Author Topic: Weight lifting Thread  (Read 3162 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Weight lifting Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 12:39:56 PM »

mon: zero pushups
tue: zero pushups
wed: zero pushups
thur: like, 20 pushups
fri: zero pushups
sat: zero pushups
sun: zero pushups

Overtraining.  Remember that muscles are built during REST.  Next week bump it down to like, 5 pushups.  And actually you may want to consider only working out zero times a week.

Do you have a cat? Tell it to sit on your shoulders for extra resistance (would be ideal if you actually had like 5 cats ranging from 5-35 lbs)

With 1 cat I probably couldn't do all 20 so this isn't really an option

How are you such a good fighter :frown:

Have you ever seen a ferocious tiger lift weights?  How about a lightning fast mongoose or the ocean's premier super predator the great white shark?  Yeah, didn't think so. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 12:46:47 PM »

Overtraining.  Remember that muscles are built during REST.  Next week bump it down to like, 5 pushups.  And actually you may want to consider only working out zero times a week.

Do you have a cat? Tell it to sit on your shoulders for extra resistance (would be ideal if you actually had like 5 cats ranging from 5-35 lbs)

Have you ever seen a ferocious tiger lift weights?  How about a lightning fast mongoose or the ocean's premier super predator the great white shark?  Yeah, didn't think so. 

I'm not a weight lifting expert, but I do know a thing or two about cats.  IMO, you'll want to get yourself one of those Maine Coons if you are trying to build mass.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 02:16:58 PM »

I'm not a weight lifting expert, but I do know a thing or two about cats.  IMO, you'll want to get yourself one of those Maine Coons if you are trying to build mass.

And feed him your gravy at dinner. That way, you'll cut fat AND build mass.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."