Author Topic: Is Texas going to hire John Currie?  (Read 25482 times)

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Is Texas going to hire John Currie?
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »

People give Currie way too much credit for fundraising and building stuff. I mean our revenues have increased dramatically through tv deals and such, and coaches salaries at K-State have remained relatively the same. I mean freaking Iowa State was able to build onto their stadium. Has he done a good job with money, sure. But your main job is winning at basketball and football, something he has failed at 50%  rate.

I know!  Clearly no influence from Currie.  Look how KU has parlayed all that extra cash into new fac...oh wait.
I agree. Currie is total trash. Get him out of here!

Never said he was trash, just saying we give him too much credit for building stuff. Most competent schools around the country are building stuff. Comparing ourselves to a school that currently has 30 game road losing streak and is still paying a coach 2.5 mil a year to not coach there seems below us.

The point is KU is making the same $ from those contracts (maybe more with T3 rights for basketball but :dunno: ). They're paying a former coach, but their current coach makes squat for a  D1 HC. If the TV contracts and Big 12 revenue were the main drivers, then KU wouldn't be so woefully behind us right now.

Plus, we're not just talking about shiny new things. K-State has built this stuff while staying near the top of the lists for profitable athletic departments. Not many schools in the country can say the same.

As a stakeholder (Not as big as some here), I honestly dont care if K-State Athletics is profitable or not, Dax will probably kill me for that statement. But I care much more for wins and losses than how big of a profit we made. I mean i guess we can raise most profit banners, that seems like a fun thing to do.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2015, 12:01:42 PM »
Well Currie has yet to do anything that bad.

He's going to have a hard time hiring a football or basketball coach that has comparable options, so the things he's done that have made it that way are pretty bad.

I guess I do not understand your response, please elaborate, Trim.

LHC LHC Bill Snyder and Frank Martin have giant threads on goCOACH.com about what a piece of crap he is and to avoid working for him.

Link doesn't work  :dunno:

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2015, 12:08:29 PM »

He's going to have a hard time hiring a football or basketball coach that has comparable options, so the things he's done that have made it that way are pretty bad.

LHC LHC Bill Snyder and Frank Martin have giant threads on goCOACH.com about what a piece of crap he is and to avoid working for him.

You're not a registered coach.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2015, 12:13:24 PM »

:lol: :lol:

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2015, 12:28:01 PM »

You can use Dimel's login.  His password is:  Winston#1

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »
Nope, it's def still "Password"

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2015, 01:29:30 PM »
Any ISU fan that looks at him in a positive light is just mind-numbingly stupid.

How long have you had that post waiting?  It was executed well.   :thumbs:

Pollard continuing to employ that clown show is ridiculous. I get incredibly annoyed with the basketball board's continued obsession with Currie not firing Weber if he has a bad season just so he won't have to admit a mistake but then I look at this crap show in Ames and I have to eat it. Pollard gave Rhoads a 10 year extension when he was 17-20 and in the four years following it has gotten worse each year. They have never had more than 3 conference wins, they haven't finished above .500 since year two and even then it was a whole 1 game over. He is in year 7 and he is in a must win with a team that is projected to go 0-12. Unmitigated disaster and exactly what kstate basketball fans are afraid of.

Well Currie has yet to do anything that bad. Yes, Weber is bad, but not Paul Rhodes bad (yet). Unless Weber can have a solid winning season this year, he's probably gone, so we do not need to worry about a 10 yr extension for him.

Currie ran off our best coach in 20 years, who left for a much worse job, and then hired a proven loser to replace him that had no business even being considered for the opening. I would say that's pretty bad.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2015, 03:01:27 PM »
Any ISU fan that looks at him in a positive light is just mind-numbingly stupid.

Pollard continuing to employ that clown show is ridiculous. I get incredibly annoyed with the basketball board's continued obsession with Currie not firing Weber if he has a bad season just so he won't have to admit a mistake but then I look at this crap show in Ames and I have to eat it. Pollard gave Rhoads a 10 year extension when he was 17-20 and in the four years following it has gotten worse each year. They have never had more than 3 conference wins, they haven't finished above .500 since year two and even then it was a whole 1 game over. He is in year 7 and he is in a must win with a team that is projected to go 0-12. Unmitigated disaster and exactly what kstate basketball fans are afraid of.

Well Currie has yet to do anything that bad. Yes, Weber is bad, but not Paul Rhodes bad (yet). Unless Weber can have a solid winning season this year, he's probably gone, so we do not need to worry about a 10 yr extension for him.

Currie ran off our best coach in 20 years, who left for a much worse job, and then hired a proven loser to replace him that had no business even being considered for the opening. I would say that's pretty bad.

Hey, I hated the Weber higher as much as the rest of you did. Does not mean Currie has been a horrible AD. He's done a lot of good things for us and I think the good oit weighs the bad. He's also the only thing standing between hiring sean and not hiring sean. Because you know Bill will want an AD that will bend to his every wish and the University will give him that.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2015, 03:24:23 PM »

Hey, I hated the Weber higher as much as the rest of you did. Does not mean Currie has been a horrible AD. He's done a lot of good things for us and I think the good oit weighs the bad. He's also the only thing standing between hiring sean and not hiring sean. Because you know Bill will want an AD that will bend to his every wish and the University will give him that.

some people are too young to have lived through max urich

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2015, 03:44:55 PM »
Max expanded the stadium too!

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2015, 06:56:21 PM »

I never said he was a horrible AD. Just disagreeing with your suggestion that "Currie has yet to do anything that bad".

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2015, 10:10:48 PM »

Why do you consider Pollard a dufus?

This is pretty great. College grad assistant basically says, "Well, somebody better call a play...'11' run '11'!"

Gonna win 'em all!
I'm just going to assume that's a Flood Warning for Ames.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2015, 10:16:04 PM »
Rhodes is so Iowa Statey

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2015, 03:19:41 PM »

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2015, 03:45:59 PM »
Why do you consider Pollard a dufus?

I can't post this enough
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=26881.msg1440778#msg1440778

I stand corrected, MIR. You were right.

I was just about to come in here and post that article and eat crow, but ya beat me to it.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2015, 04:31:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/joelklatt/status/653681373975220224

His inclusion of Pollard makes the rest of the tweet invalid, or he thinks Ames, IA and ISU are literally the worst places in America.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2015, 04:35:20 PM »
That tweet would make my day if I were a Cyclone fan. It would be like that time Marquette showed interest in oscar.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »
That tweet would make my day if I were a Cyclone fan. It would be like that time Marquette showed interest in oscar.

:shakesfist:

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2015, 09:37:05 PM »
USC Donors are polished, rich and aren't from western Kansas. They would eat ADJC alive.

Maybe not that bad but it would be a tough crowd for someone like currie to crack.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2015, 08:59:29 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/usc-s-chronic-leadership-failure-fights-on-with-mishandling-of-steve-sarkisian-223657332-ncaaf.html
USC's chronic leadership failure continues with mishandling of Steve Sarkisian

The receipts reported on Monday are eye-popping, everything from 91 shots of tequila on one tab (for a big crowd, but still) to another that included eight shots and five beers for Sarkisian and three assistants that were all consumed before 11:53 a.m.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2015, 09:10:37 AM »
More like Gronkesian

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2015, 09:21:30 AM »
I'm better at poker when i've had a few. I'm little more risky. Maybe that's what Sarkisian needs before a game?  :dunno:

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2015, 11:26:50 AM »
More like Gronkesian

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

:thumbs:  :thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline joda