Author Topic: Thread for Michigancat and Friends to Put Mommyblogs in the Boston Crab  (Read 40421 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for Michigancat and Friends to Put Mommyblogs in the Boston Crab
« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2016, 06:01:08 PM »
don't forget the blog executive summary!

I am aware that I have become a person who thinks, believes and acts in the way that I do in relation to the people, places and experiences that I encountered in my lifetime. The way that I am is neither good nor bad, right nor wrong – and the things that I have been through are not all positive or negative experiences. All of it chalks up to lessons that I am continuing to learn to be aware of. The purpose of this blog is an opportunity for me to reflect on the people, places and experiences that have inspired the way I am living.

There are moments that we can all look back on as turning points in our lives.  Important experiences that help to define the way we think or how we see a picture.  This idea is intriguing to me when I meet people and think about what they have been through in their lives and how it has shaped their way of behaving, their way of responding and what values are important to them.

I can look back in my own life and think of clear moments that taught me who to trust, when to react, how to communicate most effectively and when to defy authority.  I know there are major events that had big impacts and there are small events with similar effects.  I know some experiences supported thinking I had already developed and some experiences challenged previous learning and made me reevaluate what I know for certain.

I am learning to appreciate all experiences, the not so positive ones too, as helping me to grow.

Places can be inspirational whether familiar like your own home, place of employment or favorite places to frequent.  Places can also provide inspiration when they are unknown, uninviting or uncomfortable.  I love to travel and I also like to apprecaite my local surroundings for inspiration too.

Sometimes individuals enter your life who serve a purpose, some people you meet and they instantly assist you to view a problem differently whereas some people may challenge your beliefs and frustrate you to the core.  It fascinates me to reflect back on the individuals who I have met, how they have influenced me and what purpose my relationship with them has for me. I believe everyone I have encountered has impacted me in some way or another.

It is hard to appreciate the small moments, the daily occurances and the events that seem dull.  I am making an effort to find inspiration in the ordinary, to slow down and take notice.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 14, 2016, 09:31:12 AM »
The private hell that husband must live....gives me chills

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #352 on: September 14, 2016, 10:24:07 AM »
The private hell that husband must live....gives me chills

Do I praise him to encourage this behavior or would this demonstrate complacency with a lack of effort?

Can we get this guy a gofundme for a divorce lawyer and a security deposit on a two bedroom apartment somewhere?

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 14, 2016, 10:28:18 AM »
My only conclusion is he must be crazy fat/bald/gross and she is a super catch for him.  Otherwise I would bounce like tigger out of that relationship and let her and Parker live it up in western shawnee

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 14, 2016, 10:42:22 AM »
don't forget the blog executive summary!

I am aware that I have become a person who thinks, believes and acts in the way that I do in relation to the people, places and experiences that I encountered in my lifetime. The way that I am is neither good nor bad, right nor wrong – and the things that I have been through are not all positive or negative experiences. All of it chalks up to lessons that I am continuing to learn to be aware of. The purpose of this blog is an opportunity for me to reflect on the people, places and experiences that have inspired the way I am living.

There are moments that we can all look back on as turning points in our lives.  Important experiences that help to define the way we think or how we see a picture.  This idea is intriguing to me when I meet people and think about what they have been through in their lives and how it has shaped their way of behaving, their way of responding and what values are important to them.

I can look back in my own life and think of clear moments that taught me who to trust, when to react, how to communicate most effectively and when to defy authority.  I know there are major events that had big impacts and there are small events with similar effects.  I know some experiences supported thinking I had already developed and some experiences challenged previous learning and made me reevaluate what I know for certain.

I am learning to appreciate all experiences, the not so positive ones too, as helping me to grow.

Places can be inspirational whether familiar like your own home, place of employment or favorite places to frequent.  Places can also provide inspiration when they are unknown, uninviting or uncomfortable.  I love to travel and I also like to apprecaite my local surroundings for inspiration too.

Sometimes individuals enter your life who serve a purpose, some people you meet and they instantly assist you to view a problem differently whereas some people may challenge your beliefs and frustrate you to the core.  It fascinates me to reflect back on the individuals who I have met, how they have influenced me and what purpose my relationship with them has for me. I believe everyone I have encountered has impacted me in some way or another.

It is hard to appreciate the small moments, the daily occurances and the events that seem dull.  I am making an effort to find inspiration in the ordinary, to slow down and take notice.

A lot of words in order to say nothing.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 16, 2016, 04:28:35 PM »
http://www.theuglyvolvo.com/an-open-letter-to-the-female-hat-wearing-dog-from-go-dog-go/

I want you to take this in, hat-wearing female dog, lest you spend the next 15 years of your life trying to impress someone who is not worth your time.  Ignore the hat-based norms of the dog universe and wear what makes YOU happy.  Celebrate yourself!  You are awesome and unique, like that dancing eleven-year-old in the blonde wig from Sia’s Chandelier video, only a dog version!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 16, 2016, 04:35:15 PM »
Honestly, that reads like a skinnybenny blog post
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 16, 2016, 04:42:49 PM »
Why didn't she address the stupid spelling of "Good-by" in that book?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 16, 2016, 06:09:53 PM »
that wasn't too bad

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 17, 2016, 11:00:51 AM »
that wasn't too bad

yeah i am good with it

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 17, 2016, 11:06:07 AM »
Except for the "an open letter to" part at the beginning

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 17, 2016, 11:07:05 AM »
An open letter to is the most attention whorey thing of all time

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 17, 2016, 12:56:59 PM »

This x1000.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 17, 2016, 01:30:29 PM »
i liked that quite a bit, although i feel like the mommy blogger made a lot of assumptions that don't seem warranted (but maybe they are if you read the full book), and was a little harsh on the purportedly male mustard colored dog.  what is he (it) supposed to do, lie about his (its) hat preferences?  where does that get you?  and red hat-wearing dog was asking for an opinion, it's not like the mustard colored dog was out there shouting criticism at random passers-by.

i do think the mustard colored dog should have had some lines by its tail to indicate wagging during the exchanges though.  hat dog was wagging at him (it) and you have to construe not wagging in return to be a deliberate and cruel snub (possibly hat-related).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 18, 2016, 09:31:53 AM »
i liked that quite a bit, although i feel like the mommy blogger made a lot of assumptions that don't seem warranted (but maybe they are if you read the full book), and was a little harsh on the purportedly male mustard colored dog.  what is he (it) supposed to do, lie about his (its) hat preferences?  where does that get you?  and red hat-wearing dog was asking for an opinion, it's not like the mustard colored dog was out there shouting criticism at random passers-by.

i do think the mustard colored dog should have had some lines by its tail to indicate wagging during the exchanges though.  hat dog was wagging at him (it) and you have to construe not wagging in return to be a deliberate and cruel snub (possibly hat-related).

You should do an open letter to mustard dog

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 18, 2016, 04:20:01 PM »

This x1000.

'specially when it's on a mommyblog of all places.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 28, 2017, 12:47:11 PM »
http://www.inspiremore.com/dear-husband-not-person-you-married-motherhood/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=BMT&utm_campaign=partner

Dear Husband,

I am sorry.

I’m sorry that you’ve been neglected for the last four-and-a-half years. I’m sorry that your needs are secondary. I assure you, you are still one of my top priorities—you just aren’t on the top of the list anymore.

I know that you have needs, wants, dreams and desires. When I tell you that I want to be the one you lean on, I mean it. I know you are tired of my excuses of being tired, having a headache or am already snoring when you snuggle up next to me. Trust me, I wish I had the energy I had five years ago. Hell, I wish I had the energy I had two weeks ago when I washed, folded and actually put away all 10 loads of laundry. Of course, you didn’t see that because I was letting you get some much needed sleep.

I know that some days it feels like we have a business partnership. And you’re right. Some days—even weeks—feel that way. Know that I want better for our marriage, for us. Because together, we are damn good.

The problem is, my life, my brain and my body are so wrapped up in being a mother to those little boys who look exactly like you. Even after they’re sound asleep and we’re sitting on the couch watching a movie, my brain is still in mother mode.

