Author Topic: Bowling Master thread.  (Read 16484 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bowling Master thread.
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »
The perfect game I had going into the 7th frame when gE.com destroyed BBBS was absolutely infuriating to super serious bowler guy in the lane next to us. MIR and Trim let him know about it the whole time too. That was a very fun afternoon.

The most fun I've ever had bowling

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2016, 12:32:05 AM »
The perfect game I had going into the 7th frame when gE.com destroyed BBBS was absolutely infuriating to super serious bowler guy in the lane next to us. MIR and Trim let him know about it the whole time too. That was a very fun afternoon.

I need more memory refreshers.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2016, 03:23:50 AM »
Heh.  Would a nerd in high school have also finished second in the State Forensics Dramatic Interpretation category? 

Didn't think so pal.
OMG what piece did you do?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2016, 03:53:49 AM »

Bowl for kids sake, essentially strut n' cutters bowling with alcohol at that alley on North Rock Rd. Like everyone at the alley was there to have fun but of course we were next to the only bowling hardo in the place. The dude was getting annoyed with us having fun so it escalated to us openly mocking him including me doing extended dances like soulmate boy's crank dat after strikes. The dude eventually loosened up.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2016, 03:59:47 AM »
Heh.  Would a nerd in high school have also finished second in the State Forensics Dramatic Interpretation category? 

Didn't think so pal.

My forensics coach forced me to do Br'er Rabbit, at the time I didn't care, much, but now given the luxury of life experience and retrospect it pisses me off a lot even though he was well intended.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2016, 08:34:07 AM »

Bowl for kids sake, essentially strut n' cutters bowling with alcohol at that alley on North Rock Rd. Like everyone at the alley was there to have fun but of course we were next to the only bowling hardo in the place. The dude was getting annoyed with us having fun so it escalated to us openly mocking him including me doing extended dances like soulmate boy's crank dat after strikes. The dude eventually loosened up.

I can picture it; wasn't he bowling for that construction company and the bowling motivated us to do whatever it took to make sure gE and its 5 employees raised more money than their 40?

I can't remember getting pak'd because I thought I always had the kid at those things.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2016, 10:19:54 AM »

Didn't think so pal.
Crap.  Well I did two (one sophomore year and one junior year) and I can't remember which one was the state one.

Anyhow, I did:

1. "Frozen" -- very creepy story where I played a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) pedophile who learns that what he's doing is wrong and kills himself.  I THINK this one was the state one.

2. "Red God" -- Soviet sniper in WWII who has a god-complex about taking life and can't come to terms with civilian life after the war and yep, that's right, kills himself.

I was a complete stud at DI.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 10:33:17 AM »
you guys ever been to a bowling alley with somebody who is an IRL great bowler? it's so weird. I always assumed bowling was strictly a get blackout side activity though I know there are or at least used to be professional bowlers. I was getting blackout at a bowling alley one time and this kid (like high school age) was bowling like near perfect games consecutively. he was bowling by himself though his mom (at least appeared to be his mom) was sitting behind him the entire time. also it was like 2 PM on a weekday. home schooled bowling freak kid who wants a shot at the title? he was incredibly annoyed by our group and moved down to the other end of the place.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 10:36:11 AM »
only one bowler showed up between 2-5 yesterday and he had his own bag and ball and everything and I was like "oh here we go..." but every time i walked by him to buy another pitcher he seemed to be mostly sucky

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2016, 10:40:19 AM »
Another good bowling joke I do is when I have a split and I throw it right between the two I turn around and put my hands up in the air and said "It's good!"  Gets a pretty good response.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2016, 10:42:27 AM »
That kid probably has a Rick Steelsmith poster up in his room.

It's difficult for me to take someone seriously who takes bowling seriously.  Bowling is roughly at the same level as darts or mini golf.  Like just chill and pound some beers and have fun doing this hobby sport. 

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2016, 10:45:05 AM »
Another good bowling joke I do is when I have a split and I throw it right between the two I turn around and put my hands up in the air and said "It's good!"  Gets a pretty good response.

Oh that's pretty good _33.  Whenever that happens to me I do an imitation of the Bob Davis "SWIIIIISH!!" call.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2016, 12:35:36 PM »
A couple of buddies and I were at a bar in Topeka years ago. We were playing pool and throwing darts. A couple of guys came up and said, "You wan throw darts for a pitcher?" We agreed. Two of us took them on and we won the first game. The next game, we were about to win, and then BEEP BEEP BOOP, they closed out everything and hit 5 bulls and beat us. This goes on for an hour and a half, with 2 of the 3 of us teaming up and almost beating them and then they'd beat us at the end. They hit everything they threw at all night. It was never more than pitcher, so it was cheap entertainment from our end and they were pretty good dudes.

