Author Topic: Clock kid should quit whining  (Read 28634 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Clock kid should quit whining
« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »
Daddy of clockbombboy is posting on Facebook 9/11 was a hoax.   Go ahead Obama and invite American hating scum to your free public housing.

They have shared beliefs in this regard. They also deny the holocaust.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2015, 08:52:29 AM »
. . . welp, looks like it's time for a couple of rounds at Torrey Pines after the "heartfelt" trip to Oregon.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2015, 08:55:01 AM »
The kid made a clock

Did he actually "make" a clock? I heard he took apart the casing of a perfectly good clock and just stuffed the guts into a different box. I guess it looked cooler that way. Anyway, not sure if this matters, but the kid's being portrayed as some sort of up and coming Zuckerberg. Maybe more on the level of a future Geek Squad worker.

Well this is new information
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 10, 2015, 09:22:30 AM »

The kid made a clock

Did he actually "make" a clock? I heard he took apart the casing of a perfectly good clock and just stuffed the guts into a different box. I guess it looked cooler that way. Anyway, not sure if this matters, but the kid's being portrayed as some sort of up and coming Zuckerberg. Maybe more on the level of a future Geek Squad worker.

Did you watch the video?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 10, 2015, 09:35:30 AM »
I think his talents make him a future assembly line worker.

His good morning america interview with robin Roberts is hilarious. At the end he holds up a circuit board from an old DVD player or something and proclaims it his next great invention.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 10, 2015, 10:00:04 AM »

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 10, 2015, 11:23:01 AM »

The kid made a clock

Did you watch the video?

Nah I just checked in on this thread. Haven't been following too closely. So what actually happened?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 10, 2015, 11:38:08 AM »
Dammit- I just wasted five minutes reading four different articles on this. They all described this kid as "inventing" a clock, and his arrest, but there's almost no detail about the events that led to his arrest.

Apparently he showed it first to his engineering teacher, who told him to put it away. Then it was beeping in English class, so teacher sent him to principal office?

I can't any find any details of clock kid's discussion with teachers / police. Is the police report online? Any other info?

One thing I noticed that was interesting is that the kid was NOT arrested on suspicion of making a bomb. He was arrested on suspicion of making a bomb hoax. That's a pretty important distinction. If they thought he brought the thing to school as a hoax, and they very well reasonably could have IF he was an uncooperative little crap, then this paints the situation in a different light. Kids do and should be arrested for making bomb threats. It happens.

What did he say to his English teacher? What did he say to the principal? What did he say to the security or police? Did he tell them he'd already shown it to his engineering teacher?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 10, 2015, 12:01:32 PM »
This kid is famous

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 10, 2015, 12:22:56 PM »
Ksuw bringing all sorts of new information to this thread

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 10, 2015, 12:24:35 PM »
LOL

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 10, 2015, 01:45:57 PM »
The kid made a clock

He modified a clock, anyway.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 10, 2015, 01:46:34 PM »
Oh ok. So according to the police, all Ahmed would tell the police is that it was a clock. He did not explain why he had made it or brought it to school, or that he had already shown it to his engineering teacher. Is there any evidence to refute what the police are saying?

If not, sounds like the police were justified in having reasonable suspicion of a bomb hoax. According to what the police knew (if true) kids makes something that kinda looks like a bomb, it's beeping in class, and upon questioning all he'll say is it's a clock.

If anyone has info to the contrary, let me know. Or you know, just LOL....

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 10, 2015, 01:47:42 PM »
Oh ok. So according to the police, all Ahmed would tell the police is that it was a clock. He did not explain why he had made it or brought it to school, or that he had already shown it to his engineering teacher. Is there any evidence to refute what the police are saying?

If not, sounds like the police were justified in having reasonable suspicion of a bomb hoax. According to what the police knew (if true) kids makes something that kinda looks like a bomb, it's beeping in class, and upon questioning all he'll say is it's a clock.

Sounds like he just told them the truth and they couldn't handle it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Clock kid should quit whining
« Reply #265 on: October 10, 2015, 01:50:33 PM »
Sounds like a real prodigy, perfect for a real science event at the WH...or for trying to make a dumb political point. 

Strange all that coming from an administration that's been more neocon than neocons on civil liberties.  Oh unless your part of a growing minority voting block. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2015, 01:51:40 PM »
The kid made a clock

He modified a clock, anyway.

Well, yeah, but he "modified" it to look kinda like a bomb. It's not a very good clock anymore if you hide the display inside the case. The media was breathlessly describing Ahmed as some sort of wunderkind that brought an "invention" or "science experiment" to class. It's annoying that you can't rely on the media to even report basic facts correctly when they're trying to push a message.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2015, 01:54:15 PM »
so the only "media" you have reviewed on this subject was the 4 articles in 5 minutes and you were able to figure out that he just replaced the case but the media is touting him as a wonderkid?

ok

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 10, 2015, 01:55:37 PM »
Yeah, when I think of bombs, pencil cases are the first thing that come to mind.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 10, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »

so the only "media" you have reviewed on this subject was the 4 articles in 5 minutes and you were able to figure out that he just replaced the case but the media is touting him as a wonderkid?

ok

It sounds like the White House/Pres is kind of promoting him that way...or to use him as a pawn to make a dumb political/social justice point.  Strange coming from an administration that once touted indefinite detention. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2015, 01:58:52 PM »

Sounds like he refused to even answer basic questions like "why'd you make this?" And "why'd you bring it school?" Which made them suspicious that he'd done it as a hoax. Schools and police take hoaxes pretty seriously, for good reason.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2015, 01:59:19 PM »
i'm not sure how those two things are connected, but you keep daxing dax

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2015, 02:00:54 PM »
It's not hard lib, and the political point/social justice point sticks like Gorilla Glue my silly little friend.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2015, 02:01:19 PM »
Yeah, when I think of bombs, pencil cases are the first thing that come to mind.

Again, and this is a very important point you keep missing, the police didn't think it was a bomb. They thought it was a bomb HOAX. So, yeah, I'd say putting the insides of an alarm clock into a pencil box, set to start beeping class, would be a pretty reasonable hoax for a 14yr old.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2015, 02:02:42 PM »

Sounds like he refused to even answer basic questions like "why'd you make this?" And "why'd you bring it school?" Which made them suspicious that he'd done it as a hoax. Schools and police take hoaxes pretty seriously, for good reason.

Some people just enjoy taking things apart. He probably didn't have a reason for making it, so how could he answer the questions?

Again, and this is a very important point you keep missing, the police didn't think it was a bomb. They thought it was a bomb HOAX. So, yeah, I'd say putting the insides of an alarm clock into a pencil box, set to start beeping class, would be a pretty reasonable hoax for a 14yr old.

A bomb hoax would involve him telling people he had a bomb.