Poll

Your perception of K-State's overall athleticism on a 1 to 5 scale

1:  Well below average athletically for a major conference D1 team
2:  Slightly below average athletically for a major conference D1 team
3:  Average athletically for a major conference D1 team
4:  Slightly above average athleticism for a major conference D1 team
5:  Well above average athleticism for a major conference D1 team

Author Topic: Your perception of K-State's overall athleticism on a 1 to 5 scale  (Read 6536 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Your perception of K-State's overall athleticism on a 1 to 5 scale
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2015, 12:34:48 PM »
In a large sense it's also about Bill being "the face" of the program in all facets.  It's all about LHC Bill Snyder as chess master and the players are just interchangeable faceless pieces*.  Success is solely due to Bill in all aspects.  To give credit to simply having a better player is to lessen the shine on the glory that is Bill's coaching, and in effect lessen the shine on KSU football as an entity.

Now I don't think Bill sees it this way, but like any very successful coach (especially one who turns around a moribund program) he has worshippers.  KSU football for good and for bad* is LHC Bill Snyder football.   

*Until something goes wrong and then they become identifiable as the players unable to "fit in" or understand the system.
Do you really think a coach is going to take the blame when things go wrong.  There's millions of bucks involved here and no kid is going to mess that up.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2015, 12:36:05 PM »
In a large sense it's also about Bill being "the face" of the program in all facets.  It's all about LHC Bill Snyder as chess master and the players are just interchangeable faceless pieces*.  Success is solely due to Bill in all aspects.  To give credit to simply having a better player is to lessen the shine on the glory that is Bill's coaching, and in effect lessen the shine on KSU football as an entity.

Now I don't think Bill sees it this way, but like any very successful coach (especially one who turns around a moribund program) he has worshippers.  KSU football for good and for bad* is LHC Bill Snyder football.   

*Until something goes wrong and then they become identifiable as the players unable to "fit in" or understand the system.
Do you really think a coach is going to take the blame when things go wrong.  There's millions of bucks involved here and no kid is going to mess that up.
No, of course I don't.

I was talking about how our fans react.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2015, 12:38:16 PM »

No, of course I don't.

You're a fan, aren't ya?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2015, 12:39:11 PM »

No, of course I don't.

You're a fan, aren't ya?
Indeed.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2015, 12:42:10 PM »

No, of course I don't.

You're a fan, aren't ya?
Indeed.
Well then is that the way you feel about it, because I don't.  #generalization

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2015, 12:44:28 PM »

No, of course I don't.

You're a fan, aren't ya?
Indeed.
Well then is that the way you feel about it, because I don't.  #generalization
#whysodefensive

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2015, 12:47:43 PM »
I just get tired of posters calling KSU fans a bunch of stupid hicks; unable to think like a gE'er.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2015, 12:53:07 PM »
Like, guys that run fast have to work hard to run fast.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2015, 12:54:38 PM »
I just get tired of posters calling KSU fans a bunch of stupid hicks; unable to think like a gE'er.

no one called KSU fans hicks. chings eloquently stated his position.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2015, 12:55:56 PM »
Well I certainly did not do that.  This is not a KSU-specific thought process.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2015, 12:56:57 PM »
Like, guys that run fast have to work hard to run fast.
Most Olympic athletes practice most hours of the day to train to be the best; so yea I suppose they do.   

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2015, 01:07:47 PM »
I would assume that outside of the top tier football programs, every team has a similar number of athletic kids. I think everyone would agree that we prefer players who know the playbook over kids who are athletic to a fault. I do not think that many other schools show as big of bias towards kids knowing the playbook as we do. That coupled with our success makes me think we have an average number of athletic kids (since our success would indicate that we have more athletic kids than other programs).

Offline Big_Dipper

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2015, 04:17:50 PM »
Anyone who thinks the Katz' athletes are below average is a rough ride'n idiot. J_Squaks outed

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2015, 04:47:41 PM »
daris is using Snyder 2.0 to support his stance that KSU is very athletic, but i think a lot of people are answering the original question based on the perception of where the team is at going into 2015. 2015 KSU football does not seem very athletic compared to 2011, 2012, 2013 KSU football.  :dunno:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2015, 05:04:32 PM »
daris is using Snyder 2.0 to support his stance that KSU is very athletic, but i think a lot of people are answering the original question based on the perception of where the team is at going into 2015. 2015 KSU football does not seem very athletic compared to 2011, 2012, 2013 KSU football.  :dunno:
I think we look less athletic when we have more unknowns going into the season, but once the seasons starts that can change really quickly. I think we are more athletic at every position group on defense compared to last year. We really didn't lose any freaks. Now Lee is going to be in the field more and he might be the freak of the freaks defensively during Bill 2.0. In fact if Kaleb plays their is another freak of the freaks on the field.

Offensively we lose one of the best in Tyler, but we could add as a whole. All of our running backs were broken last year. Our makeshift offensive line has a good chance to be less makeshift.

I think we currently have the best raw athleticism from underclassmen that we have had in a long long time.

It think this group lacks more than experience than raw athleticism and they can be exchange to a degree.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2015, 05:44:33 PM »
I don't understand.  Did you mean on a scale of Waters to Sams?