General Discussion > Essentially Flyertalk

BMW 3-series

(1/4) > >>

CatsNShocks:
Does anyone own one?

I'm looking at getting maybe an 04-05 and was wanting opinions.

Anybody own a car comparable?

Thoughts? Pros? Cons?
TIA
 :driving:

1/64th:
My father-in-law drive a 06 BMW 330.  Nice car....too small IMO.  It gets up and goes when you want it to though.  Very fun to drive.  Very expensive to maintain/fix though.  But I suppose if you're buying a BMW you don't really care huh?  Oh and get one with the deep inset wheels, much better looking. 

CatsNShocks:
What do you mean by too small?
For the driver? Trunk space?

Drove a Camry for years, and if I'm not mistaken, the 3-series is slightly smaller.

What do you mean by the deep inset wheels?

pissclams:

--- Quote from: CatsNShocks on April 23, 2010, 03:59:32 PM ---Does anyone own one?

I'm looking at getting maybe an 04-05 and was wanting opinions.

Anybody own a car comparable?

Thoughts? Pros? Cons?
TIA
 :driving:

--- End quote ---
so i just read some posts on Phog.neet from a guy who lives, breathes and sleeps BMWs that the newer 3 series have a lot of problems when they start getting a lot of miles on them b/c the way they dealerships service them now a days (changing the oil every 15k, not doing the correct maintenance, etc).  they're great until they start getting the miles, then they become very expensive to own (as in +$200 oil changes) yada yada.

read here- http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2488&t=5871511

:dunno:

ayosaba:
I've bought an '01 330i back in December and I love it, So much power and speed, and pretty good gas mileage at 30 mpg highway. It does have some minor issues, but nothing I can't deal with. Anybody that sees my car thinks it's at least an '06, so I get the looks of a nice newer car and the speed for like 1/4th of the price. Plus really reasonable insurance rates. Overall probably the nicest car I've ridden in as far as comfort and speed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version