Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129980 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #800 on: December 09, 2015, 11:54:32 PM »
You guys, the Planned Parenthood terrorist's outbursts in court today were majorly lol. His crazy crown is a jubilee of freedom.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 10, 2015, 10:41:24 PM »
Really? Nobody has anything to add on this? (Maybe cuz the super insane weirdo with bizarre courtroom outbursts is on the same side as most of the people getting butthurt itt?)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 10, 2015, 10:44:14 PM »
do you have a link or anything skinbens?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 10, 2015, 10:44:34 PM »
i legit have no idea what he's talking about
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 11, 2015, 06:06:44 AM »
I just heard the "warrior for babies" and the "I'm guilty" drops.  We're there others? Both of those were predictable.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 11, 2015, 07:55:01 AM »
http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/cecile-richards-on-suspects-court-outbursts-583330883951

I think this is it. Not really working on my phone for some reason but I know I saw it on that weird lawrence o'donnell guy's show.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 23, 2016, 02:59:55 PM »
A lot of propagandizing in that.

She keeps saying women don't want abortions, but doesn't the fact that 1 in 5 pregnancies end in abortion (from the article, dunno if true) kind of prove that american women DO want and value legal abortion? No one wants any medical procedure, but that is no argument to outlaw them.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 23, 2016, 06:05:11 PM »

She keeps saying women don't want abortions, but doesn't the fact that 1 in 5 pregnancies end in abortion (from the article, dunno if true) kind of prove that american women DO want and value legal abortion? No one wants any medical procedure, but that is no argument to outlaw them.

Her point is that a lot of people around the woman want her to get an abortion and/or tell her they'll "be there for her" if she has one - but do not show the same support/encouragement for having the baby. And she's probably right.

I'm glad someone posted this. It's a hard read. Particularly hard for libtards who want to hide in their cocoon of ignorance, pretending that this isn't the termination of human life. Most of the libtards won't bother to actually read it. Might add some quotes from it later.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 23, 2016, 06:54:09 PM »

society demanding and valuing something isn't a good test of the worthiness of an issue or law. society has proven time and time again they will collectively choose something that is damaging and dehumanizing.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: January 23, 2016, 07:41:54 PM »

Her point is that a lot of people around the woman want her to get an abortion and/or tell her they'll "be there for her" if she has one - but do not show the same support/encouragement for having the baby. And she's probably right.

I'm glad someone posted this. It's a hard read. Particularly hard for libtards who want to hide in their cocoon of ignorance, pretending that this isn't the termination of human life. Most of the libtards won't bother to actually read it. Might add some quotes from it later.

90% of the article was not about this though.  it was anecdotes about how some women regret they had an abortion, which of course happens. regrets are part of life, especially on something permanent. nothing in that article was hard for me to read, because it was all a very obviously misleading view.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 23, 2016, 07:42:54 PM »
i mean one of her reasons for outlawing abortion is that it's "humiliating" to go to the doctor, wtf kind of crap is this?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 23, 2016, 07:44:17 PM »

society demanding and valuing something isn't a good test of the worthiness of an issue or law. society has proven time and time again they will collectively choose something that is damaging and dehumanizing.

that's fine, then she shouldn't use a twisted "women don't want abortion" narrative for her article.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #813 on: January 23, 2016, 08:08:58 PM »
I would hope humiliation is one of many painful and demeaning emotions someone feels after murdering their unborn child.

WTF
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 23, 2016, 08:11:29 PM »

that's fine, then she shouldn't use a twisted "women don't want abortion" narrative for her article.

The article seemed to me to be pushing the idea that women feel societal pressure and that is a major component of abortion, outside factors rather than inward desires. I have no idea if its accurate or not. Perhaps its propaganda. But we ought to consider what she says about how history will view us.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 23, 2016, 08:22:41 PM »
abortion had been taboo for years, it's only recently began to be accepted.  my feeling is the outlawed history and the third world countries that still ban abortion are the ones that history will judge.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 23, 2016, 09:11:49 PM »
abortion had been taboo for years, it's only recently began to be accepted.  my feeling is the outlawed history and the third world countries that still ban abortion are the ones that history will judge.

History will judge a society that murdered tens of millions of its own children. And it won't be a kind judgment.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 23, 2016, 09:27:04 PM »
well that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 23, 2016, 09:27:15 PM »
at the time, we didn’t have much understanding of what abortion was. We knew nothing of fetal development. We consistently termed the fetus “a blob of tissue,” and that’s just how we pictured it — an undifferentiated mucous-like blob, not recognizable as human or even as alive. It would be another 15 years of so before pregnant couples could show off sonograms of their unborn babies, shocking us with the obvious humanity of the unborn.

We also thought, back then, that few abortions would ever be done. It’s a grim experience, going through an abortion, and we assumed a woman would choose one only as a last resort. We were fighting for that “last resort.” We had no idea how common the procedure would become; today, one in every five pregnancies ends in abortion.

Nor could we have imagined how high abortion numbers would climb. In the 43 years since Roe v. Wade, there have been 59 million abortions. It’s hard even to grasp a number that big. Twenty years ago, someone told me that, if the names of all those lost babies were inscribed on a wall, like the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the wall would have to stretch for 50 miles. It’s 20 years later now, and that wall would have to stretch twice as far. But no names could be written on it; those babies had no names.

We expected that abortion would be rare. What we didn’t realize was that, once abortion becomes available, it becomes the most attractive option for everyone around the pregnant woman. If she has an abortion, it’s like the pregnancy never existed. No one is inconvenienced. It doesn’t cause trouble for the father of the baby, or her boss, or the person in charge of her college scholarship. It won’t embarrass her mom and dad.

Abortion is like a funnel; it promises to solve all the problems at once. So there is significant pressure on a woman to choose abortion, rather than adoption or parenting.

A woman who had had an abortion told me, “Everyone around me was saying they would ‘be there for me’ if I had the abortion, but no one said they’d ‘be there for me’ if I had the baby.” For everyone around the pregnant woman, abortion looks like the sensible choice. A woman who determines instead to continue an unplanned pregnancy looks like she’s being foolishly stubborn. It’s like she’s taken up some unreasonable hobby. People think: If she would only go off and do this one thing, everything would be fine.

But that’s an illusion. Abortion can’t really turn back the clock. It can’t push the rewind button on life and make it so that she was never pregnant. It can make it easy for everyone around the woman to forget the pregnancy, but the woman herself may struggle. When she first sees the positive pregnancy test she may feel, in a panicky way, that she has to get rid of it as fast as possible. But life stretches on after abortion, for months and years — for many long nights — and all her life long she may ponder the irreversible choice she made.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 23, 2016, 09:28:59 PM »
This issue gets presented as if it’s a tug of war between the woman and the baby. We see them as mortal enemies, locked in a fight to the death. But that’s a strange idea, isn’t it? It must be the first time in history when mothers and their own children have been assumed to be at war. We’re supposed to picture the child attacking her, trying to destroy her hopes and plans, and picture the woman grateful for the abortion, since it rescued her from the clutches of her child.

If you were in charge of a nature preserve and you noticed that the pregnant female mammals were trying to miscarry their pregnancies, eating poisonous plants or injuring themselves, what would you do? Would you think of it as a battle between the pregnant female and her unborn and find ways to help those pregnant animals miscarry? No, of course not. You would immediately think, “Something must be really wrong in this environment.” Something is creating intolerable stress, so much so that animals would rather destroy their own offspring than bring them into the world. You would strive to identify and correct whatever factors were causing this stress in the animals.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 23, 2016, 09:31:18 PM »
I changed my opinion on abortion after I read an article in Esquire magazine, way back in 1976. I was home from grad school, flipping through my dad’s copy, and came across an article titled “What I Saw at the Abortion.” The author, Richard Selzer, was a surgeon, and he was in favor of abortion, but he’d never seen one. So he asked a colleague whether, next time, he could go along.

Selzer described seeing the patient, 19 weeks pregnant, lying on her back on the table. (That is unusually late; most abortions are done by the tenth or twelfth week.) The doctor performing the procedure inserted a syringe into the woman’s abdomen and injected her womb with a prostaglandin solution, which would bring on contractions and cause a miscarriage. (This method isn’t used anymore, because too often the baby survived the procedure — chemically burned and disfigured, but clinging to life. Newer methods, including those called “partial birth abortion” and “dismemberment abortion,” more reliably ensure death.)

After injecting the hormone into the patient’s womb, the doctor left the syringe standing upright on her belly. Then, Selzer wrote, “I see something other than what I expected here. . . . It is the hub of the needle that is in the woman’s belly that has jerked. First to one side. Then to the other side. Once more it wobbles, is tugged, like a fishing line nibbled by a sunfish.” He realized he was seeing the fetus’s desperate fight for life. And as he watched, he saw the movement of the syringe slow down and then stop. The child was dead. Whatever else an unborn child does not have, he has one thing: a will to live. He will fight to defend his life.

The last words in Selzer’s essay are, “Whatever else is said in abortion’s defense, the vision of that other defense [i.e., of the child defending its life] will not vanish from my eyes. And it has happened that you cannot reason with me now. For what can language do against the truth of what I saw?”

Yeah, "it's my opinion" to be horrified by murdering innocent unborn human life. To each his own.

The Big Train

« Reply #821 on: January 23, 2016, 09:35:49 PM »
It absolutely is your opinion, which doesn't automatically make it right because others feel the same about it.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 23, 2016, 09:55:34 PM »
i'm of the opinion that healthcare is a fundamental right and should be provided free of charge by the government (including abortions).

opinions are fun!

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 23, 2016, 11:05:08 PM »
I wish ksuwildcats mom had an abortion. That's just my imo tho

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 23, 2016, 11:42:00 PM »
Some of us believe an unborn baby is more than hamburger to be discarded by an a woman who is inconveniented by pregnancy.  Pro abortionist think it is just disposal tissue.  I will say a bunch of frothing hollering by prolifers will not change a dang thing,  we have to willing to adopt kids and put the hanker doodies of men who get women pregnant in a bear trap, low life bastards.