Author Topic: (cue liberal hysteria) ZOMG IT'S A SHUTDOWN!!!!!!!!  (Read 7258 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
(cue liberal hysteria) ZOMG IT'S A SHUTDOWN!!!!!!!!
« on: October 01, 2015, 01:50:23 PM »
So are liberals, and in this case, the liberals clearly won. Three examples:

1. They have successfully pinned the blame for any "shutdown" squarely on the Republican Congress, contrary to all reason. If the Congress passed a bill completely funding the government except for $500 million to PP, and Obama vetoed that bill because he insists on funding PP, who is really more responsible for the "shutdown"? Obama, right? The GOP passed a bill funding all other areas of government, but Obama vetoed all that unrelated funding because he didn't get $500 million for the baby butchers. The GOP is so terrified of being blamed that they didn't even try it.

2. They have successfully introduced "shutdown" into the political vernacular - even amongst the GOP! - when, in fact, a "shutdown" doesn't actually shut down much of anything at all.

3. They have also successfully pushed the "clean bill" term for full funding - again, even the GOP now uses the term. Who doesn't like to be clean? A bill that funds everything except PP isn't "clean."

Granted, liberals have been aided tremendously by their accomplices in the MSM, but you still have to admire their messaging wizardry. George Orwell would be proud.

it's funny because you believe what you wrote.

this is too much right here

Discuss.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: (cue liberal hysteria) ZOMG IT'S A SHUTDOWN!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 01:58:23 PM »
Great thread title!
:adios:

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 01:59:06 PM »
I think this all comes down to how incredibly divided the two parties are. It has gotten to such extremes that you are one or the other and you are vehemently against anything the other side stands for.

Because of this, both sides are willing to push the narrative that the federal government is full of career politicians who don't care about the people and are only out to evilly push through whatever their party wants. Think of it as political cronyism. A bunch of bloodsuckers who only want to keep themselves in power.

Call me naive, but I think that that a lot of people still enter the political realm with a desire to do good and actually solve existing problems.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 02:08:46 PM »
The two parties are not that far apart in terms of action. I don't know why people drive this narrative.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 02:11:11 PM »
The two parties are not that far apart in terms of action. I don't know why people drive this narrative.

i agree.  it's amazing how much they fight over such tiny little slivers of ideological difference.  in the full spectrum of possible political thought, dems and pubs are very very close.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 02:11:36 PM »

Agree
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 02:14:59 PM »
you know why people drive this narrative. it's because it's driven into them by rush/fox/cnbc/whatever 247365

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 02:15:49 PM »
you know why people drive this narrative. it's because it's driven into them by rush/fox/cnbc/whatever 247365

true.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 02:17:28 PM »
I think when you exist as one form of hysteria you are only able to perceive opposing forms of hysteria.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 02:17:40 PM »
i don't remember who said it (i think it was probably in the neocon radio thread) but "Rush is not a conservative as much as he is an anti-liberal" is pretty accurate imo

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 02:19:51 PM »
Still waiting on anyone to actually, substantively explain why they disagree with anything I said........
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 02:21:14 PM »
Still waiting on anyone to actually, substantively explain why they disagree with anything I said........

I didn't read what you said because it looked pretty boring.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 02:22:23 PM »

it's not worth the effort.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 02:22:36 PM »
I think he wants everyone to agree that the GOP is a hapless mess of weirdos.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 02:22:48 PM »

because you didn't say anything.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 02:24:54 PM »

It's over your partisan head
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 02:29:23 PM »

what exactly did you say? that the democrats are good on messaging when it comes to shut downs? are they supposed to just let the GOP win? I mean the GOP is no slouch on messaging either, see Death Tax.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 02:50:54 PM »

because it's the same bullshit your side pulled last time with Obamacare.  You can't claim to be a good faith bargaining partner when the side says they are going to follow the constitution and you don't want them to so you're going to be a petulant child and shut the government down until you get your way.  I mean this issue (this time) is solely around PP that you want to defund (to attack women's healthcare). You are now trying to say it's the Dem's fault when your side started this shutdown mess to begin with.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 02:52:54 PM »
KZUw, do you think the founding fathers were wrong to give the executive branch the power of presidential veto in their constitution?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 03:10:05 PM »
Until you eliminate the use of continuing resolutions and do the man thing and pass appropriations bills, this will be standard crap operations.  It's too bad half brain dead lower volume thinking citizens can't process, definitely low information voters.  crap for brains.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 03:12:31 PM »
KZUw, do you think the founding fathers were wrong to give the executive branch the power of presidential veto in their constitution?

Of course not. How is that relevant?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 03:13:41 PM »
K-S-U, did you read the article I posted about a republican presidential candidate blaming the shutdown on the republicans?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 03:23:02 PM »

what exactly did you say? that the democrats are good on messaging when it comes to shut downs? are they supposed to just let the GOP win? I mean the GOP is no slouch on messaging either, see Death Tax.

Ok, so I guess we agree then. I was simply pointing out that libs have really won the messaging war on this issue, and it doesn't really line up with reality.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 03:25:15 PM »
K-S-U, did you read the article I posted about a republican presidential candidate blaming the shutdown on the republicans?

You mean Lindsey Graham? :lol:

As I said, though, even some in the GOP have adopted the libs' terminology on this issue, which just shows how effective the libs have been. Well that and GOP incompetence.