Author Topic: songs in your heavy rotation  (Read 28318 times)

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: songs in your heavy rotation
« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2022, 03:25:37 PM »
It is 2022. It is acceptable for a manly man to be in touch with his feels. I'm sorry you unfortunately are stuck in the past, never knowing who to cling to when the rain sets in.

I'm not shaming for listening to Elton John, I'm shaming you for not knowing it was about Marilyn.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2022, 03:26:53 PM »
It is 2022. It is acceptable for a manly man to be in touch with his feels. I'm sorry you unfortunately are stuck in the past, never knowing who to cling to when the rain sets in.

I'm not shaming for listening to Elton John, I'm shaming you for not knowing it was about Marilyn.

I always associated it with Princess Di (England's Rose), due to my youthful age.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2022, 04:03:54 PM »

I always associated it with Princess Di (England's Rose), due to my youthful age.

Ditto

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 10, 2022, 06:43:39 PM »

i can see how it would be especially confusing when considering the song’s first three words are “goodbye, norma jean”

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 10, 2022, 06:45:02 PM »

i can see how it would be especially confusing when considering the song’s first three words are “goodbye, norma jean”

ENGLAND'S ROSE.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 10, 2022, 06:50:35 PM »
He wrote the song in 1973 specifically about princess Di's future untimely death

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 11, 2022, 03:37:03 PM »
Sorry for sharing and caring, you mongos.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2022, 10:25:53 AM »
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 12, 2022, 07:34:00 PM »
I’ve been getting pretty mumped up by classical music lately.  I’ll leave it on in the background while I work, and a lot of it is vaguely familiar and reasonable enough work music, but every once in a while, something will come on that just stops me in my tracks.

Wagner’s Albumblatt did that to me a couple of weeks ago, and I’ve been stuck on it ever since.  What a roller coaster.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2022, 07:07:32 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2022, 11:07:36 PM »
why the  :sdeek: mir?

She's a weirdo cokehead who hangs out with racists. Dece music tho, I guess.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2022, 11:18:06 PM »
This song and video are incredible

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 07, 2022, 03:20:46 PM »
Anything w Young Dolph on it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 07, 2022, 03:23:00 PM »
And Jeezy, who has a new album, which is pretty good.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 09, 2022, 04:04:28 PM »
These guys rock

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2022, 11:18:41 AM »
I have a chill playlist for my sauna/meditation sessions. I listen to The Verve Pipe, The Freshman a few times a week. The song and the nostalgia makes me absolutely chill.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2022, 11:33:10 AM »
when i take an objective look at my taste in music, i am aware that some songs are really good because they came out when i was a teenager. (or at least that is when i heard them for the first time)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2022, 11:37:20 AM »
also not sure if this goes in the michigancat music discussion thread...but i am doing everything i can to shield my 2 year old daughter from Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight. if it comes on the radio when she is in the car i change it. I am going to make every effort to ensure she doesn't hear that song until she's like 9 or 10 and then when it comes on the radio i'm going to be all cool as a cucumber but watch her like a hawk so that i can see what it looks like when someone hears the juhjuh juhjuh juhjuh juhjuh juh juh for the first time and i think it will be worth the wait.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 10, 2022, 12:24:03 PM »
when i take an objective look at my taste in music, i am aware that some songs are really good because they came out when i was a teenager. (or at least that is when i heard them for the first time)

That's a big part for me. Most of my sauna songs are all 90's songs and when they get in my brain I can almost pinpoint what I was doing back then when listening. Next thing I know it, its been 20-30 minutes and i'm covered in sweat and as relaxed as can be. Its my favorite part of my day for the most part. sorry family

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2022, 12:30:18 PM »

That's a very ordinary thing that happens to people, which is why I look forward to music therapy featuring Ludacris in nursing homes in 2060 or whatever.

While I get nostalgic about certain 90s music reflexively, I was never really into current music during the 90s. More 60s and 70s. Guess I was a music hipster.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2022, 10:55:55 PM »
also not sure if this goes in the michigancat music discussion thread...but i am doing everything i can to shield my 2 year old daughter from Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight. if it comes on the radio when she is in the car i change it. I am going to make every effort to ensure she doesn't hear that song until she's like 9 or 10 and then when it comes on the radio i'm going to be all cool as a cucumber but watch her like a hawk so that i can see what it looks like when someone hears the juhjuh juhjuh juhjuh juhjuh juh juh for the first time and i think it will be worth the wait.

I feel like the juice will be worth the squeeze on this.

The first time you hear the drums hit....WOW

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2022, 09:16:10 AM »
IF he can pull it off.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2022, 09:47:45 AM »
kid will be watching risky business at age 4

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2022, 10:02:19 AM »
About once a year I get on a Sturgill Simpson kick and just play him on a loop for about 2 weeks.  Day 5 for 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk