Author Topic: Baylor thread,official or not  (Read 27327 times)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Baylor thread,official or not
« Reply #350 on: November 06, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »
In listening to the post game on the way out of the lot, someone asked Bill about Shelley just missing an interception when trying to jump a route.  Bill insisted it wasn't Shelley and was someone else.  It gave me DSams postgame flashbacks.
@mikec2w

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 06, 2015, 02:27:07 PM »
the only thing that pissed me off last night was our AD announcing attendance of 52,100

That was the sold tickets number. Did you want them to announce 45,000?
Announcing an "attendance" of 52k last night makes us look like idiots.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 06, 2015, 02:31:40 PM »
Currie treats us like a bunch of brainwashed North Koreans. What's sad is these tactics work on a large portion of our fans.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 06, 2015, 02:35:23 PM »
Throwing it away is a flag though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No it isn't, he just wouldn't be subjected to the same out of pocket grounding rules as the qb. He could have overthrew the receiver and been fine.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 06, 2015, 02:37:45 PM »
well, it is one of our talking points when we make fun of KU's AD.  Now they can throw it back in our faces.

I mean if you can't differentiate between 7,000 empties and 20,000 I can't help you.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 06, 2015, 02:39:01 PM »
In listening to the post game on the way out of the lot, someone asked Bill about Shelley just missing an interception when trying to jump a route.  Bill insisted it wasn't Shelley and was someone else.  It gave me DSams postgame flashbacks.

Hmmm... he got Cook right.  Do all black people look alike to LHC Bill Snyder?  That wouldn't really explain confusing Sams and H3O.  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 06, 2015, 02:44:44 PM »
the only thing that pissed me off last night was our AD announcing attendance of 52,100

You're right, to the roughly dozen people in the world who portend to care about such things but don't understand that announcing tickets sold is standard for 99.99% of athletic entities. The other .01% uses estimates. Look man, we have already announced a season sellout, because we have a season sellout. Going into this game they were only selling SRO's. They had no choice but to announce tickets sold completely ignoring that is what is always done virtually everywhere. You can get mad about it but, frankly it's tough crap, tell the KU fans that are talking about it that it was a tickets sold number and 5k-7k staying home isn't really a big deal.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 06, 2015, 02:46:50 PM »

Hmmm... he got Cook right.  Do all black people look alike to LHC Bill Snyder?  That wouldn't really explain confusing Sams and H3O.  :dunno:

I'm guessing he was distracted during the play in question.  Maybe playing 20 questions with Dana over the headset?  :dunno:
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 06, 2015, 02:57:40 PM »

I'm guessing he was distracted during the play in question.  Maybe playing 20 questions with Dana over the headset?  :dunno:

Snyder's headset isn't programmed to be connected to the other coaches.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 06, 2015, 03:01:29 PM »

You're right, to the roughly dozen people in the world who portend to care about such things but don't understand that announcing tickets sold is standard for 99.99% of athletic entities. The other .01% uses estimates. Look man, we have already announced a season sellout, because we have a season sellout. Going into this game they were only selling SRO's. They had no choice but to announce tickets sold completely ignoring that is what is always done virtually everywhere. You can get mad about it but, frankly it's tough crap, tell the KU fans that are talking about it that it was a tickets sold number and 5k-7k staying home isn't really a big deal.

The way to go is to put down their 52K figure in the books but don't then double down and hype up a capacity crowd figure to an audience with working eyeballs.

https://twitter.com/kstatesports/status/662459468215521285

https://twitter.com/kmchugh07/status/662427565533999106

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 06, 2015, 03:02:14 PM »
stop rough ridin' talking about the attendance my god.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 06, 2015, 03:03:44 PM »
Really, that first tweet I posted above is a lie, regardless of how they count attendance.  The number is tickets sold, whatever.  The statement says there are 52,108 fans in the stadium.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 06, 2015, 04:09:08 PM »
Really, that first tweet I posted above is a lie, regardless of how they count attendance.  The number is tickets sold, whatever.  The statement says there are 52,108 fans in the stadium.
Yeah.  Really not asking a lot of the Athletic Department to cool it with that kind of chest-thumping on nights when attendance is clearly lacking.

stop rough ridin' talking about the attendance my god.
You can go to hell. we'll talk about whatever we want to.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 06, 2015, 04:25:10 PM »

100% correct, 100%. Still no one cares.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 06, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »

I care.  :don'tcare:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 06, 2015, 04:57:35 PM »

I care.  :don'tcare:

So the quabble is just the self-congratulatory tweet? It was stupid and unnecessary, for sure.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 06, 2015, 05:06:53 PM »
I think maybe it was intended similar to Snyder's "thanks for caring" letter. Just another troll job.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 06, 2015, 06:16:02 PM »
It's fine too care about kstatesports doing stupid crap, with #falsebrags just being one of last night's examples.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 06, 2015, 06:26:10 PM »
The fan hit the ref in the back and then tried to have the cops arrest him. Im i speaking to anyone who cares about funny crap anymore?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 06, 2015, 06:27:54 PM »
It's fine too care about kstatesports doing stupid crap, with #falsebrags just being one of last night's examples.

:D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 06, 2015, 06:30:29 PM »
The fan hit the ref in the back and then tried to have the cops arrest him. Im i speaking to anyone who cares about funny crap anymore?

The cops then huddled up to laugh at that crybaby

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 07, 2015, 01:14:20 PM »
So the quabble is just the self-congratulatory tweet? It was stupid and unnecessary, for sure.
Right.  If we want to call it a sellout, fine.  But let's not go boasting about our great "attendance" when it's clear that there are thousands and thousands of empty seats.