Author Topic: Disney World  (Read 71674 times)

Offline RockState2000

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Disney World
« Reply #425 on: February 09, 2017, 12:52:09 PM »
Heading there next month for a conference. Trying to figure out best place to stay without points...

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 09, 2017, 03:09:27 PM »
SD help!!  I was looking for prices and it says I can only use points for the white trash entry level room for every day in November and December. It says 10k a night and then all the rest of the room types want real money instead. I think I'm doing something wrong.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 09, 2017, 07:24:33 PM »
also, I'm going here in three weeks with my wife and her two kids. staying at the boardwalk in a suite. going to be great.

What is the boardwalk and why can't I stay there?

you can, it's right by those ones I said. you just have to pay cash money for it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 09, 2017, 07:25:41 PM »
Also, on like a scale of 1-14 how much more worth it is it to stay at 1 of these fancy places than a normal Marriott at like Lake Buena Vista/Flamingo crossing or the others that pop up on the Marriott site? Just thinking about point differences between staying on resort vs the others.

those all suck crap compared to the swan and dolphin, and you'll need a car or use extensive uber rides throughout the trip if you stay at one of them. they may have "bus service" but I assure you it sucks living real life crap.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 09, 2017, 07:26:19 PM »
Also, on like a scale of 1-14 how much more worth it is it to stay at 1 of these fancy places than a normal Marriott at like Lake Buena Vista/Flamingo crossing or the others that pop up on the Marriott site? Just thinking about point differences between staying on resort vs the others.
Haven't stayed on property but have stayed at this Hyatt
https://grandcypress.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

It has two pools, a water slide, free bikes, kayaks and paddle boats so there was plenty to do if you aren't going to a park.  They have a free shuttle but you had to make a reservation for drop off and pick up and I had a car so we didn't use it.

I will say when you leave the park at midnight carrying a comatose 5 year old thru the parking lot instead of taking the monorail to your hotel you will think $400/night for the Polynesian seems reasonable.

this is good factual information

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 09, 2017, 07:28:32 PM »
SD help!!  I was looking for prices and it says I can only use points for the white trash entry level room for every day in November and December. It says 10k a night and then all the rest of the room types want real money instead. I think I'm doing something wrong.

you have to call them. My recommendation is getting a 1 or 2 bedroom suite. You'll have to pay $200 a night for the parlor portion but it turns a 550 square foot room into a 1,200 sq ft room (1,750 if you add the second bedroom on points). if you do this you have to book the single entry level room on points (or two if you want a 2 bedroom) and then call them and tell them you want to upgrade it to a suite. You can also SOMETIMES convince them to let you book a suite for double points instead of the points and $200 option but it's pretty tough. we're doing the 2 bedroom suite option of this in May and bringing a babysitter with us.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 09, 2017, 07:33:15 PM »
upside of bringing a babysitter to disneyworld: you don't have to pay them if they like disneyworld.
downside: their park ticket, hotel room, food, flight, transportation, booze comes out to like $500 a day so you irl pay them shitloads.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 09, 2017, 07:45:06 PM »
I fingered the other places were gross but thought I'd ask. Last question until I think of others. Is one better than the other?  Dolphins are better animals than swans. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 09, 2017, 07:51:56 PM »
I fingered the other places were gross but thought I'd ask. Last question until I think of others. Is one better than the other?  Dolphins are better animals than swans.

dolphin is actually fewer points right now (10k v. 12k a night) but it's because their rooms are being upgraded to the same remodel the swan just had. the swan is smaller and less busy. the dolphin rooms are mostly updated from what I understand and if you book a suite I bet those have all been updated already. we normally stay at the swan because they have more suites with balconies. last time we had three different balconies from our two bedroom suite. the dolphin has some but not as many. during nap time I hang out there and watch the royals on an ipad and hammer jai alai.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 09, 2017, 07:53:36 PM »
there's a good sushi place, todd english has a restaurant there, nice steak house, nice italian joint, etc. on the properties. the pool bar is also BITB. good food and craft beer there. we sometimes pop over for meals even if we aren't staying at those hotels.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 09, 2017, 07:56:07 PM »
I've seen todd english once at Bluezoo (the dolphin restaurant) and twice at todd english pub in vegas. we just irl run into each other constantly. we laugh about it (todd and I (not irl)).

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 09, 2017, 10:07:45 PM »
upside of bringing a babysitter to disneyworld: you don't have to pay them if they like disneyworld.
downside: their park ticket, hotel room, food, flight, transportation, booze comes out to like $500 a day so you irl pay them shitloads.
booze'n with the sitter?  :bwpopcorn:

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 10, 2017, 08:55:23 AM »
I stayed at the Dolphin 2 weeks ago for a work conference. I enjoyed it. 5 minute walk to the boardwalk too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #438 on: February 11, 2017, 05:10:35 AM »
For you cat fans that use cash for hotels, I have a high school acquaintance that own a bazillion time shares. He typically sells an on propertysuite for $1500 a week, Bora Bora bungalow for $7000, as well as many other resorts around the area. Drop me a pm and I'll give you his email address.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 11, 2017, 08:18:41 AM »
For you cat fans that use cash for hotels, I have a high school acquaintance that own a bazillion time shares. He typically sells an on propertysuite for $1500 a week, Bora Bora bungalow for $7000, as well as many other resorts around the area. Drop me a pm and I'll give you his email address.

