »

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 09:43:43 PM »
I know some girls that just went to Vegas and one of them turned 21 there. She didn't have any issues I don't think

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:45:12 PM »
My advice.  Get a hold of this stuff.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »
I wasn't aware "Vegas" was some monolithic entity.  She will be able to gamble and drink.  Would not over-stress about this.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 10:12:44 PM »
How does turning 21 invalidate your ID?  I could see this being a prob if her renew date was this year.  However, if it isn't, I don't see how her license would be invalid.

What am I missing?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 10:29:43 PM »
How does turning 21 invalidate your ID?  I could see this being a prob if her renew date was this year.  However, if it isn't, I don't see how her license would be invalid.

What am I missing?
[/quote

Hmm, I think I remember my expiration date being on my 21st, but i was still able to go the bars and liquor stores and stuff  :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 10:33:53 PM »

What am I missing?
[/quote

Hmm, I think I remember my expiration date being on my 21st, but i was still able to go the bars and liquor stores and stuff  :dunno:

I don't think they do expire on your 21st, unless your 4-6 year renewal interval falls on that year.  Your B day is usually the date of expiration.  KS ID's used to only be good for 4 yrs, about 7-8 yrs ago, they let you buy up to 6 yrs. 

I could be wrong.  Don't work for the DMV, although a friend of mine used to make fakes out of my dorm room.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 10:51:36 PM »
I'm not understanding why the current DL would be expiring or invalid either, but if it is for some reason, get a non-DL ID card at the DL place.  

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 11:37:31 PM »
I'm not understanding why the current DL would be expiring or invalid either, but if it is for some reason, get a non-DL ID card at the DL place.  

IIRC, the expiration date on pre-20-year-old person's license is the date of their 20th birthday and the expiration date for that license is the date of their 21st birthday.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 11:41:55 PM »

IIRC, the expiration date on pre-20-year-old person's license is the date of their 20th birthday and the expiration date for that license is the date of their 21st birthday.

Correct

FYI I will be in Vegas at the end of may for a bachelor party. Does your cousin put out? TIA

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 11:48:07 PM »

This. I just checked my old id and that is correct.

Edit: I kept my old ID for a few weeks after I turned 21 since I had my license revoked for and MIP a month before my bday  :bang:

Still worked tho
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:54:08 PM by pike »

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 07:39:29 AM »
fwiw it's illegal to carry an expired ks dl.  You might want to rethink your strategy, and go get your dl renewed before you leave.  dumbass.  you can renew early.  quit being a.      dumbass.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 07:53:59 AM »
fwiw it's illegal to carry an expired ks dl.  You might want to rethink your strategy, and go get your dl renewed before you leave.  dumbass.  you can renew early.  quit being a.      dumbass.
the issue was resolved.... 1. my dl, as well as hers expired/expires on the day of the 21st birthday. the dmv sends a little paper in the mail that says its valid for 40 days afterwards, but its a pretty crappity piece of paper and looks nothing like a legitimate state document. anywho... a friend apparently faced this same problem but took that paper with him and was fine almost everywhere, but a few places he had to use the paper and sweet talk his way into. thanks for the help though everyone

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 08:13:02 AM »

what about carrying someone else's expired dl?  not for faking purposes though. The wife and I have a standing practice of carrying each other's expired DL's. A few cops have seen it behind mine when I've pulled out mine before and never said anything about it.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 08:19:25 AM »

what about carrying someone else's expired dl?  not for faking purposes though. The wife and I have a standing practice of carrying each other's expired DL's. A few cops have seen it behind mine when I've pulled out mine before and never said anything about it.
my guess is that it is illegal to have any expired identification in your possession.  cops probably didn't care enough to question what the other id was.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 08:26:34 AM »
maybe get her to try and grow a beard. people look older w/ facial hair. :two cents:

Offline LynchMob

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 02:16:53 PM »
I'm doing this same thing for my 21st at the end of June. I've heard something like this, but hopefully won't have a problem.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 12:58:44 PM »
IF she is hot, no problem.

Otherwise, should probably to to Silver Dollar City or something more her speed.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 01:01:35 PM »

Otherwise, should probably to to Silver Dollar City or something more her speed.

Related Question:  How many t-shirts and sweatshirts is she taking?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 01:08:59 PM »

Related Question:  How many t-shirts and sweatshirts is she taking?

Also related:  bikini or one piece?