Author Topic: Thread for Michigancat and Friends to Put Mommyblogs in the Boston Crab  (Read 40425 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
About Kristin R.
Kristin is a recent Lee’s Summit suburb transplant, after living in the Brookside and Plaza areas for over eight years. Raising two young boys with her husband, Jake, has helped her to embrace the messy, wild side of life where love is expressed in bear hugs and body slams. Professionally, she can be found teaching classes as an adjunct professor in the areas of Business, Marketing and PR. She is able to provide her students with applicable, real-life knowledge as she draws from several years working in the corporate sector. “Free time” (ha!, what's that again?) is spent on an occasional date night to favorite local restaurants, reading blogs on everything from home design to politics, riding her sweet beach cruiser bike and thinking of ways to convince her husband to do yet another home improvement project.

This is a terrible bio.  I bet this lady is exceptionally annoying.

This only rates a 4/7 on the scale of annoying mommmyblogger bios.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
If 7 is most annoying, I rate that a 2.5/7 on the mommyblog annoying bio seven point scale
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
  • Cocaine is a helluva drug
    • View Profile

:sdeek:  The cult of "Parenthood is the most important thing ever and look how busy it makes me" people are the worst. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If 7 is most annoying, I rate that a 2.5/7 on the mommyblog annoying bio seven point scale

Yeah, I think you might be closer to correct.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Did you read the blog about all the poop and puke she has had on her? Kids are so disgusting

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
About Kristin R.
Kristin is a recent Lee’s Summit suburb transplant, after living in the Brookside and Plaza areas for over eight years. Raising two young boys with her husband, Jake, has helped her to embrace the messy, wild side of life where love is expressed in bear hugs and body slams. Professionally, she can be found teaching classes as an adjunct professor in the areas of Business, Marketing and PR. She is able to provide her students with applicable, real-life knowledge as she draws from several years working in the corporate sector. “Free time” (ha!, what's that again?) is spent on an occasional date night to favorite local restaurants, reading blogs on everything from home design to politics, riding her sweet beach cruiser bike and thinking of ways to convince her husband to do yet another home improvement project.
I hate her and want to slap her.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile

:sdeek:  The cult of "Parenthood is the most important thing ever and look how busy it makes me" people are the worst.

yes, parents and teachers and homebrewers are the worst about this
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
She is definitely only taking this stand on homework so that she can mommyblog about it.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I mostly agree w/ that lady but could do without the gigantic red square bullet points and even more gigantic self-righteousness

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't understand. What is that lady going to do when her kids don't pass the grade they are in?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
All of her giant red square bullet points are stuff that normal parents do with their kids anyway, after they are done with their homework obviously.

Her kids play outside, play inside with video games and Legos, and create art?  WOW! No other kids do this at all!!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't understand. What is that lady going to do when her kids don't pass the grade they are in?

She will bitch about it in her blog.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
A kid won't fail first grade for not doing homework

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

One of her kids is in second grade. What grade do they start taking homework into account?

Online Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
In fact, as a professor...
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In fact, as a professor...

That was my favorite part. Saying she had to give homework because she only had those kids for a few hours per week, but her kids are in school all day.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

One of her kids is in second grade. What grade do they start taking homework into account?
I don't know, exactly. My third grader is pretty lax about homework and would definitely pass if she never turned it in. Depends on the school and the teacher and the kid.

There's a lot of pressure on schools to stop homework for elementary kids and I think there are a lot of teachers that hate it as much as the kids and parents and wouldn't assign it if they didn't have to.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Grade school kids shouldn't have homework anyway.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Kids in China have like three hours a day of homework.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They don't really grade it anyways.  And the stupid cut & paste bullshit can gtfo

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Kids in China have like three hours a day of homework.
Pussification of America. We need 4 hours of homework to catch back up with the Chinese.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Dear stranger who disciplined my kiddo at the playground today,

Woah woah woah, lemme get this straight. So today your daughter was trying to do the monkey bars? Okay, got it. And my kid was trying to do the monkey bars too? Simple enough. But since your kiddo is new to the monkey bars and takes forever and sometimes gets scared and stops right in the middle, my son had no choice but to go past her and sometimes bump her a little and she would fall and be all sensitive and start crying? Hmmm. Alrighty then.

Now before I continue, I just want to say that yes, I know I should have been there when this all went down, but unfortunately I was on the other side of the playground with my son’s friend who was crying. So no, I wasn’t there, but does that give you a right to discipline my kiddo? Does that give you the right to talk to him sternly and tell him to knock it off? Does that give you the right to act like you are the person in charge when he is actually MY child?

Ummmm, yes. YES IT DOES.

I didn’t get the chance to say this today, but THANK YOU. Because if my kid is acting like a douchenugget and I’m not around for whatever reason, you have my permission to tell him to knock that crap off. I’m not saying you have the right to touch him in any way or yell at him uncontrollably (only I’m allowed to do that), but please feel free to tell him to stop being a jerkwad if he’s not waiting his turn to do the monkey bars. Or if he’s walking up the slide. Or if he’s throwing wood chips. Or if he’s saying bad words. Or being a bully. Or doing anything that he shouldn’t be doing that’s bothering someone else.

Because even if you aren’t his parent, you are the adult. Which means you are smarter than he is. And yeah, I know there are probably a-holes out there who would be all pissy about some stranger getting mad at their kiddo, but not me.

It takes a village. And these days our village might be a little bigger and more spread out and we don’t all sleep in side-by-side huts or ride in covered wagons or gather around the campfire at night and we don’t even all know each other, but we can either choose to have a village or not. And I choose to have a village.

I’m sorry I wasn’t there to do my job, so thank you for helping me do it.

Sincerely,

“That” kid’s mom

P.S. If you liked this, please don’t forget to like and share it. Thank you!!

P.P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog so you don’t miss any of my stuff. 

P.P.P.S. And don’t forget to check out my new HILARIOUS book I Want My Epidural Back!! If you don’t believe me check out the reviews on Amazon.

- See more at: http://babysideburns.com/2016/05/playground-dicipline/#sthash.qXc5FFVx.dpuf

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
For some reason it really irritates me when people use the word "kiddo".

P.S. Just use the word kid, it is shorter.
P.P.S. Enough with these I am going to seem like I have one position at the beginning but then "HA ha surprise" I actually have the opposite position.
P.P.P.S. Stop being so desperate to get people to follow you.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Kiddo is on the same level as hubby