This reads like a craigslist ad to get murdered. Pass

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 11, 2017, 08:57:00 AM »

Describe the "on property suite".

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #441 on: February 11, 2017, 11:20:20 AM »
Here are a few of his FB posts. He buys timeshares on the resell market from dopes that can't afford their timeshares. DVC, Marriott, Hilton. He has a variety of options. His biggest collection seems to be DVC

If you have always wanted to visit Walt Disney World and did not feel you could afford to spend $500 per night on a Walt Disney World Disney Vacation Club Studio. I have Walt Disney World Disney Vacation Club Studios available for $130 to $200 Per night-depending on which Disney Vacation Resort you wish to stay at and what time of the year is your trip to Walt Disney World. I sometimes will have a Disney Vacation club 1 Bedroom villa for an entire week for $1,495.
i just had a conversation with a life long friend who went to timeshare presentation today. He was quoted $25,000 Capital Cost and $1,000 in annual dues to purchase the timeshare today thru a timeshare Retail Sales Presentation. He asked me what is available thru the Timeshare Resale Market. I can help him with a timeshare for free and closing costs of $258 and $700 in annual dues a timeshare that will give him a timeshare with much better trading options with other timeshares. Please carefully consider the timeshare Resale market before purchasing a timeshare thru a Direct Developer Presentation.[/color][/size][/font][/font][/font]
I have Bora Bora Bungalows available at the Disney Vacation Club Polynesian Villas for all 52 weeks of the year. I rented a week to a family tonight for $7,000. They cancelled their exact same Walt Disney World Polynesian Bora Bora Bungalow that was to cost $35,000 for the same week If somone might be taking their entire family to Walt Disney World and looking for once in a lifetime experience. These 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom over-the-water accommodations offer sleeping room for eight, a private deck complete with an individual plunge pool, a full kitchen, gorgeous décor, views of the Seven Seas Lagoon and Magic Kingdom Park area fireworks every night, in-mirror television in the master bath, a washer and dryer in each unit, gated boardwalk access and other fun features.
If you have always wanted to own a piece of the Mouse (Walt Disney World Vacation Disney Vacation Club Real Estate Interests) and do not have $300,000 for one week at Christmas Time in a Walt Disney World Disney Vacation Club Polynesian Bungalow. I have smaller Walt Disney World Disney Vacation club Real Estate Contracts for sale for as little as $4,700.

He's a few years older than me. Anyone that buys from him in our friends group has nothing but positive things to say about it.

I'm likely buying 7 nights at a Marriott resort near Miami for fall break. $1000. Two bedroom suite.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #442 on: February 11, 2017, 11:21:22 AM »

This reads like a craigslist ad to get murdered. Pass
Your loss. Better get in the credit card thread and churn.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 11, 2017, 06:49:15 PM »
Holy eff, if he can get me a week in a poly bungalow for that I'll be his best client.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #444 on: February 11, 2017, 07:53:04 PM »
Holy eff, if he can get me a week in a poly bungalow for that I'll be his best client.
Ya. Very sweet deal. PM if you want his addy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 25, 2017, 10:55:12 PM »
Experts, may I have a review of the Disney Coronado Springs Resort? I just found out I have a conference there next February and I'm pissed. Why in the holy hell would a national organization put their national conference at a damn Disney resort? It's not like we can enjoy the park at all. Now we all get to spend $200 a night for rooms just to sit in conference rooms 8 hours a day :flush:

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 25, 2017, 11:30:32 PM »
Experts, may I have a review of the Disney Coronado Springs Resort? I just found out I have a conference there next February and I'm pissed. Why in the holy hell would a national organization put their national conference at a damn Disney resort? It's not like we can enjoy the park at all. Now we all get to spend $200 a night for rooms just to sit in conference rooms 8 hours a day :flush:

This is cruel and unusual.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 26, 2017, 12:19:42 AM »

ms tobias had a national work conference at disney land last year, seemed v weird but she was able to spend some time doing star wars stuff and enjoyed it

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 26, 2017, 01:06:56 AM »
Why in the holy hell would a national organization put their national conference at a damn Disney resort? It's not like we can enjoy the park at all.

probably some of your colleagues bring a spouse and children and they assume the rest of you don't care?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 26, 2017, 12:55:34 PM »
Why in the holy hell would a national organization put their national conference at a damn Disney resort? It's not like we can enjoy the park at all.

probably some of your colleagues bring a spouse and children and they assume the rest of you don't care?

Last time the conference was in Orlando, it was at the Hilton, which makes a hell of a lot more sense. Then people working can actually work and families can play and we all don't have to pay a premium for something we can't even use.