I’m thinking about tomorrow; I’m thinking about 10 years from now. I’m wondering if you have work clothes for tomorrow. I’m worried about money, milestones and milk. Do we have enough milk? I can’t turn off being a mom. It is who I am now. And it is physically, emotionally and mentally exhausting.

I don’t want you to think you aren’t as important as you once were. I couldn’t live this life without you and I wouldn’t want to, either. But the simple fact is, you’re an adult and you can do things for yourself. You can vote, so you can make your own lunch. You are legally able to drive a car, so you can figure out how to make a doctor’s appointment.

When you come home from work, you, unfortunately, are getting the worst version of me. I gave our children the best. A little secret: Sometimes, some days, there just isn’t a best version of me. There just isn’t.

I can’t worry about your health, the boys’ health, the pet’s health and my health. Who do you think gets ignored? It’s not you. It’s not our children or our pets. When I say I don’t feel well, when I say I haven’t been sleeping, it’s because I haven’t been taking care of me.

Yes, you tell me to go to the doctor, to eat better, to drink more water, but I am my very last priority. I know I need to change that and I’m not complaining. I’m explaining that when something has to give, because no one person can do it all, I am the thing that gives.

I’m worried about your sleep apnea, your allergies, your knee spasms. I am worried about the rash Alex has, and the snotty nose that Ben suddenly started with. I am concerned about our dog’s ears and what it’s going to cost to take her to the vet.

While I’m thinking about it, I’m worried that the fish have too much algae in their tank and the water needs to be changed. I’ll just add that to the never-ending list of things I will feel guilty about when I am trying to sleep tonight. None of this your fault. I am not blaming you, or wishing you were any different.

You do extraordinary things for our family. You work harder than any person I know. You care more about everyone, including me, than any other human I have ever met. I love you a little more each time I see you help someone knowing you will never get anything in return. You are the kindest, most loving father to our children. There is a reason they cry when you leave for work. Yes, it stings a little, but knowing that you are their role model in life fills me with love and pride.

I am not the person you married 11 years ago. I have changed and evolved into a wife, mother, friend and keeper of all schedules. I am a party planner and a personal shopper. I am a chef specializing in chicken nuggets and pasta. I am a housekeeper that can’t keep a house. I am the cheerleader and the librarian. I am the night and the day nurse.

I wouldn’t change any of it. I don’t want any other life. I love you and I love the life that we created. But I am not the spontaneous, beer drinking, sexy bad girl you met way back when. I am a mother. And it is all of me.

Love Always,

Your Wife

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 28, 2017, 12:52:43 PM »
http://www.midlandkc.com/events/detail/334205

This summer, Jen and Kristin from #IMOMSOHARD are taking their show out of the playroom and onto the road. But this time, they’re bringing the kids. And a tour bus (you didn’t think they’d leave them with their husbands, did you?).

There’s no one making moms feel as uncomfortably normal as Kristin Hensley and Jen Smedley, the hilarious oh-so-real women behind #IMomSoHard. With over 675,000 Facebook fans, and more than 55 million views of their web series, Jen and Kristin’s blend of honesty and humor offer the kinds of levity most of us only get from our therapist, proving that if we weren’t all laughing, we’d be crying, right? Right!? Sure to deliver the kind of straight talk you can only get from discussing body hair in the kids’ playroom while sipping mimosas, Kristin and Jen prove you can’t make this shi*t up.

It’s like an evening with two of your besties. But funnier. And probably with more drinking. Definitely more drinking

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 28, 2017, 12:58:31 PM »
http://www.inspiremore.com/dear-husband-not-person-you-married-motherhood/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=BMT&utm_campaign=partner

Dear Husband,

I am sorry.

I’m sorry that you’ve been neglected for the last four-and-a-half years. I’m sorry that your needs are secondary. I assure you, you are still one of my top priorities—you just aren’t on the top of the list anymore.

I know that you have needs, wants, dreams and desires. When I tell you that I want to be the one you lean on, I mean it. I know you are tired of my excuses of being tired, having a headache or am already snoring when you snuggle up next to me. Trust me, I wish I had the energy I had five years ago. Hell, I wish I had the energy I had two weeks ago when I washed, folded and actually put away all 10 loads of laundry. Of course, you didn’t see that because I was letting you get some much needed sleep.

I know that some days it feels like we have a business partnership. And you’re right. Some days—even weeks—feel that way. Know that I want better for our marriage, for us. Because together, we are damn good.

The problem is, my life, my brain and my body are so wrapped up in being a mother to those little boys who look exactly like you. Even after they’re sound asleep and we’re sitting on the couch watching a movie, my brain is still in mother mode.

I’m thinking about tomorrow; I’m thinking about 10 years from now. I’m wondering if you have work clothes for tomorrow. I’m worried about money, milestones and milk. Do we have enough milk? I can’t turn off being a mom. It is who I am now. And it is physically, emotionally and mentally exhausting.

I don’t want you to think you aren’t as important as you once were. I couldn’t live this life without you and I wouldn’t want to, either. But the simple fact is, you’re an adult and you can do things for yourself. You can vote, so you can make your own lunch. You are legally able to drive a car, so you can figure out how to make a doctor’s appointment.

When you come home from work, you, unfortunately, are getting the worst version of me. I gave our children the best. A little secret: Sometimes, some days, there just isn’t a best version of me. There just isn’t.

I can’t worry about your health, the boys’ health, the pet’s health and my health. Who do you think gets ignored? It’s not you. It’s not our children or our pets. When I say I don’t feel well, when I say I haven’t been sleeping, it’s because I haven’t been taking care of me.

Yes, you tell me to go to the doctor, to eat better, to drink more water, but I am my very last priority. I know I need to change that and I’m not complaining. I’m explaining that when something has to give, because no one person can do it all, I am the thing that gives.

I’m worried about your sleep apnea, your allergies, your knee spasms. I am worried about the rash Alex has, and the snotty nose that Ben suddenly started with. I am concerned about our dog’s ears and what it’s going to cost to take her to the vet.

While I’m thinking about it, I’m worried that the fish have too much algae in their tank and the water needs to be changed. I’ll just add that to the never-ending list of things I will feel guilty about when I am trying to sleep tonight. None of this your fault. I am not blaming you, or wishing you were any different.

You do extraordinary things for our family. You work harder than any person I know. You care more about everyone, including me, than any other human I have ever met. I love you a little more each time I see you help someone knowing you will never get anything in return. You are the kindest, most loving father to our children. There is a reason they cry when you leave for work. Yes, it stings a little, but knowing that you are their role model in life fills me with love and pride.

I am not the person you married 11 years ago. I have changed and evolved into a wife, mother, friend and keeper of all schedules. I am a party planner and a personal shopper. I am a chef specializing in chicken nuggets and pasta. I am a housekeeper that can’t keep a house. I am the cheerleader and the librarian. I am the night and the day nurse.

I wouldn’t change any of it. I don’t want any other life. I love you and I love the life that we created. But I am not the spontaneous, beer drinking, sexy bad girl you met way back when. I am a mother. And it is all of me.

Love Always,

Your Wife

wow what a pair of awful people. If you can't handle buying milk or you shouldn't have pets. or kids.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 28, 2017, 01:01:37 PM »
http://people.com/human-interest/how-scary-mommy-founder-and-her-gay-husband-told-kids-about-their-divorce-we-were-terrified/

We were terrified to tell the kids but not terrified to tell People magazine once they handed us that check for an exclusive interview!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 28, 2017, 01:47:22 PM »
The mommy bloggers have been over the top ridiculous with this United Air Lines leggings story.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 28, 2017, 01:48:05 PM »
Women in general have
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 28, 2017, 01:53:41 PM »
Let's put the "if you get a free ticket follow the rules aside." They were traveling, was there no way for them to change or get a shirt or jacket that covers their asses? I love leggings but, bruh?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 10, 2017, 01:13:45 PM »
http://community.today.com/parentingteam/post/mom-truths?cid=sm_fbn_pt

Might change thread title from blog to vlog. I defy anyone on this website to sit through this entire video from something The Today Show apparently calls #MomTruth Friday.  :flush:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12