Author Topic: Goolsby - KS HS Athlete of the Year  (Read 12853 times)

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Goolsby - KS HS Athlete of the Year
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2015, 05:08:06 PM »

Oh, society, we are so great and knowledgeable about all things and we have set rights and wrongs and it all works to perfect harmony.

If only we could determine, together, as society, why we disagree about everything.

Conflict isn't necessarily bad.  I think the world is really chaotic, but free discourse, republicanism and democracy is better than the practiced alternatives.

So you're not one to bash someone for holding an opinion that they have come to the conclusion is correct, that is the opposite of your own. Great!

And on chaos. Where did things go wrong? So much went right in forming our planet and us, nature working everything out without a hitch, but now as we continue to progress, we keep arguing, or fighting or killing each other. It seems to me that there is very little chaos in the grand scope of our existence, just a touch, that we can't quite shake and it is the outlier.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2015, 05:18:27 PM »
you have the same probability of being right as the athiest that says there is no god. both are stabs in the dark.

I don't think either are stabbing. They base their opinion on their own wisdom and I base mine on God's.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2015, 05:21:48 PM »

Of all the words being thrown around in these arguments, bigot is the most entertaining!

Didn't Jesus say that Christians should expect to be mocked and should celebrate it?  Seems like that is not often practiced.  It is much easier to claim the persecution, and then appeal to the same secular institutions that are apparently so fallen and broken for protection.

Yes he did. I don't really track with your point in relation to mine. That's fine.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2015, 05:22:15 PM »
But one is manipulating ppl, through fear, for power, control,  or money.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

What is this, Batman Begins?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2015, 05:36:04 PM »
Equally reasible

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2015, 05:48:42 PM »
you have the same probability of being right as the athiest that says there is no god. both are stabs in the dark.

I don't think either are stabbing. They base their opinion on their own wisdom and I base mine on God's.

Your opinion is that God is real.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2015, 06:00:08 PM »

Oh, society, we are so great and knowledgeable about all things and we have set rights and wrongs and it all works to perfect harmony.

If only we could determine, together, as society, why we disagree about everything.

Conflict isn't necessarily bad.  I think the world is really chaotic, but free discourse, republicanism and democracy is better than the practiced alternatives.

So you're not one to bash someone for holding an opinion that they have come to the conclusion is correct, that is the opposite of your own. Great!

And on chaos. Where did things go wrong? So much went right in forming our planet and us, nature working everything out without a hitch, but now as we continue to progress, we keep arguing, or fighting or killing each other. It seems to me that there is very little chaos in the grand scope of our existence, just a touch, that we can't quite shake and it is the outlier.

Are you completely ignorant of the animal kingdom?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2015, 06:25:40 PM »
I wish Christians would evolve (I'm Christian), but holy crap, these guys don't get it. Simple minded.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2015, 07:05:57 PM »
The biggest step for 99% of religions would be to admit they operate on exactly the same premises as the other 99%

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2015, 07:10:21 PM »
Yup. If god exists, he evolves. I never understood my dads stance on this.

Offline BushBlister

• Combo-Fan
  • MINION TIME!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2015, 09:11:20 PM »

lol lets not stab each other

once i just stabbed myself by myself with a protractor i was trying to pull out a splinter but instead jabbed it into my forearm.  OUCHIE WOWCHIE!!  worst part is it happened in my geometry class in front of everyone
i got a laptop now

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2015, 09:46:04 PM »

Are you completely ignorant of the animal kingdom?

Animals are not enlightened, we are, through months of willful evolution, so they say. And as a result seemingly capable of avoiding conflict, through societal achievement. Ya know, pony boy.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2015, 09:47:23 PM »
I wish Christians would evolve (I'm Christian), but holy crap, these guys don't get it. Simple minded.

Define your Christianity.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2015, 09:49:00 PM »
The biggest step for 99% of religions would be to admit they operate on exactly the same premises as the other 99%

Christianity is the 1%. Check my other threads for explanation!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2015, 12:23:15 AM »

Denzel is absolutely a conformist hiding behind teachings of a church to hate on someone different from him that he doesn't understand. It was a very popular stance.

Not for someone who is ~18 and involved in social media.

He went to a Christian school!

Offline BushBlister

• Combo-Fan
  • MINION TIME!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2015, 12:54:48 AM »

Denzel is absolutely a conformist hiding behind teachings of a church to hate on someone different from him that he doesn't understand. It was a very popular stance.

Not for someone who is ~18 and involved in social media.

He went to a Christian school!

i do too!!!! but that doesnt make me a bigot
i got a laptop now

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2015, 01:19:11 AM »
Yup. If god exists, he evolves. I never understood my dads stance on this.

That kind of goes against the idea of god
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »

Your beliefs are vastly similar to most religions, with different names.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2015, 10:10:38 AM »

Not at all, actually. Christianity is the only religion whose God is both infinite and personal. Check it out!

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2015, 10:16:43 AM »
One God,  hates other religions, must force religion on non religious,  some followers get super violent, meaningless restrictions on followers, believes ludicrous exaggerations from millenia ago yet written, rewritten, and translated multiple times by ppl with incentive to make certain interpretation, believes women are lesser beings, don't allow questions, push hard for money for the pleasure of being a member, etc. 

I mean, put all religions in a bag, shake it up, pull one out, and they most likely fit that.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2015, 10:15:56 PM »
One God,  hates other religions, must force religion on non religious,  some followers get super violent, meaningless restrictions on followers, believes ludicrous exaggerations from millenia ago yet written, rewritten, and translated multiple times by ppl with incentive to make certain interpretation, believes women are lesser beings, don't allow questions, push hard for money for the pleasure of being a member, etc. 

I mean, put all religions in a bag, shake it up, pull one out, and they most likely fit that.

Well said, my man!  :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2015, 08:36:57 AM »

I disagree with everything in bold ^

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2015, 09:35:06 AM »

Not at all, actually. Christianity is the only religion whose God is both infinite and personal. Check it out!

That's the same as saying "you are right but I really want to keep feeling unique"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2015, 09:36:32 AM »

I disagree with everything in bold ^

You disagree with those parts of christianity?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2015, 10:19:44 AM »
how the eff is this thread not in the pit by now

:flush: