Author Topic: Missourians Encounter Transgender, Decide "Show Me" Doesn't Apply Here  (Read 7343 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/education/hillsboro-high-students-walk-out-over-transgender-dispute/article_be488fab-d239-5944-9733-32f569dcdc32.html

This story really has a lot going on. A gay high school senior, Lila Perry, just came out as transgender this year.

The school had been allowing her to use the staff restroom to do her business and change for gym. She had decided that she wants equal treatment to the rest of the girls, and with the aid of the gay-straight alliance, convinced the school board to let her use the girls' bathroom and locker room. The girls and their parents were not happy about this at all.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Missourians Encounter Transgender, Decide "Show Me" Doesn't Apply Here
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 09:08:50 AM »
Why don't they just change to a all-gender locker room, like on Starship Troopers? Problem solved.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 09:18:43 AM »
Surprising a mo high school worked to accommodate a trans teen like they did
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 09:21:12 AM »
I think the school had it right when they let her use the staff facilities.

Offline husserl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 10:14:26 AM »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 12:40:17 PM »
I don't like that the US Dept. Of Education says we have to make our local schools allow any kid to go to the bathroom of the gender they identify with.  I don't want a manvert go ogling at Renosissy.  Renosweets would declare Holy war.  A neutral John is just fine.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 01:55:14 PM »
Is this the appropriate thread to ask what the difference between a boy and a girl is?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile

Is this the appropriate thread to ask what the difference between a boy and a girl is?
I vote biological sex, but I think that makes me politically incorrect.
:adios:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 03:40:03 PM »
This is a very interesting case but one that I would like to see more opinions on before I form my own. Like, i don't know what trans people have done in the past or how they feel about it.

also, obviously girls weren't involved in the making of those sign(s?), amirite fellas? :fatty:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 03:46:13 PM »
“The way I was raised, I have no problem with a transgender, but he shouldn’t be in the women’s locker room until he has the surgery,” said parent Greg Wilson, according to local news Web site the Leader.

When you think about it, what difference does the surgery really make? I guess he's concerned about Lila having a penis that could be used to rape the other girls? I'm trying to understand here.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What makes the parents or girls feel uncomfortable?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
“The way I was raised, I have no problem with a transgender, but he shouldn’t be in the women’s locker room until he has the surgery,” said parent Greg Wilson, according to local news Web site the Leader.

When you think about it, what difference does the surgery really make? I guess he's concerned about Lila having a penis that could be used to rape the other girls? I'm trying to understand here.
Becoming visibly aroused?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 03:52:35 PM »

I think it comes back to "Why do we have separate facilities for men and women in the first place?" I think it's hard to blame the girls at the school for not wanting to change in front of a biological male and see male genitalia in the locker room. It seems a reasonable compromise to me to offer Lila the staff facilities. I would think most schools in this part of the country would tell her to keep using the men's room.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I honestly don't give a crap. Everyone is sharing bathrooms and locker rooms with people that are looking at them naked. Except for women having stalls for showers and toilets.

If someone wants to live out their life transgender then we shouldn't stand in their way.

I'm looking forward to the first oscar jenner type that wants to play sports.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Or someone that was born with a vagina that wants to use the boys facilities.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 04:01:27 PM »

I think it comes back to "Why do we have separate facilities for men and women in the first place?" I think it's hard to blame the girls at the school for not wanting to change in front of a biological male and see male genitalia in the locker room. It seems a reasonable compromise to me to offer Lila the staff facilities. I would think most schools in this part of the country would tell her to keep using the men's room.

Yeah, it's hard to blame them. However, I'm questioning the specific quote I cited. Lila's mind doesn't necessarily change when she has the surgery. So why shouldn't she still be forced to use the unisex bathroom?

also, high school locker rooms in general are pretty mumped up places when you really think about it.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

a penis in the girls room

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Or someone that was born with a vagina that wants to use the boys facilities.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/local/troy-schools-dealing-with-transgender-issue/nnTnC/

That is happening in Ohio.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

a penis in the girls room
And if there's a dong flopping around all over the place, appropriate action should be taken.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 04:30:22 PM »
I mean, am I some kind of small minded bigot? A kid with a penis is a boy. A kid with a vagina is a girl. Locker rooms and restrooms are by design a place of segregation.

Fellas, I'm not trying to troll or anything but I'm having a hard time understanding this. I've always believed biology and birth is where the distinction of boy/girl comes from. Help me understand.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 04:30:51 PM »
with bathrooms, honestly, who gives a eff. I understand the why you would question the locker room, but I would be curious to hear the thoughts of more trans people who have experienced this issue and how others around them handled it.

Maybe this is a 100% new issue?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 04:34:31 PM »
It won't be long before some high school guys start claiming trans gender just to shower with the girls. Can you feel trans gender one day and not the next? Maybe. Who is to judge?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I mean, am I some kind of small minded bigot? A kid with a penis is a boy. A kid with a vagina is a girl. Locker rooms and restrooms are by design a place of segregation.

Fellas, I'm not trying to troll or anything but I'm having a hard time understanding this. I've always believed biology and birth is where the distinction of boy/girl comes from. Help me understand.
There's also brain chemistry involved as well. Sometimes they don't align.

What if someone was born a hermaphrodite and the parents chose one sex but the child grows up feeling as though it is the other sex? I've always viewed it in that context. Freaks of nature happen. We shouldn't treat them likes ones.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

There's also brain chemistry involved as well. Sometimes they don't align.

What if someone was born a hermaphrodite and the parents chose one sex but the child grows up feeling as though it is the other sex? I've always viewed it in that context. Freaks of nature happen. We shouldn't treat them likes ones.

I'm not sure asking her to use a more private bathroom that female staff members use qualifies as treating her like a freak, though.