We started harassing them for being hustlers and asked them at the end of the night how often they played and they said, "Ever-y-day. Next week is the state competition. We can basically hit everything we throw at 95% of the time." They said that they never take money from people unless somebody is being an bad person. They mainly just play for beers.

Like I said, we were having fun with them and we were all pretty hammered, so we decided to go play basketball at 1:30 in the morning. We told them where to meet us and we were shooting around when they pulled up. Instantly, one of my buddies starts shooting like Jamal Wilkes, but throwing laser towards the rim. My other buddy starts dribbling like he has never touched a basketball in his life. My first buddy throws up a laser guided brick from 17 feet that hits the backboard and drops through. He gets all excited and yells, "WOOHOO!"

I was cracking up. They shot a couple of shots and then we said lets play 2 on 2. We schooled them. They sucked at basketball and we were pretty good. They laughed. I wonder if those two guys won the state competition?

End of TRUE story.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2016, 12:50:03 PM »
Bar in Denver has a basketball goal. We do something similar and act like we're terrible shooters, then make pitcher/shots bets with people on a best of 5 or 10 or whatever free throw competition, and almost always win. It's fun

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2016, 12:52:59 PM »

I can picture it; wasn't he bowling for that construction company and the bowling motivated us to do whatever it took to make sure gE and its 5 employees raised more money than their 40?

I can't remember getting pak'd because I thought I always had the kid at those things.
No kid and ever-y-one was super pak'd. That was when the pak'd out pic with the giant check was taken. The guy only seemed to loosen up when were were called up in front of all the other teams and congratulated on being the BBBS money raising ass kickers of all time. They had no idea of what to make of our giant foam board check tho.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 12:58:23 PM by Gooch »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2016, 01:09:05 PM »
Ha, I checked the gE blog that had a small recap, but which directed me to this: http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=12395.msg278183#msg278183

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »
That kid probably has a Rick Steelsmith poster up in his room.

It's difficult for me to take someone seriously who takes bowling seriously.  Bowling is roughly at the same level as darts or mini golf.  Like just chill and pound some beers and have fun doing this hobby sport.
Same as golf IMO

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2016, 01:23:33 PM »
D-rew, did you ever get down with tin hard hat k-state basketball guy?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2016, 01:28:26 PM »
Nope.  He wasn't very good IIRC.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2016, 06:33:29 PM »
No one fucks with the Jesus.

But yeah I like to roll too
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2016, 07:58:35 PM »
A couple of buddies and I were at a bar in Topeka years ago. We were playing pool and throwing darts. A couple of guys came up and said, "You wan throw darts for a pitcher?" We agreed. Two of us took them on and we won the first game. The next game, we were about to win, and then BEEP BEEP BOOP, they closed out everything and hit 5 bulls and beat us. This goes on for an hour and a half, with 2 of the 3 of us teaming up and almost beating them and then they'd beat us at the end. They hit everything they threw at all night. It was never more than pitcher, so it was cheap entertainment from our end and they were pretty good dudes.

We started harassing them for being hustlers and asked them at the end of the night how often they played and they said, "Ever-y-day. Next week is the state competition. We can basically hit everything we throw at 95% of the time." They said that they never take money from people unless somebody is being an bad person. They mainly just play for beers.

Like I said, we were having fun with them and we were all pretty hammered, so we decided to go play basketball at 1:30 in the morning. We told them where to meet us and we were shooting around when they pulled up. Instantly, one of my buddies starts shooting like Jamal Wilkes, but throwing laser towards the rim. My other buddy starts dribbling like he has never touched a basketball in his life. My first buddy throws up a laser guided brick from 17 feet that hits the backboard and drops through. He gets all excited and yells, "WOOHOO!"

I was cracking up. They shot a couple of shots and then we said lets play 2 on 2. We schooled them. They sucked at basketball and we were pretty good. They laughed. I wonder if those two guys won the state competition?

End of TRUE story.

Enjoyed this

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2016, 06:42:54 AM »
I've died and gone to heaven.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2016, 11:15:10 AM »

Didn't think so pal.
Crap.  Well I did two (one sophomore year and one junior year) and I can't remember which one was the state one.

Anyhow, I did:

1. "Frozen" -- very creepy story where I played a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) pedophile who learns that what he's doing is wrong and kills himself.  I THINK this one was the state one.

2. "Red God" -- Soviet sniper in WWII who has a god-complex about taking life and can't come to terms with civilian life after the war and yep, that's right, kills himself.

I was a complete stud at DI.
Being a judge for DI is one of the more depressing things I've ever endured.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2016, 10:06:41 PM »
Ha, I checked the gE blog that had a small recap, but which directed me to this: http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=12395.msg278183#msg278183

I didn't remember you "beating" gooch with all of those fake strikes, criminal. Also we beasted that 10th frame.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f