Author Topic: Beer Connoisseurs  (Read 439273 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #1375 on: January 11, 2013, 10:26:26 PM »
Currently enjoying some O'Dell Lugene Chocolate Milk  Stout.  Tasty, especially if you like Lefthand Milk Stout.

pretty good first post?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 11, 2013, 10:27:05 PM »
Currently enjoying some O'Dell Lugene Chocolate Milk  Stout.  Tasty, especially if you like Lefthand Milk Stout.

sounds colorado'y

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #1377 on: January 11, 2013, 11:48:15 PM »
I enjoyed the vanilla bean at a tailgate this year, truly enjoyed it

Unless you tailgate at the tallgrass brewery, I don't think you did.

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #1378 on: January 12, 2013, 01:31:48 AM »
I just moved to co !!! My real life bro recommends dogfish head 90 minute IPA as well as dales pale ale (im a noob). I think sabination and emawmeister could attest to his non pud-ness when it comes to craft beer, too.  What are some other easy to like beers for me now that I am in a new land (not ks). TIA

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 12, 2013, 01:40:17 AM »
I think sabination and emawmeister could attest to his non pud-ness when it comes to craft beer, too.
lol

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: January 12, 2013, 02:11:10 AM »
I just moved to co !!! My real life bro recommends dogfish head 90 minute IPA as well as dales pale ale (im a noob). I think sabination and emawmeister could attest to his non pud-ness when it comes to craft beer, too.  What are some other easy to like beers for me now that I am in a new land (not ks). TIA

new belgium tripel

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #1381 on: January 12, 2013, 06:41:42 AM »

Ever heard of growlers Stan?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 12, 2013, 11:41:15 AM »

Ever heard of growlers Stan?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 12, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »
Sierra Nevada Torpedo.  :thumbs:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 12, 2013, 09:05:23 PM »

pretty decent

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 12, 2013, 09:08:08 PM »

Is that their IPA?  If so, I had one earlier this week along with one of the Celebrations.  Both were very good, IIRC.  (I was pretty cross eyed by that point.)

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: January 12, 2013, 09:15:03 PM »

Is that their IPA?  If so, I had one earlier this week along with one of the Celebrations.  Both were very good, IIRC.  (I was pretty cross eyed by that point.)

Yeah they call it "extra" IPA, but it tasted like a normal IPA to me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 12, 2013, 09:31:33 PM »

Yeah they call it "extra" IPA, but it tasted like a normal IPA to me.

it is a normal ipa

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: January 12, 2013, 10:47:55 PM »
and good

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: January 12, 2013, 11:01:12 PM »
Every once in awhile, I'll throw back a cold PBR or a Keystone Light. Reminds me of the old days and takes me back to my beer roots. But I don't do it very often. I've kinda moved up the beer ladder. That said, I still like the taste of an ice cold beer--any ice cold beer--after mowing the lawn on a hot day.  :drink:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 12, 2013, 11:16:16 PM »
Every once in awhile, I'll throw back a cold PBR or a Keystone Light. Reminds me of the old days and takes me back to my beer roots. But I don't do it very often. I've kinda moved up the beer ladder. That said, I still like the taste of an ice cold beer--any ice cold beer--after mowing the lawn on a hot day.  :drink:

I have a good friend that studied at a very highly esteemed culinary school and is currently  making big bucks creating fantastic food.   Dude has refused to eat any sort of fastfood for years now.  Seems kind silly to me.  Sometimes,  I just want a Whopper or Big Mac.   

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 13, 2013, 02:13:08 AM »

I swear by this. When it comes to "party beer", my go to is going to be Busch Light. No matter what I'm making, how far removed I am from graduation, etc., I will drink Busch Light as my mass quantity beer, and save a few bucks for the real beer.  No difference at all between busch/coors/bud cases.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 13, 2013, 02:15:53 AM »

I swear by this. When it comes to "party beer", my go to is going to be Busch Light. No matter what I'm making, how far removed I am from graduation, etc., I will drink Busch Light as my mass quantity beer, and save a few bucks for the real beer.  No difference at all between busch/coors/bud cases.

yeah. busch light is great. lol at people that think there is a dif between that and bud light and coors light and etc.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 13, 2013, 02:18:27 AM »

yeah. busch light is great. lol at people that think there is a dif between that and bud light and coors light and etc.

save that $6 and buy yourself a sixer of real beer (or at least put it towards the cause)

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: January 13, 2013, 02:35:28 AM »

save that $6 and buy yourself a sixer of real beer (or at least put it towards the cause)

Never cared for Busch lt or Miller lt.   Don't get me wrong,  I'll drink it but I'm  a Coors lt guy.   Bud lt is also acceptable.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: January 13, 2013, 02:43:23 AM »

Never cared for Busch lt or Miller lt.   Don't get me wrong,  I'll drink it but I'm  a Coors lt guy.   Bud lt is also acceptable.

Wasting your money.  Cheap pilsner is cheap pilsner. I've had the worst of the absolute worst (boxer light) and I'd drink that whenever and wherever I was offered it.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 13, 2013, 02:51:50 AM »

Wasting your money.  Cheap pilsner is cheap pilsner. I've had the worst of the absolute worst (boxer light) and I'd drink that whenever and wherever I was offered it.

I think ML is the only pilsner I mentioned.   Not sure though. And the point is sometimes cheap,  watery beer is just what the doctor ordered.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: January 13, 2013, 03:02:08 AM »

I think ML is the only pilsner I mentioned.   Not sure though. And the point is sometimes cheap,  watery beer is just what the doctor ordered.

Every beer you mentioned in that post is a pilsner/light lager.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: January 13, 2013, 03:32:41 AM »

Every beer you mentioned in that post is a pilsner/light lager.

Everything you just said is wrong/right.

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #1399 on: January 13, 2013, 07:41:17 PM »
Let's get this back on track.

[attachment deleted by admin]